What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

Nikl01as

Roller Poster
I am sure that the entrance to the hotel will not be beyond the curve! It will be somewhere by the frame. Why do I think that? Yesterday morning, when I walked to the park, the big gate was opened and I saw that the space underneath the curve got closed.

DocLa

Roller Poster
The entrance will certainly be on the left side. Behind the frame is actually no space for anything.

The picture gives a pretty good overview. Red: The steel frames they’re building at the moment. You can clearly see, that there’s no space behind. Green: presumingly the main building with restaurant, lobby etc. Blue: Mostly free space, suitable as a little plaza or driveway. So the entrance should be between blue and green. Maybe a bit mor right at the “arc” that was build recently.

b8d9193a248d2c415c99487a983b3f44.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

JammyH

Hyper Poster
I cant believe there is still no openings date announced. They look so far...

After the delays which happened with chiapas, there won’t be an opening date until after testing is completed. I wouldn’t expect an opening date until a couple of weeks before it is going to open

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
They are building as economic as possible (slower) and they have no clue how long it will take Vekoma to fully test the ride.
wk77e7g9gug21.jpg

If you saw the daily rate for those mobile cranes, I guarantee you'd adjust your perspective on what "economical" means. ;)

Plus, they do have a clue how long Vekoma will take to test the ride. They might not know to the day, but there will be contracts in place laying out expected test periods and clauses attached in case of issues. They don't just wing it...

They are working steadily - there's a lot of work going on that we can't see - but they are still working to a programme which factors in all sorts of contingencies, but is ultimately trying to get the project completed as quickly as possible (I won't comment at all on whether than programme has slipped over time).

Flying Pilot

Mega Poster
They are working steadily - there's a lot of work going on that we can't see - but they are still working to a programme which factors in all sorts of contingencies, but is ultimately trying to get the project completed as quickly as possible (I won't comment at all on whether than programme has slipped over time).

Now they are doing a great job, but there was a period, that they werent. And yes, Vekoma maybe said, it will take 4 weeks to completely test the ride, they still cant put a finger on a opening date. The ride is so extremely complicated. Its better to say no date otherwise people will be sad if they wont make it in time. Next summer its probably open so we still have to wait. (If they actually do work on the ride in the winter, because last winter they didn't do that much) I hope they will work on the inside of the hotels and the station + themed section.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Oh let's just be clear - again - I'm not saying that they aren't revealing the opening date for plenty of logical PR related reasons, but they are working to a programme and all parties involved in this project are responsible for meeting their deadlines so the project is completed by the (yet unannounced) targeted opening day.

Flying Pilot

Mega Poster
Of course, so they will announce it not this year, because there so much still that can cause a delay. It would be easier to predict an opening if this was done before, which isn't. In theorie, its possible to give us a day, but practically it's not.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Anyway....
Some more shots of the site including through the new facade structure showing those delightfully narrow gaps in the hotel building that the coaster passes through.

Another view of the details added to the rear facades.
http://instagr.am/p/B4IgRcKosU8/
Intrigued to see it all come together and ride next spring.?

Last edited:

PhantaDad2017

Roller Poster
I don't think the new entrance to Rookburgh/Hotel Charles Lindbergh will be a solid, opaque wall, but a steel-glass cathedral. Perhaps reminiscent of Cologne central station. With the F.L.Y. tracks still visible, as well as it's trains passing by.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The wall from Hotel Matamba looks a bit sad. Quite... flat? Hope there's a bit more detail or something to make it feel a bit more 3D...

Thanks for sharing the pictures! Looks like a nice day, too. :)

lostfrequentie

Roller Poster
The wall from Hotel Matamba looks a bit sad. Quite... flat? Hope there's a bit more detail or something to make it feel a bit more 3D...

Thanks for sharing the pictures! Looks like a nice day, too. :)
personally i think the faced will look like this on the right, the facade is very high and one block of layer is already build

Screenshot_20180731-201844_Gallery.jpg

qSqtbj5.jpg
Talking about this part

Last edited: