What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

Mario

Roller Poster
Does anyone know what exacly happened last friday? F.L.Y. was closed for over one hour and afterwards testruns without passengers took place for 90 minutes or so. A local newspaper reported, that some of the seats didn't rotate back at the end of the ride and some people had to wait in the uncomfy position for a while. All I picked up while waiting in queue for a long time was "issues" ;-)

Ries

Mega Poster
Wow, the new theming and posters looking very nice.
I hope I have the ability to be able to visit this year.

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
Does anyone know what exacly happened last friday? F.L.Y. was closed for over one hour and afterwards testruns without passengers took place for 90 minutes or so. A local newspaper reported, that some of the seats didn't rotate back at the end of the ride and some people had to wait in the uncomfy position for a while. All I picked up while waiting in queue for a long time was "issues" ;-)
This happened before. Back then I saw this picture being shared. A video of the evacuation was also released at the time. The FLY employees got to the passenger pretty quickly and she was taken out immediately.
IMG_20210614_203136.jpg

Ethan

Strata Poster
Love how they subtly avoid showing the wall because you KNOW they hate it too.

Every shot in that trailer though, my god, it looks incredible. I'm sold. Can I go now, please Boris?

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Find it genuinely curious that they didn't release an English trailer.

Obviously hard-to-impossible to gauge, but I always assumed they had a reasonable amount of English-speaking visitors. At the very least, all their signage offers English variants (though thinking about it, I guess that could be because it's easier than doing it for loads of languages). So I would have thought that whilst launching this in many languages, they may as well throw in an English one.

Perhaps it's just because it is a short term thing to get people interested in visiting now, and obviously us Brits have no hope in the near future. But still. Just find it curious.

Peter Immelmann

Mega Poster
Wow, this is very well done. Impressed...

The lack of an English version is indeed weird. Instead, they provide a Dutch *and* Flemish version.

Ries

Mega Poster
Wow, this is very well done. Impressed...

The lack of an English version is indeed weird. Instead, they provide a Dutch *and* Flemish version.

Do going to watch them both. Probably only the voice is different. (edit: no, the same person) But I am curious about why.

Also. On their instagram they set out a competition to create a film poster for this. If you win, besides a two day stay. You're poster will be printed and put up in Rookburgh. That is so cool.

Dutch website version: https://www.phantasialand.de/nl/filmposterwedstrijd/
Could not find the English version..

Edit: Does this mean an official pov?

Last edited:

Ries

Mega Poster
Indeed, it's the same person and isn't it both dutch? Anyways, good luck with the poster competition in case you send one in! :)
Both the same indeed. So it is really weird there is no English version.
Thanks, I was thinking about to design a poster. Not sure yet, time and all... Would be really cool to win though.

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
I (we) watched the video's linked above. :D:rolleyes: Those are the same.
You are right. On the channel these are different. It would've been weird if it wasn't.
Ahah I got the misunderstanding :) The Flemish video wasnt shared here properly :p My bad

zazobo

Hyper Poster
Bit of a topic bump here... my husband and I are considering booking a couple nights at Hotel Charles Lindberg- it's racking up at 739 euros for two nights incl dinner, park tickets etc.. vs 452 euros (excluding park tickets) at Matamba.

Is it really worth it!? Thaaaanks!

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
Bit of a topic bump here... my husband and I are considering booking a couple nights at Hotel Charles Lindberg- it's racking up at 739 euros for two nights incl dinner, park tickets etc.. vs 452 euros (excluding park tickets) at Matamba.

Is it really worth it!? Thaaaanks!
Well considering 3 days at the park would cost you another 300 euro the prices would be similar. (so depends if that is your plan)
Also the Matamba package is without the dinner then? Which, at the hotel, would also cost you an extra 30pppn

zazobo

Hyper Poster
We'll only manage to use two days of the park tickets unfortunately due to flight times etc... Matamba doesn't include dinner but we often head to a local spot for dinner when visiting Phantasialand so being obliged to eat two evening meals plus breakfast in the HCL restaurant may get a bit samey.

To be honest the price difference isn't that great, perhaps £50 or so more to stay at HCL. Does it have any outdoor space at all? In the same way that Matamba and Ling Bao have outdoor seating? I get the impression HCL may be a little claustrophobic but am keen to hear from those who have been!

Nito

Roller Poster
Indeed, it's the same person and isn't it both dutch? Anyways, good luck with the poster competition in case you send one in! :)
Unless it's used as a TV commercial, it's absolutly unneccessary to have both a Flemish and Dutch version.

What makes it even more ridiculous is that the Flemish felt off. Like someone was trying to hard to sound Flemish.
Apparently, the guy who did the voice over was born in Belgium, then moved to Amsterdam when he was 18. I found some recent videos of him and he spoke with a Dutch accent. So he kind of forgot how to properly speak Flemish, which I find quite amusing :D

Maybe there was only supposed to be a Dutch version, and then they realised the voice actor also speaks Flemish.
Germans be like: oh you speak another language? Great! Do both. A larger target audience and two videos for the same price.

🤷‍♂️