What's new

Phantasialand | Chiapas | Water Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

jokerman

Giga Poster
Re: Phantasialand | Chiapas | "Water Ride"

It's so stunning. I'm welling up.

What an incredible looking ride in such a great park. The waterfalls are just beautiful.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster

I went to phantasialand today and while i didn't get any pictures that were worth putting up, i did manage to see a boat from the top of Colorado adventure's final lifthill. Even though i saw for a second or two, it looked very rectangular (not your typical rounded log flume boats) and i couldn't see any restraints, but each persons seat is divided individually, so there maybe restraints and i just didn't see them. I thought they looked pretty cool

jokerman

Giga Poster

CookieCoasters said:
I went to phantasialand today and while i didn't get any pictures that were worth putting up, i did manage to see a boat from the top of Colorado adventure's final lifthill. Even though i saw for a second or two, it looked very rectangular (not your typical rounded log flume boats) and i couldn't see any restraints, but each persons seat is divided individually, so there maybe restraints and i just didn't see them. I thought they looked pretty cool

Given the layout (not that you can tell too much from any of the photos), it wouldn't surprise me if there were restraints like Ripsaw Falls.

peep

CF Legend

^Yep, there are lapbars....

So more pics have surfaced of the boats as they are actually TESTING!!!! Each boat has 6 seats in a single row, each has a metal bar which lowers, such an unusual design as the boats are also very square. No protection for those in the front either!

post-2079-0-72211700-1376658135_thumb.jpg

post-2079-0-55740500-1376658167_thumb.jpg

Other improvements have been going on around the area, I reckon this could be open at any point within the next week or two.

post-2079-0-48044500-1376658063_thumb.jpg

post-3275-0-55535200-1376684114_thumb.jpg

post-3275-0-36120000-1376684156_thumb.jpg

post-3275-0-75753100-1376684167_thumb.jpg

post-3275-0-32899600-1376684195_thumb.jpg

Yeah, there does appear to be lots of stairs all over the place lol, very odd.

post-1473-0-44261800-1376818926_thumb.jpg

<3 That area

post-1473-0-49099400-1376818885_thumb.jpg

Want more proof it's testing?

post-1923-0-52053500-1376782289_thumb.jpg

^That's bottom of the first lift hill. Speaking of which, how do they work? I see no lift hill mechanisms and it's only recently that it's started to confuse me.

post-3275-0-50763100-1376672488_thumb.jpg

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster

peep said:
^That's bottom of the first lift hill. Speaking of which, how do they work? I see no lift hill mechanisms and it's only recently that it's started to confuse me.

When i was stuck on the mine train i spent a while looking at the lift and i think it has little chains at both sides of the track to pull it up. Maybe they put them there, because they want to run water down the up lift a bit like Splash Mountain at Magic Kingdom

Lofty

CF Legend

Those are actually some of the best themed boats I've seen on a flume.

peep

CF Legend

So testing has been ongoing and one of the turntables has been filmed. Goons have timed it to take 1.6 seconds for the track to turn and let the boat go. It is insane and the rate the boats are going through means the staff in the station better be amazing at moving guests in and out lol....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miIN_k7sogE&feature=player_embedded#t=74[/youtube]

Also look at the size of that splash and that's without people in the boats, this is going to be a very wet ride.

Oh and the entrance is actually in the bridge...

post-3607-0-75681500-1377214983_thumb.jpg

jokerman

Giga Poster

CookieCoasters said:
peep said:

When i was stuck on the mine train i spent a while looking at the lift and i think it has little chains at both sides of the track to pull it up. Maybe they put them there, because they want to run water down the up lift a bit like Splash Mountain at Magic Kingdom

That's what I had assumed. It probably goes some way to explaining why the boats need to be the shape they are.

Ethan

Strata Poster

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFBP4oznpeg[/youtube]

jokerman

Giga Poster

They seem to travel pretty fast round this course... faster than most log flumes anyway. Or is that an illusion?

nadroJ

CF Legend

Anybody know if this has officially opened or anything yet?

Sneaky

Roller Poster

It hasn't opened yet.
Rumors are that the official opening is delayed to 2014, but that the ride may open unofficially within a few weeks.
But nobody really knows when it's going to open.

Lottie.

Mega Poster

It looks like it is almost ready but as for when it will open... pot luck if you are heading to Phantasialand within the next few weeks.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster

It's been confirmed to NOT be opening this year, because Intamin are rubbish...

TUV have apparently found over 100 problems with the ride, and it has ended up with TRIM BRAKES being put on it...

Impressive to become the biggest ride cock-up of 2013 when Smiler exists...

nadroJ

CF Legend

Yh, when I went this week parts of it were in pieces and the boats were all stacked and covered at the bottom of the big lift hill, definitely didn't look like it would be open any time soon.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster

LOOL!! Look at the state of this..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-ak_N6-KyY[/youtube]

The boat actually sinks under the water and floods the inside! Oh gosh..

Status
Not open for further replies.