What's new

PBB 2011 Rumour Mill

^Which to me shows it can run they just chose not to run it.

Scott I am not having a go here btw. All we have heard for god knows how many years now is they are giving the park a new lease of life with some paint. The park to me is just not worth £25 there has been 1 new ride that I will go since the PMBO and how old is that now?

I for one want to see the park do well and for this I think it needs new owners, some that have some clue what they are doing. That for me is the best thing that can happen to the park.

Yes - Rollercoaster AND Goldmine were conveniently open on Saturday 17th April, when the RCCGB were visiting, and loads more effects than usual were running on Valhalla.

I remember a friend of mine who's Dad is in the industry (yeah now that's gunna sound like I'm making this up.. I'm not I promise!) saying last year that they had considered not opening Valhalla that year 'cos it's so expensive to run!

It's not the attitude I look for in a Theme Park management team, and agree with Marc's point.

the roller coaster opend yesterday after the big dipper incident so its clearly able to run they just cant be arsed. i have noticed quite a few improvements this year though so props to them just please no more fountains the ghost trains new stuff is cool though and lots of other things like the river caves look good after a touch up and a going over so lets keep our fingers crossed but again dont expect much lol. And im not defending anyone or the park but to be honest if your paying for a park you cant really get better value for £25 for the amount of rides and stuff they have at pbb to mess around on id much rather spend £25 there than £35 at say alton or thorpe tbh but again thats my opinion and each to there own

^I would agree with you John, I used to love the place. But I have been going on the same rides since I was 10 so it just does not do it for me anymore.

At a live it works due to the messing about etc but just to go there for a day out it does not do it for me. Have to remember I live a 5 hour drive from there :)

But I am glad to hear the place looks better as the last time we went it just looked really run down :(

Hope they get the park in order, then maybe for 2012 get something new in.

I like PBP. I think it is a good day out for anyone who hasn't been too often; there are loads of rides there, it has a nice, "traditional" atmosphere about the place, and no doubt most non-enthusiasts really enjoy their infrequent visits. The friend I brought yesterday said how he much preferred it to Thorpe park, for example.

However, speaking as an enthusiast, I DO find it unacceptable to leave perfectly workable rides (Rollercoaster for one) sitting dormant for no reason other than penny pinching.

Hopefully, these rumours will come to something, and after/if they touch the place up and get everything up and running they can get something new put in.

If they've got any sense, and it's true that the kiddy area is being redone, they should look into some sort of tie-in, such as Thomasland at DLP, which has done wonders for the park, and the upcoming Peppa Pig area at Paultons, which I'm sure will do the same.

I for one think £25 is great value for what there is at BPB. I'm not too bothered about new rides either, BUT, if their not going to add new rides, they should keep the ones they have up and running.

The park has such a great atmosphere, and its just so different to anywhere else I've been too. The history of the place is what does it for me.

So whilst it pains me to have to step foot in Blackpool, whilst the park still has the atmosphere, and the historic feel to it, I'll still be visiting.

the roller coaster opend yesterday after the big dipper incident so its clearly able to run they just cant be arsed

In the parks defence, didn't they completely remove it from the ride line up?

I agree with everyone who says it is an ok price for the sheer amount of rides they have, yet how many of these are open for the whole day. They just decide when they want to close rides throughout the day with no warning. I was there last Saturday, Big Dipper was just shut for hours with a train on the lift, Infusion was closed for a while, they just stopped running Grand National for a short period of time. Then you have other perfectly good rides sitting there, unused. I like PBB and its ride selection, and I have really enjoyed my past 3 visits over the last year due to the variety and short queues, but the running of the place needs to be sorted.

At the moment you can get a family ticket for the Pleasure Beach, priced at £66. Also there is a half price deal on for Sunday's, if you are signed up to the official PB page on Facebook, you will see they come up with offers for the weekends on a regular basis.

Regards Roller and Goldmine, there is nothing wrong with them, they are simply SBNO and classed as ''backup'' rides, so only opened if something else is down for the day (or a few days) or if the park is too busy for them to be closed.

I honestly dont know how anyone can say £25 for a wristband isnt good value considering no matter how busy PB is, the queues are usually shifted quite quickly because there is no added waiting because of exit passes, fastracks and with the Nash being the exception, dispatch times and capacity is not bad at all on busy days at PB.

Martyn B said:

That's not really a defense though. Realistically, how many people check the website before they visit the park? The vast majority of visitors will just see a major ride sitting there doing nothing. That's bad enough if there's a problem with it, but inexcusable when it's just an attempt to cut costs.

Are the ride ops on Grand National instructed to dispatch trains at ridiculously low rates for the same reason? And, yes, that's a genuine question.

gavin said:
Are the ride ops on Grand National instructed to dispatch trains at ridiculously low rates for the same reason? And, yes, that's a genuine question.

Yep.

Sadly, its been like that ever since the change over in 2006.

If they send the trains any earlier it usually results in the system cutting out and stopping the lift which is a shame.

gavin said:
Martyn B said:

That's not really a defense though. Realistically, how many people check the website before they visit the park? The vast majority of visitors will just see a major ride sitting there doing nothing. That's bad enough if there's a problem with it, but inexcusable when it's just an attempt to cut costs.

The point I was getting at was its not like they're actually adveritising they have the ride available.

If they were, then that would be inexcusable, but they dont, so its not so bad.

And what do you mean by dispatching trains at low rates? :?

^ I think it means why does it take ****ing forever for the operators to dispatch a train after the other has long returned to the station.

Take Nemesis for example. Often as a train crawls through the break run and stops briefly for a second, the other train is leaving the station.

(Back to the Nash) On Saturday, the trains in the station would be loaded as the others went up the lift hill. The train then returned to the station, the riders got off, cleared the area fully and THEN the station train was dispatched.

If what Bicko says is true, then it's probably a good thing as a cut-off blah-de-blah system going off every few goes would create even longer waiting times.

Oh right, yeah that is very annoying. I experience that myslef last year.

That added to how many times they adjust the trains position before letting rides on, equals pain in the arse.

How many psssst's are there? 5, 6? :|

Trust me, they have to run it like that, its been the same for years.

Try to run it 'old school' Nash, by sending the loaded trains when the other two are on the final straight and you are looking at a lift hill cut out and probably an evac.

Blame Kumbak coasters, not PB. Its there system, and PB will probably not trust any outside company because of it again which is why they've done the Dipper work ''in house'', as well as putting together new PMBO trains for next year ''in house''.

Martyn B said:
Can they not get on to them about that? Or is it actually ment to be like that?

No idea, its something PB fans been asking since 2006. :p

As for the PMBO trains, they will be designed in the same way as the current trains.

Me and the other half went up there a couple of weeks back and had a brilliant day. Plenty to do for the money u pay. Saying that i did notice that none of the main rides opened till an hour some nearly 2 hours after the park had opened and closing earlier than others. Can anyone shed any light on why the hell they are doinig this?