What's new

Paultons | Raptor/FotP | Vekoma Junior Boomerang/SFC

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Re: Paultons To Build Custom Vekoma Boomerang

Oh yeah, I forgot to put "at the same time".

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

^ They will be.

And if we want to continue being pedantic, Pleasure Island opened FOUR new coasters on the same day back in 1993. http://rcdb.com/4820.htm

DeanGaryCox

Roller Poster

i was only stating a fact, no-ones being pedantic... let's just be glad though that at least some parks in the UK are investing consistently!! :)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

^ No, it wasn't aimed at you. It was aimed at Martyn "man of little faith" B. But yes, I should have interpreted my notes better. I apologise.

Five coasters in one park means Paultons will have more coasters than local rivals Chessington and Legoland.*

*That's individually, not collectively.

DeanGaryCox

Roller Poster

Ian said:
*That's individually, not collectively.

Cheers for the clarification ;)

let's hope they do open on time... but as they're not merlin, shouldn't be a problem :p

Martyn B

CF Legend

From what I've seen of the park, it mostly looks very, very bland, so I'm glad they're doing these as part of a themed area.

Same goes for the new themed area this year. Give it a few more years and they could become serious players.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

I think as soon as they built Pepper Pig world they became serious players.

It is amazing Paultons are building to excellent coasters for their market. These will be great installations for the park and I hope they continue to grow and expand.

T0M

Hyper Poster

They are in the 1 million attendance club since they launched Pepper Pig.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

I feel like the Paultons guys are one of the few parks in the UK with their head screwed on.

JamesB

Mega Poster

Fantastic news, great to see them adding new coasters, obviously Peppa Pig land has done wonders for them.

Ian, can you give any more info about Stinger, are they getting new cars for it? I assume its just a retheme.

ThomVD

Giga Poster

While their thrill rides usually range from awful to alright, Vekoma does make some of the best family coasters available, so this is a very wise move and great news. If I'm ever in that area, it might even be worth adding to my trip now.

Casio

Mega Poster

I'm so impressed. I haven't made the trip to Paulton's yet, and even though these obviously aren't the most thrilling rides they've definitely got my money. It so refreshing to see a UK park make forward-thinking decisions that benefit both the public and themselves. I am surprised they're opening both in the same year; if they staggered it by two years they'd probably get my repeat custom, but hey, I'm not complaining! (and I'm sure they have a team who knows far more about business than I do)

Hopefully Merlin will see this as need to step up Chessington's and Legoland's games, because they and Thorpe are definitely not getting my custom until any of them build something respectable.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Martyn B said:
From what I've seen of the park, it mostly looks very, very bland, so I'm glad they're doing these as part of a themed area.
To some extent, some of the ride areas are bland. There's a hangover from the 80's buildings and lesser quality rides. But you're right that PPW changed that. Investments in Magma, the new entrance plaza, Show Street and this new area is addressing that. Add that to the lovely gardens and it's not as bland as you might think.

JamesB said:
Ian, can you give any more info about Stinger, are they getting new cars for it? I assume its just a retheme.
Sure, the new Critter Creek is underway. The Wind In The Willows is being transformed into a quirky animal walk through with lizards, fish and obscure animals. It'll have a themed facade and interior.

Stinger has been painted green, the restricted ride aera is being returned and they've put a oath all of the way round, which makes for good photo opportunities. The trains have been transformed, it now looks like a psychedelic Cheshire Cat from Alice in Winderland! The whole area is rather psychedelic, especially the multi-coloured mushroom next to the storage creature with massive, bulbous eyes...

Construction on the coasters is likely to start in the last quarter if this year and the rides around the new area will be accessible when possible during this season. I'll be there to cover the milestone events.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

caffeine_demon said:
awesome news - hope the Suspended thingy is just as good as Orkanen!
It's just a standard off the shelf layout, nothing special or customised, will still be perfect for Paultons market though.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

caffeine_demon said:
awesome news - hope the Suspended thingy is just as good as Orkanen!

Uh-uh, it's not even close!

It's still a really good family ride though, but Orkanen is brilliant!