What's new

Paultons | Raptor/FotP | Vekoma Junior Boomerang/SFC

Re: Paultons To Build Custom Vekoma Boomerang

The only thing better than a new coaster is two new coasters!
I hope the suspended coaster is like Freedom Flyer.

ATTACKHAMMER said:
The only thing better than a new coaster is two new coasters!
I hope the suspended coaster is like Freedom Flyer.

From the plan shown I think it is identical to freedom flyer and the one at Gronalünd. :D

Kvasten was quite decent for a family coaster, so this should suit the park well. They do need to theme it in order to make up for the lack of a location like Gröna Lund, otherwise it could get slightly dull maybe.

62094FB9-BCBE-4412-B2D5-2F32AA75C4FA_zpso3db14fx.jpg

^Canada's Wonderland doesn't have both of those things... La Ronde does?

Love the casual Arrow Suspended on there too. Just use them all, why not?

^Yeah, that's what I meant. But they're both in Canada though, which makes them practically the same. :wink:

Managed to get classic picture of some dirt, not sure what the structure on the right of picture is but a lot of water is being pumped out of it. Guess that flying frog coaster will be rethemed to fit in too as it is staying and in the middle of the area. Judging by the bill board I posted above there will also be a flat ride themed with off road vehicles too

3FFA9901-6D29-4F74-95F8-DEB97FF9CCF3_zpsryrlmuij.jpg

It's so fab that they just flung a bunch of track together in that image haha.

Love Paulton's and am really enjoying watching them progress and flourish so nicely.

Love that poster!

This is great for Paultons, but this exactly what Chessington should be doing :(

Yeah, I... What Martyn B said.

I think, in fairness, Merlin would be doing this with Chessington if they could. We always hear people talk about the planning issues with Alton, but Chessie is in a far worse situation. What needs to happen with Chessington, IMO, is a redefinition of it's very being and that's tough when throughout the 90s it was a quality theme park experience for it's time. How do you change the way visitors think about an experience and enjoy non stereotypical British amusement/theme park experiences where the focus is on shows and zoo-like attractions and walk throughs with the odd ride?

Good luck to Paulton's. If people are paying their, imo, extortionate entry prices without having to throw BOGOFs and other vouchers about the place, they're doing something right. I would love to visit again but in all honesty, their price puts me off big time. But I'm happy for them that they're able to charge that. It shows they are doing something right in a country dominated by BOGOF deals.

Anyone know what their attendance is like? I'd love to know how it compares to Chessington.

Dinosaurs are a difficult theme. Especially as they've picked the hardest take on Dinosaur themes, it seems - having guests in a dinosaur contemporary. Little bit worried - because other than masses of foliage (expensive and high maintainance), masses of rockwork (expensive) and crap plastic out of date dino models, what can you do with it? We will see.

Judging by the level of detail put into the theming of Critter Creek and looking at how beautifully kept the gardens are I think they have a good chance of pulling the look off

Critter Creek looks good, but it doesn't look very immersive. That's one Chessington will always have over Paultons IMO. The areas feel enclosed and immersive, where as Paultons new areas still look a little 'empty' and open. Similar to Skeleton Cove at LWV.

This looks great!
I really like Paulton's, I think it is very well run and they really seem to know what they're doing.
The two coasters seem good quality, I just hope they get the theming right to make it fully immersive.

Looks brilliant, really can't wait for this!

So strange to think that in the same park is this:

DSCN2484.jpg

Paultons are really going to be a major theme park when these 2 new coasters are built.

Maybe they will dabble in the adult thrill market by building a big coaster after this if they make a lot of money? I doubt it though as I bet they will want to preserve their child friendly image no matter what.

^ Yeah, the Flying Frog is part of the retheme.

I really like that Paultons are starting to invest more in theming now. If there was one critique I ever had of the park, it's that it was all a little generic. This looks like a fantastic addition.