What's new

Paultons Park | Farmyard Flyer | Custom Zierer Force | 2022

Niles

Giga Poster
Promotional video from the park with some great off ride shots of the coaster, all the theming they have added is looking great, the plane that is on the runway also has a spinning propeller to ☺️ while its just a family coaster, being my local park I have a soft spot for them. I hope they keep their momentum and we see more well themed investments in the near future.

Matt N

CF Legend
Genuinely curious about the “thematic scent.” Which farmyard aromas will they be pumping in?
Maybe it’ll be the smell of hay? Or as this is plane themed, perhaps a fuel smell?

Or perhaps silage? As someone who lives in a rural village near to a big dairy and is regularly passed by silage trucks when walking, it certainly has a… distinctive scent.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Managed to get on the ride today. It's quite good fun, nice little whip around the helix and the theme is cute and well executed (particularly liked the 'easter eggs' in the photo booth exit - photos of the park owners and some staff as olden time American fighter pilots). I'm pretty sure the young kids in my family will love it, but to us, it's a cred. The station feels huge, has that big barn feel to it, and I liked the way it was a jaunty angle. It's nice. Video and photos will be on CF social media tomorrow....when it opens to the public. It was originally scheduled to open on the 1st, but they're bringing it forward. And I didn't notice any thematic smells.ppcred1.png

Matt N

CF Legend
I know this might sound over-the-top on the face of it, but; could this possibly be one of the most heavily themed kiddie coasters in the world?

It looks to have a lot of theming, including some pretty big pieces for a kiddie coaster, and it looks phenomenally detailed throughout.

I know it sounds mildly hyperbolic to say that a park like Paultons could be home to one of the world’s most strongly themed kiddie coasters (not that I’m surprised, mind you; Tornado Springs is stunning!), but this looks very well-themed indeed for a ride of its size, and even Disney & Universal don’t tend to go overly overboard with their kiddie/family coaster theming. From memory, Barnstormer’s theme is quite basic beyond the big billboard, and even Flight of the Hippogriff, which is within The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, probably doesn’t have an awful lot more theming than Farmyard Flyer, if any, when considering its relative size compared to Farmyard Flyer. And those two are also bigger rides than Farmyard Flyer, so particularly when its size is considered, I think Farmyard Flyer could be up there.