What's new

Parque Warner Madrid | Gotham City Escape | Intamin Launch Coaster | 2023

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
As soon as it's confirmed as a coaster (either officially or unofficially), it'll get moved across. ;)

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Me and Dr Dave were there last week, and although the construction zone is fenced off, the drop tower is right next to it and if you're facing the right way the ascent gives you a splendid overview of the entire site. It's early days, obvs, but it certainly does look like a coaster-shaped plot, although I gotta say, not a very big one. I wouldn't get your hopes up for a sprawling, Taron style multi-launcher here. I suspect that whatever it is will be fairly compact and more akin to a family coaster than a thrill coaster.

vicarpi

Roller Poster
As soon as it's confirmed as a coaster (either officially or unofficially), it'll get moved across. ;)

The only official document that it is a roller coaster project was on 10/18/2021, the official document of the agenda of the City Council of San Martín de la Vega (town where the park is located) and in the matters of the call was found: "application for a license or urban authorization - major work license for the implementation of a roller coaster activity in Parque Warner " (point 2).

FB_LnMLXEAMp4-h

Nothing more official apart from this.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Me and Dr Dave were there last week, and although the construction zone is fenced off, the drop tower is right next to it and if you're facing the right way the ascent gives you a splendid overview of the entire site. It's early days, obvs, but it certainly does look like a coaster-shaped plot, although I gotta say, not a very big one. I wouldn't get your hopes up for a sprawling, Taron style multi-launcher here. I suspect that whatever it is will be fairly compact and more akin to a family coaster than a thrill coaster.
I noticed it was a small plot..

My theory was this, there's not normally a big time gap between laying out the first stages of the footers and seeing actual footers... So I was wondering if they're maybe just getting started on the groundwork for the area they have access to right now, with a view to expanding the area when they can...

Is that a possibility? Is there an area close by that could be a candidate for demolition when the park closes in January?

Matt N

CF Legend
I noticed it was a small plot..

My theory was this, there's not normally a big time gap between laying out the first stages of the footers and seeing actual footers... So I was wondering if they're maybe just getting started on the groundwork for the area they have access to right now, with a view to expanding the area when they can...

Is that a possibility? Is there an area close by that could be a candidate for demolition when the park closes in January?
I don’t know if this has been demolished already or not, but apparently the nearby Batman simulator is said to be on the chopping block in order to build this, for what it’s worth.

JFranks

Mega Poster
It seems like a new American flag appeared in the construction area… I believe the park might wanna tell us that this point is the highest of all the rollercoaster given how flags are used for this purpose, and that this flag wasn’t here before (there is no way that casually appeared there). Also what u can see in the image are new footers which seem to actually be pretty big, even more than the ones before installed.
8799AD09-B7C1-4FBB-B200-8D58C709998D.jpeg

Last edited:

JFranks

Mega Poster
According to the forum and inside sources from the park, as well as different “investigations” from enthusiast etc. there is little to no doubt it’s gonna be Intamin… And I’m hoping so as well… but for now we gotta believe the rumours, will see. What it's clear is that a coaster is being built.