What's new

Parkitect Theme Park Sim

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
My April 2019 challenge submission - Crocodile Rock!
bandicam_2019-04-03_18-07-02-357.jpg
bandicam_2019-04-03_18-07-36-073.jpg

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1702514497

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I totally missed the hyper challenge in March, but glad April is wild mouse. Far more manageable.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
A second DLC has been announced for Parkitect!

I realize now that nobody posted about the first DLC either, so might as well link that video too:

They're pretty cheap, as is the game itself, and its wonderful simplicity makes Parkitect a really appealing game in my opinion. Check it out if you haven't already.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Man, I might have to give this game a shot at some point. I couldn't quite get hooked onto Planet Coaster, but that game was a little too overwhelming for me and I still prefer the simplicity of RCT. If this is essentially RCT with better coaster building, I could be all over it.

EDIT - Screw it, just impulse bought it. May or may not be a good idea as I got school coming back up. ?

Last edited:

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Man, I might have to give this game a shot at some point. I couldn't quite get hooked onto Planet Coaster, but that game was a little too overwhelming for me and I still prefer the simplicity of RCT. If this is essentially RCT with better coaster building, I could be all over it.

EDIT - Screw it, just impulse bought it. May or may not be a good idea as I got school coming back up. ?
I've played Parkitect for ~30 hours now; indeed it has the simplicity appeal of RCT, while allowing similar Planet Coaster-level finnicking if you want to fine tune ride designs. I will say, the theming can still be a huge time sink if you want to go in deeper - it would be nice if the game has some more pre-built stuff. It's also a little difficult to build longer coasters, more Nemesis Inferno-ish lengths of the world, but still pretty easy to jump into!

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
it would be nice if the game has some more pre-built stuff.
They're running monthly blueprint contests now, so all tracked rides have pre-built and for the most part very well-themed blueprints available. One of my designs made it in one of the earliest contests, back when they had like 8 participants each and the top 3 were included in the game. Still waiting for the developers to take up my proposal for flat ride build contests, though.

Hutch

Strata Poster
I just messed around for about 40 minutes, going through tutorials and building half of a woodie. I like the supplier/delivery system, that's something I haven't seen in other games. Coaster building is similar enough to RCT, but with enough subtle tweaks to make them a bit more realistic (banking adjustments, smoother slopes... tbh these are the only things I wish to see in RCT).

Honestly I don't know if I'll go all out on this game yet (kinda hooked onto other games at the moment, plus school is coming), so maybe buying this now wasn't the best idea lol. Although I did throw out $40 on this game (picked up a DLC pack too), so now I owe it too myself to really invest some time into this game. Hopefully I'll give it some time over the next month or so.

I'm sure once I get used to the controls/UI I'll get into it more. I realized how much it'll be hard to breakaway from RCT, as I know that game like the back of my hand.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
They're running monthly blueprint contests now, so all tracked rides have pre-built and for the most part very well-themed blueprints available. One of my designs made it in one of the earliest contests, back when they had like 8 participants each and the top 3 were included in the game. Still waiting for the developers to take up my proposal for flat ride build contests, though.
Great point! I need to spend more time in the Steam Workshop.

Also, which ride was it that got awarded of yours?