What's new

Parc Asterix |"Oz'Iris"| B&M Invert

Ben

CF Legend
Re: "Unknown", B&M Invert for Parc Asterix

I don't get it, it's Silver Bullet in a few trenches?

Oh well, guess I've just not forgotten about how much new B&M inverts suck donkey dick.

Xpress

Strata Poster

Ben said:

Oh well, guess I've just not forgotten about how much new B&M inverts suck donkey dick.

Nowhere even close, by the looks of it.

D1993

Hyper Poster

I have never come close to riding a B&M and thinking 'meh'. Theres not one B&M in the world that I would not love, and this ride is not going to be any close exception.
I loved Hydra and thats gotten lots of bad reviews. All I can say is people are too dam picky and un-appreciative. I loved hydra, and every other B&M ive been on.
I have total belief that this ride is gonna be freaking awesome

Ben

CF Legend

Xpress said:
Ben said:

Nowhere even close, by the looks of it.

I'd reply, but, your response makes no sense...

Mark

Strata Poster

See I often think there is a key rule to remember when looking at B&Ms that do suck a bit. I'm not sure they suck as Ben suggested, but some of them do feel a bit lame compared to older B&Ms. BUT, and here is the key rule bit, even the worst B&M inverts are better than a lot of the other stuff out there. I'd certainly choose even Silver Bullet (which wasn't THAT bad btw, just wasn't as good as the other inverts I have ridden) over an SLC or an Intamin invert. A poor B&M is still ahead of a lot of the competition.

With that in mind, I definitely think this is going to be a worthwhile attraction. It looks smaller then most, and has a more compact and 'twisted' layout. This is something that I myself enjoy, although others don't. Will it be paced enough. I do hope so, but even if it is poorly paced it is still going to be better than a massive chunk of coasters out there, including some already in the park...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

The other thing is, for Asterix, what B&M invert competition is there for the park? How many people visiting will be going "FFS, another new, force less B&M that can't match Talon at Dorney Park, 3500 miles away".

I don't know what the Asterix catchment is, but it's probably pretty close and this is gonig to feel like a breath of fresh air when compared to Gouderix and a superbly grown up thrill ride when compared to everything else at the park.

Yes, it'd be nice if we were presented with the "best ride yet" on each coaster of each type built, but it's not feasible. They'll do the best for the park within the constraints placed on them.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

A quick update from potionmagix...

This ride is looking a beauty, but why are there flags at the top of the lift hill? This would completely contradict the egyptian theming, or are we going to have an 'international land'? (I hope not!)

Or maybe they're just for decoration?

Attachments

• PARC%2~3.jpg
    PARC%2~3.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 45
  • PARC%2~4.jpg
    PARC%2~4.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 45

Rush

Giga Poster

furie said:
The other thing is, for Asterix, what B&M invert competition is there for the park? How many people visiting will be going "FFS, another new, force less B&M that can't match Talon at Dorney Park, 3500 miles away".
How about Monster at Walygator, which is less than 200 miles away. :wink:

I still think this is going to be awesome regardless. I think it would be wrong to compare this to Silver Bullet, the layout's far tighter, the drop looks like it actually does something and the only real similarity I can see with it is the overbank, which if you compare it to that diving loop in the new picture looks tiny, I reckon it'll really fly through that anyway.

The last new B&M Invert was built in 2007 and it seems since then B&M are starting to push out more forceful designs, particularly with their Flyers. I could see them doing the same to their inverts as well, the layout for this one looks much more unique to their previous Inverts, I reckon this will be a cracking ride and it's really tempting me out there next year. :D

bob_3_

Giga Poster

This ride is looking a beauty, but why are there flags at the top of the lift hill? This would completely contradict the egyptian theming, or are we going to have an 'international land'? (I hope not!)

It's tradition to do this on rides once they've been topped off/constructed to commemorate the people and partnerships involved in it's design and construction.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

But B+M are Sweedish...

Or perhaps nobody sweedish were involved in the making of this ride?(Which would be weird)

EDIT:B+M are from switzerland so that therefore makes them swiss not sweedish

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster

CoasterCrazy said:
But B+M are Sweedish...

Or perhaps nobody sweedish were involved in the making of this ride?(Which would be weird)

They aren't Swedish at all, Swiss. From Switzerland.

Mit deLuxe

Hyper Poster

Crazycoaster said:
CoasterCrazy said:
But B+M are Sweedish...

They aren't Swedish at all, Swiss. From Switzerland.

LOL

CoasterCrazy is giving you a bad name :p

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

Of course. Switzerland. How stupid of me! Swiss not swedish! Quick posting error, need to check my posts properly.

You see my point though!

Sorry about that.

nadroJ

CF Legend

CoasterCrazy said:
sweedish! .

OH MY GOD IT ONLY HAS ONE E!

Sorry about that but after seeing it posted about 5 times it really got to me.

Xpress

Strata Poster

nadroJ said:
CoasterCrazy said:
sweedish! .

OH MY GOD IT ONLY HAS ONE E!

Sorry about that but after seeing it posted about 5 times it really got to me.

Not if he was dragging on thee wordd. You knoww? How people addd extra letterss?

Sweeeeeeeeeedish cool)

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

Back to the topic I think...

Does anyone know when the ride will start testing?

Jared

Hyper Poster

Tracks only just been finished... So i'd guess in a couple of weeks.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

A quick update from potionmagix...

Attachments

• PARC%2~2-4.jpg
    PARC%2~2-4.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 97
  • PARC%2~3-2.jpg
    PARC%2~3-2.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 97
  • PARC%2~3-3.jpg
    PARC%2~3-3.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 95

peep

CF Legend

Is it me or have they blurred out the trains? If so that is quite amusing and I approve, gives us a bit longer to wait to see what they're like. Still uber excited about this though and I hope we get to see some theming going up soon.