What's new

Parc Asterix |"Oz'Iris"| B&M Invert

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Don't stay at Disney! Why would anyone want to go to such an amazing city and stay in a theme park? I just don't get it.

Paris is FAB; stay in the city and do stuff. The parks are very, very easy day trips. It'll be cheaper as well.

Tim

Roller Poster
Has not a single person decided to put the image on a alternative hosting site yet? Clearly wherever it currently resides is complete crap

Park Asterix is excellent. Love the cartoony take on the historical.
With the exception of the forty minuit splash boat ride through bushy nothingness, I can't think of a single ride there that didn't have a location and dress-up to do it justice, so this is unlikely to be an exception.

Without seeing the layout (Picture. Again. Really. If we're writing articles about this on the front page, let's make sure the content exists) I can't say much about what it offers exactly, but I am quite dissapointed to hear about the lack of zero-g roll.
BaM had only just got them right on their inverts with Black Mamba, and I was looking forward to more :wink:

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I like Zero-G rolls everywhere. One of the few inversions I actually like. And they are fun no matter what speed they are taken at. Fail safe.

Tim said:
Has not a single person decided to put the image on a alternative hosting site yet? Clearly wherever it currently resides is complete crap

Park Asterix is excellent. Love the cartoony take on the historical.
With the exception of the forty minuit splash boat ride through bushy nothingness, I can't think of a single ride there that didn't have a location and dress-up to do it justice, so this is unlikely to be an exception.

Without seeing the layout (Picture. Again. Really. If we're writing articles about this on the front page, let's make sure the content exists) I can't say much about what it offers exactly, but I am quite dissapointed to hear about the lack of zero-g roll.
BaM had only just got them right on their inverts with Black Mamba, and I was looking forward to more :wink:
My friend had an issue with not being able to see the picture too, but I've been able to see it every time I've looked at this topic. *shrug*?

gavin said:
Don't stay at Disney! Why would anyone want to go to such an amazing city and stay in a theme park? I just don't get it.

Paris is FAB; stay in the city and do stuff. The parks are very, very easy day trips. It'll be cheaper as well.
I'll look into it, especially if you provide suggestions :p, but the convenience of being on site j'adore. Paris doesn't particularly interest me. I'd rather have several days at Disney, and a day trip to Paris.

shawnoc

Mega Poster
The only invert that has an effective zero g roll is nemesis at Alton as you have the leg chopper over the station, other than that I see them as a whiplash element if you are not ready for them.

An invert without a zero g will be good as it will show that this type of ride can be just as intense without this element.

I look forward to seeing what will happen with this.

Tim

Roller Poster
Joey said:
My friend had an issue with not being able to see the picture too, but I've been able to see it every time I've looked at this topic. *shrug*?

So erm... put it on imageshack? :wink:

I've looked at it on two phones, two laptops and a work computer. Which is four entirely different internet connections. And none of them display it.

I'm thinking the people who are still seeing it, are just seeing what they have in their cache

EDIT:
Inverted zero-gs have typically been useless, yeah. They tend to turn too fast and push you into the seat, or the side of the seat, rather than give a feeling of weighlessness.

But like I mentioned before, Black Mamba's worked really well. In comparison to the old style, it's a lot longer, and less tall. The train rotates much slower than the sudden flick they typically do

shawnoc

Mega Poster
UC said:
I think sit-down coasters without them have far more to lose than inverts without them.

I couldnt agree more UC zero g rolls are much better paced on sit down or floorless coasters.

I do feel they are used as a safe bet for a coaster layout on a B&M. Hopefully with the wing walker concept it works just as well as a sit down/floorless.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
UC said:
Did anyone really get anything out of zero-G rolls on inverts? I really didn't see them as much more than glorified barrel rolls.

Only really on 2: Phaethon and Patriot. They're the best zero-g rolls on any coaster I've been on, let alone inverts. The train just moves through them perfectly and you get a kind of upside-down airtime (not hangtime)from start to finish if that makes sense, without any "snap" through it. It's really hard to explain.

The rest of the layouts are much less forceful than most other inverts though, so it's all give and take I guess.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Tim said:
Joey said:

So erm... put it on imageshack? :wink:

I've looked at it on two phones, two laptops and a work computer. Which is four entirely different internet connections. And none of them display it.

I'm thinking the people who are still seeing it, are just seeing what they have in their cache
Haha, I went to the first page to prove you wrong and couldn't see it.

Luckily, earlier I saved it to show my friend, I cropped the pointless text off though.

oaaelaadh.jpg

Ben

CF Legend
I thought this thing had a Zero-G, is that not what the hill-shaped thing after the dive through the tunnel is? That's what I thought that was...?

Snoo

The Legend
gavin said:
UC said:
Did anyone really get anything out of zero-G rolls on inverts? I really didn't see them as much more than glorified barrel rolls.

Only really on 2: Phaethon and Patriot. They're the best zero-g rolls on any coaster I've been on, let alone inverts. The train just moves through them perfectly and you get a kind of upside-down airtime (not hangtime)from start to finish if that makes sense, without any "snap" through it. It's really hard to explain.

The rest of the layouts are much less forceful than most other inverts though, so it's all give and take I guess.

Agreed on that. Patriot just had some quality that made it better then all the others I've experienced. You do indeed float through it.. feeling just perfect. Most others just snap or travel through it too slowly to give that feeling, such as Raptor or Alpengeist.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Nemesis is like an airtime hill with an inversion on it it takes it so fast. But it's still awesome. I'm so picky about inversions and zero-gs are consistently good.

I thought Black Mamba's actually worked in giving weighlessness, so it's the best one I've done on an invert.

Have you ridden Mamba, Gavin?

Martyn B

CF Legend
Ben said:
I thought this thing had a Zero-G, is that not what the hill-shaped thing after the dive through the tunnel is? That's what I thought that was...?

Hmm, you may well be right there...

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
TKS you must have some really cool paint :)

Rode Mamba a couple of months ago and for me although its not up there with Nemesis or Batman its a great ride in my opinion. probably 4th in the B&M inverts I've ridden. And yeah the Zero-G is pretty damn good too. Nice Floaty feeiling and probably the best exit of a Zero-G of them all.

A

Anonymous

Do you think it willbe done by May 2011 bacause im going there then with school. It looks good :--D

CMonster

Giga Poster
No, seeing as it's just a rumor right now, no construction has started, no track is on site, ect.

More like May 2012.

nealbie

CF Legend
To be fair, I'm hopeful of July 2011 because why would the track be hanging around this early? That's if it IS the Asterix track of couse :lol: