What's new

Parc Asterix |"Oz'Iris"| B&M Invert

RCF

Strata Poster
I'm not exactly sure what the layout hold but all I can tell you is this is going to be a very unique B&M invert. Shame I won't be able to ride it anytime soon.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Two things, firstly, that topic was over six months old, it's fair enough to start a new one now based on the new information we've got. I agree that it could easily have been put into that older topic, but it is fine here.

Secondly, now I don't know whether this is what you meant or not, but that post seemed very... spiteful. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you could easily have made that post sound a bit less dick-ish.

As for this new ride, certainly look interesting. Can't wait to see it completed because it means I can justify the return trip to Parc Asterix! Looking forward to seeing how it looks with the lake and the theming completed.

Martyn B

CF Legend
marc said:
Its just nice to see another invert that does not follow the normal B&M drop and loop plan.

My thoughts exactly. Nice to see something different. I just hope this is all genuine stuff.

Dave

CF Legend
Knowing Parc Asterix they will fully incorporate this into the park with great themeing. Love the layout, the ending should be good to ride and watch.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
It does look great, but do you think that the invert at Walygator might dilute its impact?

I'm assuming this has been on the cards/in the planning stages for a very long time, and would have been the only coaster of it's type in the country, but Walygator bought a second-hand one basically out of the blue.

Personally, I don't think it will matter with regards to the populrity of it, but the marketing of the thing will have to take a new angle now I'm guessing.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Any B&M Invert is a B&M invert, they're generally good times (or rather I've been lead to believe by the ones I've been on) so yay!

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
Ey, this is pretty good! Every time I go to Disneyland I want to take out a day to go here but never have done, usually because it's closed. But this is DEFINATELY a reason to go.

I love it that they haven't had anything big in ages then introduces this! Shows hope for some of the other parks who appear to have gone years without installing anything decent.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^A good enough reason to go is that it's not Disneyland Paris.

I'll never understand how people can spend days in that place and not bother trying anything else in the area.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
It involves going to Charles de Gaulle airport and getting a shuttle bus from there...

Or going to the Louvre, so it's not the most easiest place to get to really...

nealbie

CF Legend
I'd assume you'd get the train from Marne La Vallee Station to Charles de Gaulle Airport. Then get the bus/coach which goes from there to Asterix.

More checks show that it's a direct train, takes just over 10 minutes and costs between £10 and £15.

The bus itself is from the airport and combined with a park ticket was 45Euros for the 2010 season.

Hope that helps?

Martyn B

CF Legend
That pic on the first page isn't working anymore?

So if I remember correctly, is this going to be the first B&M Invert without a Zero-G roll?

bob_3_

Giga Poster
You could say the red side of "Dragon Challenge" doesn't have a zero-g.

But that's rather petty as the ride as a whole has a zero-g in it. So yeah.

I'm just happy to see a new custom invert.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Hopefully it wont feel like it needs a zero g. I know it's not an invert, but Dominator is essentially a poor ride because it doesn't have one, so, that concerns me. DD Fire pulls it off okay but it's very hard to think of them as separate rides as has already been said. As individual coasters, they aren't that great.

Nemesis Inferno said:
It involves going to Charles de Gaulle airport and getting a shuttle bus from there...

Or going to the Louvre, so it's not the most easiest place to get to really...

nealbie said:
I'd assume you'd get the train from Marne La Vallee Station to Charles de Gaulle Airport. Then get the bus/coach which goes from there to Asterix.

More checks show that it's a direct train, takes just over 10 minutes and costs between £10 and £15.

The bus itself is from the airport and combined with a park ticket was 45Euros for the 2010 season.

Hope that helps?
Thanks for that guys. I take it you can buy said park ticket on the bus?? And i assume Disney have a free shuttle to the train station? Any idea of the journey time for the Airport-Asterix bus?

I'm thinking about doing this next summer, as a visit to Disney is WELL overdue anyway.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Shuttle bus to Marnee from Disney isn't required since it's right at the park-side end of the Village... There are buses from all the hotels though...