What's new

Parc Asterix |"Oz'Iris"| B&M Invert

Re: "Unknown", B&M Invert for Parc Asterix

The zero g roll is the roll at the crest of the hill.
The last inversion on Nemesis is a corkscrew.

Corkscrew, zero g, loop, corkscrew

...ohh look at me getting all goony (bet Vadge never thought she'd see the day)

Oh well! I thought it was too tight to be a corkscrew (usually they're a lot wider) so a quick look and I thought it was a zero-G roll! :oops:

Anyway, any evidence of the theming for the coaster or for the land? I can't see any!

The Grape Wizard said:
On topic, this ride is shaping up to even rival nemesis and even Montu, let's hope it rides as good as it looks.

This ride is shaping up to be almost a wannabe montu!

^I can already tell I'll like this more than Montu. The banked turns and dive loop set it apart for me.

But I'm just not a huge Montu lover. I guess I'm picky with my layouts.

I just really hope they load this thing with theming. I know the station is huge, but that doesn't do it for me. But apart from pyramids, I can't think of any other eygtian structures :p

"Unknown", B&M Invert for Parc Asterix

If the station is huge, is there a chance for separate on-load and offload stations?

Re:

SamJ said:
If the station is huge, is there a chance for separate on-load and offload stations?

From the pictures that i've seen, I don't remember a duel station inside the building, but I saw those along time ago. I could be completely wrong, but I think it's huge so they can stuff it with theming and sprinkle theming sugar on top...I hope! :p

CoasterCrazy said:
Oh well! I thought it was too tight to be a corkscrew (usually they're a lot wider) so a quick look and I thought it was a zero-G roll! :oops:

No. A Zero-G-Roll is exactly as the name implies. A roll that has a moment of zero-gravity (that is, weightless-ness from the parabolic arch the train rotates through). Nemesis' first and last inversions are wingovers, and not to mention some of the tightest wingovers made..

A wingover is a corkscrew, just B&M uses the term wingover, and ALL of B&M's inverted wingovers are normally tight and quick. The more you know ;)

Ok I think everyone has had a go at correcting CoasterCrazy now. His comment was made ages ago, so why are we still on about it??? :?

Ethan said:
apart from pyramids, I can't think of any other eygtian structures

Obelisks, Sphinx, columns/pillars, statues of loads of different Egyyptian gods/pharaohs, sarcophogi, mummies, tomb/wall paintings, hieroglyphic carvings...

It's a stupidly easy theme to be honest.

Strangely enough, Ancient Egyptian design, architecture and mythology doesn't figure heavily on the GCSE History syllabus.

A basic sense of general knowledge, keeping your eyes open, a visit to basically any major museum in any major city, along with watching TV and films, can do wonders.

I really never learned much from my school. National Geographic channel ftw.

Xpress said:
I really never learned much from my school. National Geographic channel ftw.

Couldn't agree more :D

I have been to many history museums though!

Another wee update

image.php

image.php

image.php

Going under that final turn like that definitely wasn't in any plans we've seen...

^ How are they gonna do that tough...

EDIT: Are they gonna do a simulated one like on Manta or a real one... A real one would be harder imo..

If a watersplash was to be placed/simulated on the ride, I doubt it would be there. I think it would probably be around the entrance to the under water tunnel. Just like Vanish (that would be awesome to look at!) :p

So a hole has gathered some rain water, and that instantly means OMG WATER SPLASH!