What's new

Oakwood Updates

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
Re: Oakwood 2014 - New coaster?

Nathanisbeast said:
I have also seen that on tripadvisor the head of marketing of oakwood have been bragging about the new development that they are starting it in the next week and she also said that spooky 3D will have a update and she also said that they have plans to update the mini golf I think they will put it on the old smugglers island so what do you think is coming this year? And what do you think about the update of the mini golf which is coming soon

Where a bouts on trip advisor is this? I have just looked and can't see anything :(

I genuinely don't think they'll open the new attractions this year, when I went a couple of weeks back, the area was a complete mess, and too much work would need to be done to open in time. I am sure they'll leave it till next year, so they can open on time and build up the hype with a good marketing campaign.

Lofty

CF Legend

silenthillXD said:
My best guess would be something similar to Hobbs Pitt, seeing as that seems to have done Pleasurewood hills rather well.
I hope not, I hope they do something better than Hobbs ;)

Martyn B

CF Legend

So Neverland cost £4m, and this will be £2m. I guess that counts out any significant rides.

supersion

Mega Poster

10557336_10152663067349776_6718695984814457167_n.jpg

MINISTER PRAISES THEME PARK INVESTMENT PLANS
Tourism Minister Edwina Hart has praised the ongoing investment programme at Oakwood Theme Park during a visit to this week.
The Minister for Economy, Science and Transport also praised Pembrokeshire’s ‘forward looking’ tourism businesses and said the Welsh government was committed to working in partnership with the tourism industry.
During her visit she met Aspro UK Director Sue Elaiho and Chief Operating Officer David Soriano who gave her a guided tour of the park’s Neverland family-themed attraction before she officially opened the newly-refurbished Oak Tree Restaurant Bar & Grill.
The park’s bosses also used the visit to announce plans for a spooky new £2m multi-attraction called ‘The Legend of Sleepy Hollow’ which is due to open next year.
Sleepy Hollow is a secluded glen with a haunting atmosphere – it’s home to a ghoulish phantom called the Headless Horseman and the terrifying ‘Tree of the Dead’. The whole area abounds with local tales of haunted spots and twilight superstitions.
Oakwood Theme Park’s Clare Stansfield said: “It was a real pleasure to have the chance to show the Minister around the park and to let her see the results of our ongoing investment programme.
“Over the past two years we have invested well in excess of £5m in developing new areas of the park and providing visitors with a series of quality new attractions.
“This will continue next year with our exciting new ‘Legend of Sleepy Hollow’ which will feature a series of spooky new attractions and a major new ride experience,” she added.

I can only assume that the ''Major Attraction'' is going to be the rumoured Wild Mouse Style Coaster, as you can see it vaguely in the logo backround. I personally would've rathered seen something more exciting than a wild mouse rollercoaster... Please Oakwood, Make something decent out of this!

Lofty

CF Legend

I hope they give the theme justice and nothing like their Halloween 'events'. The park has such potential when it comes to Halloween, yet they do everything sub standard by the look of it, which is a big shame.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

I'm loving Oakwood's new found outlook and investment. I've yet to see the fairy tale area but if they continue to add new themed areas and rides, the future looks rosy.

People will travel to Oakwood's if what they do is good. If it is a wild mouse, it won't be my type of ride but if they execute it well, I'll be happy.

Mit deLuxe

Hyper Poster

I hope it's not a wild mouse! I think a Gerstlauer Bobsled would fit better for the park! And would cater for all ages!

Mit deLuxe

Hyper Poster

Has anybody heard any news recently?

All I've heard from people who have been there recently, is that the park is in a bad condition! With bad operations, closed rides and the place being filthy.

Martyn B

CF Legend

Well it's been put back to next year now so we probably wont hear anything for a while.

MouseAT

Hyper Poster

Mit deLuxe said:
All I've heard from people who have been there recently, is that the park is in a bad condition! With bad operations, closed rides and the place being filthy.
That's pretty much spot on, unfortunately. It's one of those places I've no desire to rush back to unless they either add something really significant or management get their **** together.

Darren B

Giga Poster

What Mouse said. It's **** VILE at the moment. I had a better day at Flamingo Land.

Jared

Hyper Poster

I get the feeling the Wild Mouse might be the one from Holiday Park...

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Martyn B said:
Well it's been put back to next year now so we probably wont hear anything for a while.
Has it?

Nathanisbeast

Roller Poster

yet again oakwood have delayed there new area with work (which should of started over winter 2014) will start over the winter closed seasons if it isn't delayed again the only improvements they done all year was add a shooting range (charged attraction) and new construction walls around the closed wild west which looks more appealing than last year with those construction fences. For Halloween this year they have chosen to retheme skull rock to spooky skull rock and spooky 3d transformed to spooky 4d with live actors. last Halloween they did use part of the wild west for a scare maze does this mean that deconstruction will start during Halloween. we all know that they are getting a some what wild mouse but do you think more attractions will be added maybe a flat or to what do you all think?

nemesis_guy

Roller Poster

I don't think it has been mentioned on here but here's some info from Screamscape (from like nearly 10 months ago):

http://www.screamscape.com/html/oakwood.htm said:
The Legend of the Sleepy Hollow - (1/22/15) While I’m still trying to track down what coaster may be coming to Oakwood, I did hear that the park had entered a deal last year to buy a used coaster from Spain, but was having difficulty getting it shipped and cleared by customs in time for them to open it for the 2014 season.

Time is dragging on a bit now... surely they still don't have issues with customs? Another season almost over anyway...

Martyn B

CF Legend
Oakwood Have Stated On Facebook that Megafobia is receiving a makeover for this season. Probably nothing, but they did end with "watch this space"...

(I've changed the topic title as I think even they've given up on that Sleepy Hollow land thing)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'd love to think it's getting a RMC makeover but I'm sure that wouldn't happen. If it does, I will shove a leek up my arse, glue daffodils to my head and sing Its Not Unusual in the car park.