What's new

Oakwood Updates

Re: Oakwood 2014 - New coaster?

That's the problem. As I said nice addition but not worth the trip down to Wales when I've got chessie and Thorpe near by. There's still nothing to pull me in.

Megafobia is ALWAYS worth the trip ;)

rollermonkey said:
I thought it was pretty damned good in Kobe.

I imagine with the theming, being newer and with proper maintenance it probably was. Now it's shoved on a bare patch of concrete and has essentially been rotting for years.

One of the biggest issues for me was how it looked - **** ing ugly. God knows how that plays a part in whether I thought it was a good ride or not, but it just did.

The actual ride was alright (minus the awful turnaround), with the drop after the first MCBR being the one and only highlight.

Has any one noticed on the neverland logo there is a ride which is unknown which might mean a roller coaster like this will be coming very soon also there prices have frozen at 2012 rates again this year but until 23rd may 2014 so there must be something big coming

A good family coaster like formula x would be great in Oakwood.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

If they are planning to open this is 2014, shouldn't they be pulling their finger out? I know it doesn't have to open when the park does, but surely they want to capture the summer crowd? And is there any confirmation that's it's Knightmare?
550w_knightmare_3.jpg

If im right in thinking, Knightmare has gone to Iraq.

Do we really have solid evidence yet?

Last time I drove past Camelot - Knightmare was most definitely still just sitting there rotting.

Well I know we have camelot's Teacups (we know from a picture on the other oakwood page)... thats about it at the moment. If there is a coaster then great but then i'm not getting my hopes up just yet, tbh if it was a big coaster would would know now, because with Speed we knew it was going in the park a while before it opened.

Well, at the same time Oakwood said they were getting a coaster from a closed UK park, someone from Camelot told me Knightmare was heading further down the UK (he didn't know the exact park). So I assume it was supposed to join the log flume and mini dragon at Oakwood but it didn't happen. Knightmare was then due to go to Iran but that seems to have fallen through as well. "A difficult coaster to sell" is what I was told.

Pleasurewood Hills were in talks about buying it until they realised the extortionate price that the owner was asking for it.

^ and ended up with Flamingo Lands old Wild Mouse...?! Bit of a drastic change in terms of attraction level... shame.

Does anyone recognise this type of track?

At first I thought it was the same as 'Gold Rush' Previously running at Loudoun Castle, but I'm not too sure. It could be nothing, but it does seem like roller coaster track.

Oakwood's Facebook Diary has been painfully quiet, and these screenshots are from a video on youtube from an event that was held this month called Zombieland.

I do not own the images, so I would like to just state that, and that these images are from several videos from the youtube users Aartwood & best clement.

On second thoughts, I'm not even sure if it's roller coaster track anymore...

It looks like it could be just part of the tent structure that used to hang over that part of the Wild West.

It might not be a roller coaster this year but I have heared recently that sonic spinball from alton towers might be coming to oakwood in the next few years but have u seen on the neverland logo there is a roller coaster which is not at the park has any one noticed

Behind the jail in the Wild West they have took down some trees so something is going there so Brer Rabbit might be a retheme