What's new

"Now Showing"

You're the same girl who didn't like Pulp Fiction, right?

What are you talking about Ben? I've never even SEEN Pulp Fiction...

I liked Saw 5 because it wasn't confusing for me, I enjoyed the traps, and it answered a lot of question I had.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Saw 5 was just a cash cow, it was garunteed to make money. And it was complete ****. After Saw 3 (bad) The films just got so samey you could be watching any of them, the only thing that changes are the traps, which get less imaginative and just more about gore as the series goes on. Doesn't mean I'm not going to buy the quintrilogy boxset or whatever they're going to call it when it comes out. =]

Also Pulp Fiction <3

Ollie

CF Legend
^Yeah with Saw 3,2 & 5 I always get mixed up now which traps were in which as they are all more or less the same and have no plot at all.

Ben

CF Legend
LiveForTheLaunch said:
What are you talking about Ben? I've never even SEEN Pulp Fiction...

Huh, must have been another epic, absolute masterpiece of cinema that you didn't like because it confused you then...

kimahri

CF Legend
My sister didn't like Pulp Fiction becuase she thought it was a comedy...

My mam shouted at her :lol:

And every thing past saw 2 should be set on fire. BLUE FIRE!

marc

CF Legend
Finally saw Mama Mia last night.

The fact that I went on the internet half way through says it all really. I thought some of the acting was very stiff and they did not look that comfortable at all. Story was ok but I think the stage show will be better, and I feel they should have used people from the show.

Out of 10 I will say 6.

Air Force One was on tv last night and I have never seen it.

What a good film action all the way through and great story. Another great film with Harrison Ford does he ever do a bad film?.

9 of 10 for me as I could watch it again.

Oh well, even if I haven't seen Pulp Fiction, Ben was wrong :p . I might give it a watch someday soon, because I think my boyfriend has it and considering he borrowed a bajillion of my movies, maybe I'll borrow that one.

As for the Saws, I wouldn't say the traps get less imaginative. The traps in four weren't good at all, but in the case of all the other Saw movies, I'd say they started out more realistic with traps in the first one, as in the second one, but then they gradually started getting more elaborate and unrealistic, but more gorey and exciting.

peep

CF Legend
Went to the cinema again today, lol.

First up was Rachel getting married.

I loved the angle chosen for this film, it felt so real, so dysfunctional and highly emotional. There are some excellent scenes although the rehearsal dinner was uber cringe. Everyone in the film was excellent and the emotion of the characters almost leapt off the screen. The wedding itself is actually random but it's fun and enjoyable to watch.

Rating: 4/5

Next was The Wrestler

I was never sure if I was going to enjoy it, overall it was ok, well directed and Mickey Rourke was great in the lead role. Evan Rachel Wood was great as his daughter although I wanted to learn more about her character and yet we never do. I laughed for some time with the toilet shag scene, it was just so random, especially when he wakes up the next morning. The humour was nice as it helped the film move along. Nothing amazing but Rourke does deserve at least the Oscar nom for the role.

Rating: 3/5

Snoo

The Legend
The Express

Wonderful story about Ernie Davis and his struggles as an African American boy/young adult and his playing career as a football player. I really loved it, showed things which some people forget about.

10/10

peep

CF Legend
^Who's that aimed at?

Hehe, One of the films I kinda need to see is Mission Impossible, I saw it on sale today in the ailing Zavvi for £2 so I got it :D I'll watch it and post my review later this week.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
It's funny seeing how many movies people see here. I haven't been to a movie theater in probably over 3 years now. And I'm absolutely fine with that.

But anyway, I'm not sure if I'd posted about this one before, but I watched Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog again last night. It's still absolutely fantastic. The songs are hilarious and the dialogue is so well-written. I'm sure I like it even more because of Joss' other stuff, but I was still very impressed. 9/10

peep

CF Legend
CedarPoint6 said:
It's funny seeing how many movies people see here. I haven't been to a movie theater in probably over 3 years now. And I'm absolutely fine with that.

But anyway, I'm not sure if I'd posted about this one before, but I watched Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog again last night. It's still absolutely fantastic. The songs are hilarious and the dialogue is so well-written. I'm sure I like it even more because of Joss' other stuff, but I was still very impressed. 9/10

How did you watch it? I watched it when it was first put on the site and it was awesome, I love everything Joss Whedon touches. I think it's downloadable off that apple store rubbish so I'll wait until Mr Whedon manages to get it a DVD release :D

I go to the cinema a lot because I love it, it's not just about the film, it's about the experience and a home system just doesn't beat a mass cinema system. I know where all the decent ones in London are, I don't do crappy cinemas :p

John91

Mega Poster
peep said:
I go to the cinema a lot because I love it, it's not just about the film, it's about the experience and a home system just doesn't beat a mass cinema system.
Yeah that's the same way I feel. My friends don't understand that.

Ploddish

Hyper Poster
CedarPoint6 said:

Yes and yes. More people should do these sort of things. I'd LOVE the soundtrack, but I don't have an iTunes account ¬_¬. One of my favourite short film thingies.

Johnny

Hyper Poster
Just saw Wrong Turn.

Well it was ok. When you see the pictures of the in-bred people at the beginning of the movie, you think "wow", but when you see them in person, they're a bit rubbish. You can barely see them properly they're so dirty.

Still, it was okay, didn't make me jump or cringe or anything. Not entirely worth the 18 rating...

6/10.