What's new

"Now Showing"

marc

CF Legend
I have not seen it yet but want to, the problem with effects now is we have seen them. Yes most of us were blown away with Jarrasik Park (spelling), The Day After Tomorrow and Indepedence Day etc but has it really moved on since then no. Its jus the same thing over and over again.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Forgot, watched Tropic Thunder over Christmas.

I'm not a fan of Stiller, and I can take or leave Jack Black.

The film was watchable, but nothing fantastic - it just didn't press any of my buttons at all.

7/10.

Watched The Frighteners last night with Minor_Furie. I really like the film, but it's rubbish :lol:

There's something great about it, but it never shines, it always seems to be reaching for being good (and has some great little bits), but it always fails. Minor_Furie enjoyed it and would give it 8/10. I enjoyed it and would say 6/10 :)

mrclam

Giga Poster
"The frighteners" was a weird one..

On one hand it was the perfect kids movie.. but on the other (from what i remember) it had a lot of adult situations in it.

Wasnt it a 15 or an 18 when it came out?

Peter jackson.. weird guy :lol:

Ollie

CF Legend
The Fall:

Such an amazing film. The locations are perfect and were shot on 26 locations over 18 countries, and it really pays off.
It's great to have another film that has little (if any) special effects in it and the visuals are stunning.
The characters are really believable and develop their own feelings with the audiences as you work out who you can trust and fitting it all together. The scripting also seemed to flow nicely and nothing seems unreal about it.
Such a sweet and charming film and takes you away from the real world. This is of course helped by the fantastic musical score which perfectly fits in with the scenes and helps bring out more depth in the film.
Definitely worth viewing and I highly recommend it. It's certainly in my top three films.
9.5/10

Johnny

Hyper Poster
Role Models

Amazing! Loved it. But it was the kid that made the movie really. So funny. And he's only like twelve in real life, yet he swore so much in the film, it was hilarious.

I was however, disappointed with McLovin's character. He had some funny parts, but his character in general just wasn't that funny, more ridiculous.

I thought the song at the end would be crap, like in Step Brothers, but it worked well!

Definitely had me laughing more than most other times at the cinema. Not sure whether it's better than Superbad, but it's better than Pineapple Express and The 40-year-old Virgin.

9/10.

Definitely had me laughing more than most other times at the cinema. Not sure whether it's better than Superbad, but it's better than Pineapple Express and The 40-year-old Virgin.

Yeah, I thought it was probably the best comedy I've seen since Superbad actually. Anything is better than 40-Year-Old Virgin though; wasn't a huge fan.

Ollie

CF Legend
The Dark Knight:

Still a really good movie. But lasts too long and is
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy.....
...overhyped.

Worth watching though. :)

9/10

Lain

Giga Poster
I watched Indy 4 a couple of nights ago.

I haven't seen the original trilogy (yet), but my God, Crystal Skull is terrible.

Somebody should ban George Lucas from Hollywood.

Ben

CF Legend
Lain said:
I haven't seen the original trilogy .

You are banned from society. Come back when you've seen them.

I'm gonna watch the fourth tomorrow. My review is something for y'all to look forward to.

Ollie

CF Legend
^The original three Indiana Jones films are the best (obviously). It's just that classic adventure feel to them and it brings back loads of memories from when I watched it when I was younger. :)

mrclam

Giga Poster
furie said:

The film was watchable, but nothing fantastic - it just didn't press any of my buttons at all.

7/10.

That's being generous! Most boring movie i've EVER seen.. And a POOR attempt at a comedy!

3/10

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Smelly said:
furie said:

7/10.

That's being generous! Most boring movie i've EVER seen.. And a POOR attempt at a comedy!

3/10

I was pissed and stoned, so only remember it not holding my interest at all - I was giving it the benefit of the doubt :lol:

nadroJ

CF Legend
Saw The Spirit last night and was really disappointed, the trailers basically make it look like Sin City. I must admit I was a bit wary of the 12 certificate but went in with high expectations anyway (I love Sin City).

The film had a weak storyline, hardly anybody famous (Sam Jackson and Scarlett Johanssen were the only people I recgonised), not enough action and blood etc and not serious enough. A lot of time it seemed like the movie was saying 'haha you thought it was going to be Sin City but it's not!'. Reallyy really a big let down.

4/10.

Dave

CF Legend
Ollie said:
The Dark Knight:

Still a really good movie. But lasts too long and is
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy.....
...overhyped.

Worth watching though. :)

9/10

Suck my cock, its not too long :p

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Last movie I have seen was Loft, the second Flemish thriller after 'The Memory of a Killer'.

The movie itself has been in theaters since November 2008 and has already been watched by over 950.000 people. There is already some interest from Hollywood and the film is on it's way to become the 'most-seen' movie in Belgian history.

The movie tells the story about five married man who share the ownership of a luxurious loft, which they use to recieve their mistresses. One morning, a dead and murdered body covered in blood is found in the bed of the loft. They all get together into the loft and soon everyone starts to suspect eachother for this gruesome crime. And they all are the only one who have a key to the loft.

Great thriller movie which makes you think: who would have done it. And everytime you think you know, there is this plot-twist that keeps you in the dark again. Loved this movie.

Trailer @ http://www.loftdefilm.be (available in English)

nadroJ

CF Legend
Oh wow that sounds brilliant. Might have to download it, but of course, I'd never do a thing like that *wink*

Johnny

Hyper Poster
With regards to The Dark Knight being too long, in a way, I think it is, but not by that much, only about 20 minutes.

But most 2 hours+ films that I've seen, I've enjoyed without getting bored at all, even There Will Be Blood, which some people have said is boring. Lol, no.