What's new

"Now Showing"

Forgetting Sarah Marshall looks like a really good movie. I wanna go see it if my girlfriends will get their butts on MSN to allow me to make plans.

Watched Lucky You today. It was pretty boring if I'm being honest, and I wouldn't have watched it if my dad and stepmom hadn't wanted to. It was pretty much all about Poker, which I don't know a thing about except that pocket aces are good. The love story thrown in was also stupid and cheesy, and the main character was just ridiculous.

4.5/10

nadroJ

CF Legend
Snoo what did you make of Russell Brand? This is the first time the USA has been exposed to him isn't it? I'll be interested to see how he's been recieved over there.

peep

CF Legend
nadroJ said:
Snoo what did you make of Russell Brand? This is the first time the USA has been exposed to him isn't it? I'll be interested to see how he's been recieved over there.

They love him, at the mo he is doing his Radio 2 show in LA. Aparently he is becoming quite big. Also don't forget that he was in the St. Trinians (sp?) remake last year, they never really noticed him in that though. I think he is meant to be in one or two other films this year and is already being signed up to a few other films.

A

Anonymous

big john said:
Again more remakes from jap films REC is rubish compaired to its jap version go se that one then you will poo ya self lol hehehe

Isn't [REC] a spanish film rather than Japanese? I know there's an American re-make of the Spanish one that Nadro saw in the pipeline...

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Over the weekend I watched Family Guy The Movie and Not Another Teen Movie.

Family Guy was good. It was full of it's usual stupidity, however I felt like the story was a bit weak and lacked a decent ending. I would recommend it though as it will make you laugh. 7/10

Not Another Teen Movie was... odd. It was funny and the story was good. The thing that made it better was, in my opinion, the things in the background. Posters, Leaflets etc were funny. 7/10

They were good, but both left me with the feeling of " haha... *sigh* "

Not Another Teen Movie was... odd. It was funny and the story was good. The thing that made it better was, in my opinion, the things in the background. Posters, Leaflets etc were funny. 7/10

NO!

That's all I have to say about that.

Lain

Giga Poster
"They're zombies!"
"They're strippers!"
"They're ZOMBIE STRIPPERS!"

With dialogue like that, how can it possibly fail?

big john

Mega Poster
Metallica_dave wrote
Isn't [REC] a spanish film rather than Japanese? I know there's an American re-make of the Spanish one that Nadro saw in the pipeline...

Actually it started as a jap film which was remade to spanish and is now being remade to english, But in my eyes the jap one is the best go watch it then compaire youll see what i mean.

kimahri

CF Legend
big john said:
Metallica_dave wrote

Actually it started as a jap film which was remade to spanish and is now being remade to english, But in my eyes the jap one is the best go watch it then compaire youll see what i mean.

And what is this apparent Japanese film called considering there is nothing Japanese called rec on IMDB or wiki

big john

Mega Poster
After a bit more reserch i seem to have the wrong film i will admit it i was wrong the spanish film REC is not a remake. So actually i may give it a go see i do admit when im wrong lol :p. But to answer your question Kimahri there is a jap/korian film called REC as i own it. here is the info for you http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Record_(film) The korian title translates as THE RECORD in english and is a very very good film. So after jumping to conclusions on the spanish version i take it back but then again still recomend the korian one to anyone wanting to poop themselfs lol

A

Anonymous

Zombie Strippers could be so bad it's unmissable! lol It hasn't got a release date even for the USA yet though... Looks like it's going 'straight-to-dvd' in Germany mind you! I only hope it's better than the last film starring Robert Englund that I saw (called something like '1001 Maniacs'), what a load of rubbish that was!

nadroJ

CF Legend
Doesn't get any better than low budget gorefests, my perfect saturday night tbh =D The cheesier and more ridiculous they are the better haha. Zombie strippers......oh dear.

A

Anonymous

^ Have you watched a film called 'Slashers' then? It's about the most low budget horror I've ever seen! The idea behind it is pretty good, kind of like the Running Man, but the execution is, well, less said the better!

peep

CF Legend
Peep returned to one of his fav modern cinemas (Vue at the 02) today to watch two new films:

First up was Forgetting Sarah Marshall.

I was expecting this film to be quite amusing seeing as it comes from producer of such great comedies as 40 year old virgin, Superbad, and Knocked up but I found it more relaxed than the other films. It doesn't really set out to be lol funny, focuses more on the serious aspect of it, in a way. I also think Russel Brand was top notch (my family hates his comedy but thought he was superb in this) and so were the rest of the cast. Its well made, still amusing and just nice to sit down and watch. Of course its nothing spectacular but it was still a fun film and the musical at the end was rather amusing.

Rating: 3/5

Then, at last, I got to see In Bruges.

This film is f*****g amazing as Harry (Ralph Fiennes) would say. This film has everything and is just awesome. I also used to hate Colin Farrell but I found him to be excellent in this film, now one of my fav actors, his portrayal of an amateur assassin in hilarious as well as very emotional. My only problem with this film is that its hard to talk about it without giving too much away. All I can say is that within a month two absolutely outstanding British films have been released and completely blown me away (the other film being Son of Rambow).

Rating: 5/5

Emmmerrrr

Mega Poster
Watched The Eye yesterday. Oh my god, 10 girls in a room + The Eye = lots and lots of screaming. I think once you got your head around the story, which isn't too difficult to understand, it's really quite a good film. It's interesting right from the beginning as well and never really slows down so that was a positive. There's quite a lot of jumpy bits which is always a good thing and I think it's worth a watch.

8/10

David

Mega Poster
Son of Ranbow

I was looking forward to this, as it was getting a lot of good reviews and I can see why. It was a very funny film and one I would highly recommend.

9/10.