What's new

"Now Showing"

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
SnooSnoo said:
Saw the entire Star Wars 6-ogy these last few weeks, and remembered why I loved it.

In order of love..

3, 5, 6, 2, 4, and 1.

You're rubbish. It's clearly 5, 4, 2, 6, 1, 3 (1 just keeps off last place because the end fight with Darth Maul, with the epic music is stunning).

Three was dire! 6 was rubbish for the same reasons 3 and 1 were (I can give you a 1000 word essay breaking down the reason why those three films in particular stink, the way they all fail in the same manner, etc, etc :p ).

However, I know you love mindless action and blatant heroism (nothing wrong there :D ), so you wouldn't want to hear it anyway! :lol:

peep

CF Legend
Rush said:
Today I saw The Simpsons Movie and my god it was awful. The storyline and plot was completely lost. It was unimaginative and the humour (or lack of) was completely off. It only made me smile once, not a laugh at all. The first 20 minutes were completely irrelevant and it was all just a mess. I wasn't disappointed however as I didn't have high expectations of it. I'd give it a 2/10.

You gave it 2 out of 10? Feeling a bit generous are we? My gawd that film is so dire, that cinema trip was a complete waste of my parents money :p

Rush

Giga Poster
^Well it was more of a 1.684930457/10.

It was only for the weird eskimo with the big boobs where she pointed the right direction. That was the bit that made me smile. :)

mrclam

Giga Poster
scan said:
Recently i saw Dodgeball: a true underdog story while watching one of my favorate movies of all time, my memory thought comedy films are not dead after such fiasco's as Ace ventura and the dreadful Nacho Libre.

Dodgeball set the benchmark for great comedy, and these just didn't cut it :(

:slap:
:slapped:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I just watched Superman Returns. The story wasn't great, however the effects were great.

Some of the best parts are when real life shots (of the sun and flare) 'interact' with Superman.

Emmmerrrr

Mega Poster
Went to see Awake today. It was a bit daft, and I thought there was going to be more gore than there actually was. Some parts also took me a while to get my head around and halfway through it seemed to lose the main point of the film. It was alright, quite short though, and the trailers for other films were better than the film itself.

6/10.

Tony

Hyper Poster
^I saw it last Friday and I had no expectations of it and didn't really know what it was about, just knew Jessica Alba was in it because that's all you hear in the adds :p .

It was okay, like I thought he'd feel allot more pain than that if he was totally aware etc... and it got carried away with his imagination a bit which was annoying but I liked the twist and was pleasantly pleased with the film.

7/10

Recently i saw Dodgeball: a true underdog story while watching one of my favorate movies of all time, my memory thought comedy films are not dead after such fiasco's as Ace ventura and the dreadful Nacho Libre.

Absolutely unacceptable!

Dodgeball was an extremely stupid and predictable movie. Yes, there were a few funny parts, but very few. If you want a good comedy, watch Airplane or something.

I do agree with you when it comes to Nacho Libre though. It was absolutely horrific.

Snoo

The Legend
Taylor, you make me sick.

furie said:
However, I know you love mindless action and blatant heroism (nothing wrong there Big Grin ), so you wouldn't want to hear it anyway!

Absolutely true. :lol:

There Will Be Blood

I thought it was ok.. while the acting was quite good, as it does deserve an Oscar, I found the way the story went to be a bit bland in spots. While the story wasn't a bad one by any means, just as furie said, wasn't my cup of tea.

7.5/10

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Went to see Superhero Movie last night. It was pretty good, parodying about every superhero movie that was released after 2000. Parts of it made me regret that I just had taken a bite of my chocolate, while other parts were a bit meh. But all in all, it had a hilarious moment every minute or so, and it gave me many a good laugh. I recommend it. Only downside was that there were many moments that had nothing to do with the story.

8/10.

mrclam

Giga Poster
Pokemaniac said:
Went to see Superhero Movie last night. It was pretty good, parodying about every superhero movie that was released after 2000. Parts of it made me regret that I just had taken a bite of my chocolate, while other parts were a bit meh. But all in all, it had a hilarious moment every minute or so, and it gave me many a good laugh. I recommend it. Only downside was that there were many moments that had nothing to do with the story.

8/10.

I now have a new measure for whether or not i like a movie!

Move over liveForLaunch.. I'm now listening to pokemaniac and avoiding ANY films he says are good!

And for not knowing difference between "parody" and "copy" he gets a slap too :lol:

peep

CF Legend
Last night I decided to watch Starship Troopers on Blu-ray. I havn't seen this film in years but was one of the first films rated 18 that I saw and have always enjoyed watching it. I still enjoy it, its rather silly but I think that intentional. The special effects are actually stunning and I don't know why I've never noticed this before, even gives a few recent films/TV shows a run for its money! The acting is pretty cripe but makes it more amusing to watch. Lol, you can really tell it was made by the man who directed Robocop and Total Recall, he is a effing nutcase.

Today I went to see Son of Rambow at the cinema, again. This time I took me sister and she loves it too, if you havn't seen it yet, you REALLY need to get your butt down to the nearest cinema to watch it, excellent stuff, even on second viewing!

nadroJ

CF Legend
Ok, just saw a horror/zombie thing called [rec] and can easily say is the most scared I've ever been in a cinema. It's a bit slow at the start but it picks up after the first hour and then just doens't slow down the rest of the movie. Absolutely terrifying. I give it 10/10 for the sheer pant-messingness of it all.
Go see it if you're bored of not actually being scared by horror films anymore.

big john

Mega Poster
Again more remakes from jap films REC is rubish compaired to its jap version go se that one then you will poo ya self lol hehehe

nadroJ

CF Legend
There was enough pooing of selves in the cinema last night thanks lmao. And ooh I didn't know it was a remake, have to check it out then.

Watched Psycho the other day!

I know I watched it when I was little, but I remembered pretty much none of it, and I actually really enjoyed it. It definitely lives up to the reputation it has, though I didn't think the shower scene was anything boogy. I suppose it would've been back in the day, though.

8.5/10

peep

CF Legend
I've recently got back from a small trip to London. I decided to go into London as this morning I found out that at the Empire cinema in Leciester Square they were having a special digital screening of the classic Bond film, The spy who loved me. Now if you didn't know I'm a huge Bond fan and I couldn't miss this chance to see it digitally remastered on one of the biggest cinema screens I know of. What was even more amazing is that the director of the film, Lewis Gilbert, was in attendance with his family and friends to introduce the film, I was in pure shock. It was one incredible experience that I wish I could do again. I never thought that by digitizing the film it would look so amazing, even more than the DVD version. They had also cleared up the sound and everything and it was just top notch.
A few pics.....

DSC00683.jpg

A poster outside

DSC00685.jpg

A blurry pic of the director and some other guy who worked on the film

DSC00686.jpg

Fans getting autographs and talking to one of the peeps who worked on the film

Snoo

The Legend
Forgetting Sarah Marshall

10/10.. I really loved it. It was funny, leaving me with quite a few quotables.. I suggest it.. brilliant if you've been in, lost, and tried to spite someone you love(d). :lol: