What's new

"Now Showing"

tomahawk

Staff member
Social Media Team
A few more...

Godzilla: King of CGI

It's a monster movie **** show. I enjoyed to turn my brain off, but I wouldnt have paid for it outside my subscription.

Men in Black: International

It's campy as hell, but again, popcorn.

Dark Phoenix

None of these actors wanted to be in this, and it ****ing showed. This was awful.

Toy Story 4

Telegraphed from the start, but it was good. Not as good as HTTYD3 but the animation was absolutely stunning.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

peep

Staff member
Social Media Team
Dark Phoenix

None of these actors wanted to be in this, and it ****ing showed. This was awful.
Yeah I'm avoiding this one, I haven't enjoyed the previous 2 X-Men films and this one just looked like hot garbage. It boggles my mind that the person who fluffed up with this storyline the first time with X-Men: The Last Stand was given the chance to mess it up again.

Kw6sTheater

Toy Story 4
When I first heard that a "Toy Story 4" was being filmed, I immediately laughed and (ridiculously) jumped to the conclusion that Disney simply wanted to make money off of the franchise, rather than offer another well-crafted masterpiece. I felt that Toy Story 3 was a beautiful and perfect ending to the Toy Story trilogy, and that a fourth movie simply wasn't needed. The first twenty minutes of Toy Story 4, though, proved my theory wrong.

Pros
- As with all the other Toy Story films, the plot is amazing and oozes with interesting details, settings and situations. I really found the "Road Trip" aspect of the story to be interesting, as the characters weren't in Andy's backyard anymore; they had to deal with unfamiliar topography and unfamiliar faces, bar Bo Peep.

- I found the reunion of Bo Peep and Woody feeling authentically heartfelt and tender. It was truly a moment that tugged at the soul.

- Toy Story 4 is loaded with satire, nostalgic moments and jokes. Since I watched the 3 other Toy Story movies last week to catch myself up before this one, I caught most of the Easter eggs to the past in the forms of quotes, objects and references.

Cons
I felt that a lot of the original Toy Story gang (Slinky, Jessie, Rex, Ham, and even Buzz to an extent) didn't get a fair amount of screentime. Instead, they were swapped out with new characters like Duke Kaboom, Forky and Giggles as well as the comedic duo of Ducky and Bunny - to be fair, the new characters weren't bad, but I felt that a stronger emphasis on the older toys was needed.

MAJOR Toy Story 4 Spoilers Ahead!
Although to many the ending of Woody leaving the gang for a life of adventure with Bo Peep was a total shock, I kind of expected it from the beginning. I knew that a Toy Story movie would never feature a character's death, especially the main protagonist's, but I also knew that Woody would be reluctant to leave the love of his life after losing her for 9 years. Still, this movie was a pivotal point in wrapping up the story of Woody and his friends - pretty much everyone got what they wanted. Bonnie got Forky back, Woody was reconnected with the love of his life, and Jessie got to take on a role of leadership.

All in all, Toy Story 4 is a must-watch for anyone who even partially enjoyed one of the 3 other Toy Story films. It's fun for young children all the way to adults, as well as everyone in between.

peep

Staff member
Social Media Team
Spider-Man: Far From Home - This film makes me happy, so many great moments and the two end credit sequences completely change things up. It takes a little while to really get going but it's still a fun journey and there's plenty of laughs and character development. Everything to do with Mysterio is just fantastic, some really cool and imaginative sequences. Will be going to see this again.

peep

Staff member
Social Media Team
Saw a few films at the weekend. First was Men In Black: International. This was so much better than I was expecting, I hadn't heard much about it, didn't really hear anyone talk about it so thought it must have been bad. Instead I got quite a fun Sunday afternoon blockbuster with some great vfx and some decent moments of humour. It's not great but it's fun and expands the MIB franchise quite organically.

Midsommar - Not being a fan of the director's previous film, Hereditary, I was a little hesistant to see this but I do love the cult horror vibe it was going for. Overall I think it's ok, it is shot nicely and the cast are pretty good. I also quite liked the setup even if it is a tad predictable in terms of where it is going. However I have issues with the random "jump" edits, pretty sure they're in there to unsettle you but I just found them annoying, I will give them bonus points for the subtle crazy picture manipulation going on in the background etc in certain scenes.

Anna - Hmm this film should be called flashback or whiplash because that's all it does. The structure of the film is just a mess to the point where the audience was laughing at yet another card saying "3 years ago". Some of the action sequences are fine/good (best one can be watched by basically watching the trailer) but everything else going on was just dull and boring.