What's new

"Now Showing"

But, since the target audience LOVE it, and it's huge... isn't it fundamentally flawed to call it ****?

Not for you, sure, but, not ****.

Wow, I seem to have started the HSM is bad argument again. Lolz, it's basically like marmite, some love it and some peeps loathe it.

Anyways, went cinema earlier to see the film Push.

It was an ok film, it tried to have plot twists but failed to execute them well. The effects were ok but the Chinese screaming guys just annoyed me, I felt like chucking mouldy apples at them. So overall it was just a meh film, nothing special but it wasn't bad either.

Rating: 2/5 (loses one star for having Dakota Fanning in it)

Oh yeah, also with An American Tail was the sequel Fievel goes West.

Bit more cartoony and comedic but still NOSTALGIA <3

kimahri said:

Both sucked

For a REAL cartoon... watch "secret of Nimh"

Oh yeah I watched a film I haven't seen before the other night...

Transformers

I really liked it and there were some flaws I do agree which kinda annoyed me in the film, but it was great to watch, brought the 5 year old out in me. Can't wait for the 2nd one now.

8/10

Smelly said:
kimahri said:

Both sucked

For a REAL cartoon... watch "secret of Nimh"

I tried watching that a while ago.

It bored me. Which doesn't make sense considering they are both by Don bluth.

Well An American Tail is anyway.

There will be blood - WTF? What on earth is this movie about? What is going on? I just can't quite grasp it.

DDL is superb, but everything was just kind of random. Mood swings, story jumps, times, characters appearing. I felt like I was stoned and bits kept on passing me by while I slept. Really odd film.

And then The Mist Shamefully, I enjoyed it. I thought the creatures were a bit rubbish, and the end was a little too obvious (though if it had ended any other way, I'd have felt cheated). It needed to have stopped just a bit earlier though so that you let it sink in over the credits, rather than letting it drag as much as it did.

The camera work was worse than Raybould at times too... It works if you do it all the way through, but the times it was shaky just looked slack, rather than adding anything. Cheese value wasn't quite balanced enough either. It was an enjoyable film though (in the context of the usual piss poor King horrors).

^The ending of The Mist made me laugh even though it's really sad. :p
I thought it was going to be cheesy and crap at the start as the blood looked fake and the acting was crap. But when that religious woman started going crazy it started to get better, but like you said dragged on a bit until they decided to do something about it.

Friday the 13th. (New one)

I actually quite enjoyed it. It's a bit annoying how after half an hour all the characters who you thought were the main bunch were killed, and then the movie started again.

Although, not a bad film, 7/10.

Just watched Ratatouille on blu-ray.

I love this film, the animation is excellent and so detailed and the story is nice.

Rating: 4/5

Aerith said:
Go to disneyland paris! We can all watch bolt there but instead he is called VOLT! :shock: :lol:

Lol, I spotted that too, I was tempted to see it. I still don't understand why they would change the B to a V.