What's new

New rides @ small parks

10WaTT

Hyper Poster
Twinlakes announced on their Facebook page that they are getting 10 new rides, the picture shows a rollercoaster resembling a SBF spinner, not sure on the other rides.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

10WaTT

Hyper Poster
I posted on April first , but they didn't :)
88e010e4f06847f06adf078ec36484f3.jpg

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Technically these are both new parks but neither are on the scale to start topics on :)

Two new parks that have broken ground on opposite sides of the world (Algeria and The Philippines)

Habibas Land is a new park for Oran in Algeria. Early park plans show two roller coasters, The concept art has shown a mega lite and a clone of Battlestar. Realistically i think we are talking at best a Zyklon and more likely a Wild Mouse and Wacky Worm to show up.
Habibas.jpg
Habibas2.jpg
Habibas3.jpg
Habibas4.jpg

Second up is Magic Island a new park in Silay City, Philippines. Again this is a small scale park but Zamperla have announced they are supplying the parks ride package. Again only expecting a spinning wild mouse coaster wise but the concept art for the park actually looks really quite pleasant.

Magic2.jpg
Magic1.jpg
magic3.jpg

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Drusillas' new two rides will be soft opening later this month.

http://www.drusillas.co.uk/images/user/DSC_0032.JPG

The style of theming is very "West Midland Safari park" to me and fits with the park well. Love the animal theming to the ride vehicles! (The hippo ride is called hippopotabus!!)

There's more info if you search for it but I'm currently on mobile so I won't link it all now.

Last edited:

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
New Mack water coaster for Desaru Coast Adventure Waterpark in Malaysia due to open in 2018.
Bit out of the blue but a nice addition for water park.

Desaru1.jpg Desaru2.jpg Desaru3.jpg Desaru4.jpg

Lofty

CF Legend
My only slight logic would be soething to do with them not having upstop wheels and that if it was steeper, it would be a little more dangerous? Like I said, I doubt this is it but just taking a wild stab in the dark.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I think you might be right. I can't tell, can someone find a better picture? Can the tops of the side friction wheels act as upstops?
watercoaster3.jpg

The Supersplash models and the Powersplash both have upstops though:-
home_slider5.jpg

Unless they act for both upstop and running wheels that is...

Ireeb

Mega Poster
The side wheels do protect the cars from derailing, but usually they don't need to. They are just for avoiding accidents. The Super Splash has proper wheels for that because on the vertical drop they are actually needed.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
The side wheels do protect the cars from derailing, but usually they don't need to. They are just for avoiding accidents. The Super Splash has proper wheels for that because on the vertical drop they are actually needed.

In fact, looking at the picture zooming in, there does appear to be an upstop wheel on shot on the back right side of the boat between the cross ties.

Ireeb

Mega Poster
In fact, looking at the picture zooming in, there does appear to be an upstop wheel on shot on the back right side of the boat between the cross ties.
I can't see what you are talking about. I also looked at a few pictures of Poseidon (EP) and I can't see upstop wheels there either.