What's new

New Ride for Chessington in 2016?

peep

CF Legend
^That's a good idea, would certainly fit into that space. However I can't see them getting one with the berry bouncers (or whatever they renamed them) just 5 seconds away next to the Madagascar show.

I'm hoping that as part of this addition they remove the stupid peeking heights.

It should also be noted that the field next to lorikeet lagoon will become a "glamping" site with a high ropes course.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Lucy

Hyper Poster
It would be nice if Chessington added something decent that everyone could enjoy and I agree with peep that Peeking Heights should be removed - it's a bit of an eyesore to be honest :D

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
It would be cool to see a flat at the park. Personally don't think they'll go for a drop tower, aren't their restrictions worse than Alton? I don't really know what flats they could go for to be honest. I would say an air race would fit in rather well, but is it perhaps to thrilling for their family market? (They're not any worse than Rameses though.)

Ben

CF Legend
LOL, so JJ23W yesterday was harassing me on Facebook by telling me about this as if it was excluse and to prove he had inside knowledge when it had already been posted about.

It's a shame this is a big year by Chessington standards - parks should add this level of stuff every year not every few.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Just need to remove and replace 3/4s of the park and we'll be getting somewhere...

Hopefully this will be something half decent, doubt it though...

JamesB

Mega Poster
Samurai is coming back :p in all seriousness, I wouldn't expect anything major, pretty much any flat ride will bring some life back to the park.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Less Merlin and more specifically Chessington for me.

They've removed plenty and added NOTHING of any quality for God knows how long.

Merlin have been making a decent enough effort with Thorpe and Alton.

They've ignored the ginger stepchild of the family.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
From what I gather, Peeking Heights is the benchmark height limit at the park. If they were to remove it then the locals could ask for the upper height limit to be reduced. If I were running the show, I'd keep it there out of principle.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
the only way it'll be better than what Paultons are doing is if they build 3 creds, they could be big apples for all I care, but 3 creds is better than 2 creds, that's how maths works.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
^Based on everyone's previous responses along the lines of 'Too high of a capacity for Chessington", I'd thought I'd join the bandwagon. I actually think it's a decent ride for Chessington.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
GuyWithAStick said:
^Based on everyone's previous responses along the lines of 'Too high of a capacity for Chessington", I'd thought I'd join the bandwagon. I actually think it's a decent ride for Chessington.

Oh right I see, now that makes sense!