What's new

New Coaster at Wiener Prater

Matt N

CF Legend
Gerstlauer bobsleds are reviewed very well by those who've ridden them, so I'd suggest that this will be a great addition to the park!

Wiener Prater also seems to have a very good relationship with Gerstlauer, what with Maskerade and now this being added. Could we potentially see them build something like an Infinity Coaster in the future?

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
Nice to see another one of these popping up!

Wiener Prater also seems to have a very good relationship with Gerstlauer, what with Maskerade and now this being added. Could we potentially see them build something like an Infinity Coaster in the future?

I'm pretty sure Wiener Prater is made up of different operators, kinda like Bakken. And coincidently, Maskerade is not owned and operated by the same guys who've bought this new Gerst.

I'm pretty sure Wiener Prater is made up of different operators, kinda like Bakken. And coincidently, Maskerade is not owned and operated by the same guys who've bought this new Gerst.
[/QUOTE]
That is very much a deciding factor in future attractions. This park could get something like Switchback at ZDT's if they wanted!

JamesB

Mega Poster
Gerstlauer bobsleds are reviewed very well by those who've ridden them, so I'd suggest that this will be a great addition to the park!

As someone said above, each ride at Prater is operated by individual vendors. That's the reason you pay per ride and can't get wristbands for the whole park.
Maskerade is a waste of space, barely does anything. Infinity Coaster... no way.

TilenB

Strata Poster
Looks like buwalda’s euro coaster which attends winter wonderland. Perhaps stepping in on the position that dr Archibald was supposed to be on this year? (The position Olympia looping has previously taken at the prater)
Yeah, I it's the Euro Coaster (there's a Buwalda sticker on the side). I guess Prater might be a good place for European showmen to dump one of their rides to, considering most of the funfairs in Europe are inevitably going to be cancelled.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Based on the number of lift track sections left to install, this looks like it could be one of, if not the tallest Gerstlauer bobsled.

EDIT:- It is, the stats are on RCDB:-

This makes it the tallest and longest Bobsled coaster.

Length2,001.3 ft
Height78.7 ft
Speed37.3 mph
Inversions0
Duration2:00
ElementsChain Lift Hill

w8erbahn

Roller Poster
I took some Photos today. I am really looking forward to this coaster especially a coaster that actually seems to stay.

IMG_7804.jpeg
IMG_7809.jpeg
IMG_7807.jpeg

I also saw that "Mega Blitz" is getting a new color this year.
(new color > orange track + white supports)
IMG_7806.jpeg
(i don't know who thought it's a good idea to build a building next to a coaster, its really near, I don't know what it will be used for in the future tho)

Rupert

Mega Poster
Sometimes Gerstlauer make me really appreciate manufacturers who can have sleek & minimal supports, rather than the absolute messes they often seem to create...

Just realised I think the only Gerst Bob I’ve been on is G’sengte Sau, but it was great fun so hope for a similar experience.

w8erbahn

Roller Poster
That looks massive for a BOB also the Vekoma repaint looks good, I hear its really smooth

Indeed! Megablitz is butter smooth.

Sometimes Gerstlauer make me really appreciate manufacturers who can have sleek & minimal supports, rather than the absolute messes they often seem to create...

Just realised I think the only Gerst Bob I’ve been on is G’sengte Sau, but it was great fun so hope for a similar experience.

I actually love gerstlauer support structures ?

vaugc002

Mega Poster
Ah this is great news - I wish more people made a trip to Wiener Prater.

It's a pretty expensive trip for a coaster fan (I spent close to £150 over several days riding coasters, ghost trains and thrill rides) but it has such a unique ambience and some really cool machines to try.
It's also really buzzy in the summer thanks to some great restaurants and bars. Definitely want to head back some time.

JammyH

Hyper Poster
Does anyone know whether Dr. Archibald is on site or whether Euro-Coaster is building up on the plot it was supposed to be on?

I assume Wiener Prater is being classed as a stationary amusement park rather than a fairground, which means they hopefully will be able to reopen the grounds this summer. As said above, it would make sense for eurocoaster to step in as it at least means Buwalda may be able to take some business whereas on the travelling circuit there is no business until September earliest.

I'm curious whether Dr. Archibald never turned up on site as it is a VR attraction and therefore won't be able to operate at all this year or whether both euro coaster and Dr Archibald have positions at the prater? When riding Dr Archibald at winter wonderland I don't remember any cleaning of the vr headsets at all which definitely makes it more of a hygiene concern...

I'm intrigued to find out whether any VR attractions at all across the world will be allowed to operate this year. My gut instinct is no, but of course some parks and some countries may have different rules in place to others.