What's new

NEMESIS: SUB-TERRA [Alton 2012]

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster
The logo looks like something a noob would knock up in GIMP.

Anyway, we'll see what the ride experience is like. I'm looking forward to March :)

Aaron

Hyper Poster
nadroJ said:
To be fair, I doubt this is going to be a huge, well-loved attraction and within a few years will fall out of the lime light, so I'm not overly worried about the whole thing.

Look at Duel, I've never seen it with a queue and yet it's one of my favourite rides in the park!

I'm still intrigued to see where they're going with this one, that comic trailer hints towards fire and potentially a building crescendo close to the scale of Hex's!

Colour me excited :)

spicy

Giga Poster
I would love it if the whole drop tower thing turned out not to be true and it ended up being a Templo del Fuego style attraction.

Or that kind of attraction with a drop tower somehow involved would be amazing.

Ben

CF Legend
Yeah, it's been confirmed from a few places that it'll be a ghetto, knock-off Pandora's Box.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Mmm'kay...

They seem to be doing a pretty decent job of theming on Swarm, why wouldn't they be able to pull something nice at Alton?

'Sides, just because someone knocks off a concept doesn't mean it can't be as good as the original system or better, right?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I know that sub-terra means "below ground", but I'm getting a "sub terror" feel from it, as it's not very scary at all.

Name and logo is important when it comes to marketing but won't affect the ride at all. Hopefully they can cobble together a decent experience.

Lofty

CF Legend
Ian said:
I know that sub-terra means "below ground", but I'm getting a "sub terror" feel from it, as it's not very scary at all.

Name and logo is important when it comes to marketing but won't affect the ride at all. Hopefully they can cobble together a decent experience.

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean, to be honest, as I said when it was first released, it would make FAR more sense in terms of marketing and just general ride name to have had it as "Seb-Terror". It's a clever play on words, but, as you can see, they obviously thought that wasn't a suitable enough name for some reason as I can guarantee that it would have been brought up in the process of deigning the ride.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Maybe they learned from their mistakes with Th13teen's advertising? This is going to be another family attraction, so directly having "terror" in the name could lead to the same sort of disappointment/confusion when it turns out to not be all that scary.

It's obviously a play on words, and they want people to "hear" terra=terror, without actually telling people, "this is the scariest ride in the world!!!!!" as they did with Th13teen.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Not surprised that its a prototype!

A prototype Vertical Dark Ride concept by ABC Rides features a central drop tower with benches that rotate and stop at animated scenes at various levels inside a themed building

I wonder...what about drops taken in various positions (eg.lying face forward)? That would be interesting!Could it work??? :?

Lofty

CF Legend
CoasterCrazy said:
Not surprised that its a prototype!

A prototype Vertical Dark Ride concept by ABC Rides features a central drop tower with benches that rotate and stop at animated scenes at various levels inside a themed building

I wonder...what about drops taken in various positions (eg.lying face forward)? That would be interesting!Could it work??? :?

Interesting, but pointless. Most people wouldn't know that it did it unless it was marketed that way? Meaning a lot of extra money spent on the ride then needed be.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
By rotation, it's only in one axis, and that'll be around the tower's Z axis...

If it IS that prototype on ABC's site though... I'm hoping it will be a pleasant surprise this ride though...

Lofty

CF Legend
Nemesis Inferno said:
By rotation, it's only in one axis, and that'll be around the tower's Z axis...

If it IS that prototype on ABC's site though... I'm hoping it will be a pleasant surprise this ride though...

Well, up to now, EVERYTHING has said it is, I wouldn't think it's any other type of tower ride until we get definite signs it's not.

Venom2053

Hyper Poster
I don't know if it being a prototype is a good thing. Look at windseeker. Brand new idea for a ride turned out to be a bust on Cedar Fair's part. The one on ABC's sit doesn't look that intense, the storytelling and theming better be top notch. I think it all really depends on how tall it is.

Mark

Strata Poster
I just took at look the video on the ABC website and if that is what they are going for it is clear this will be a heavily themed story and ride, if the scenes and theming is rubbish the whole experience will be tripe. Considering the strength of the Nemesis story, and the fact that the Merlin studios clearly DO have the know how to theme well I have very positive and high hopes for this.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Venom2053 said:
I don't know if it being a prototype is a good thing. Look at windseeker. Brand new idea for a ride turned out to be a bust on Cedar Fair's part. The one on ABC's sit doesn't look that intense, the storytelling and theming better be top notch. I think it all really depends on how tall it is.

We KNOW it's not going to be tall; it can't be, and judging from the information on the ABC site (if that's what's happening), then the height of the thing is of no real relevance to the point of the ride.

I kind of hate how people are already willing this to fail. If you're daft enough to be looking for "intense" then get ready for a Th13teen-sized "disappointment".

Mark

Strata Poster
^ Totally Gavin.

Personally I am willing that the Merlin Studios show us what they are really made of and produce something that is truly an immersive experience that utilises one of my favourite (and arguably one of the better executed) ride back stories.

The whole Swarm project has actually improved my belief that they can actually pull this off!