What's new

NEMESIS: SUB-TERRA [Alton 2012]

Yeah, Fury's queue is literally just a cattle pen. It's hardly exciting but there is some STUFF, and it's nice enough.

It's better than Rita's and Th13teen's, haha. And yeah, Shockwave's. And G Force's. And Saw's <//3

Joey's over-exaggerating <//3

And I really like Land of the Dragons.

And you can't see there's no reason to theme it to Dragons. There's ALWAYS a reason to them to Dragons. That is, Dragons are **** COOL. I actually really like the idea that the cars are flaming, spinning fire-balls. I think that's quite cool...

It's better than Rita's and Th13teen's, haha. And yeah, Shockwave's. And G Force's. And Saw's <//3
You think so, really?

Rita's is better because the ride passes over and around it, also the area is less in hot because of wind passing through surrounding trees.
Thirteen's isn't much cattle pen, it's one long path mostly. Again you can watch Rita and get the breeze and shade from the trees.
Shockwave's is indoors. At last it's out of the rain. No cattlepen, less likley to be busy than Fury.
G-Force's is indoors. Out of rain and sun.

Dragon's Fury's is literally right in the sunlight and rain. NO escape. It's a horrendous tight mess. There's often a stentch from behind the fence where the spare cars are kept, who knows why. It's capacity is poor, so the queue is slow moving.

It IS the worst queue in the world. Well, in my opinion.

I think the crux of it for me is the sun.

Actually I just thought of a worse queue... Wildebeast at Holiday World. It's the same, except you queue in swimware on burning concrete.

I actually really like the idea that the cars are flaming, spinning fire-balls. I think that's quite cool...
It would be, if the concept was even vaguely communicated. Even the spiel by Frazzle states "take a spin on the Dragon's fury and ride his fiery back"... Fiery back? What?

Joey said:
Dragon's Fury's is literally right in the sunlight and rain. NO escape. It's a horrendous tight mess. There's often a stentch from behind the fence where the spare cars are kept, who knows why. It's capacity is poor, so the queue is slow moving.

Joey, just, no.

If it was JUST about being in the sun and it being tight, surely a tight, outdoor queue in a country that's actually, you know, hot, would be worse? Imagine some of the ones in China, with awful operations. And the humidity <//3 Fury's isn't great by all means, but, for a cattlepen, it isn't even THAT cramped, it's fairly wide... And how you can say it's better than Shockwave's in that actually hot, dank, dark, creature-infested shed is beyond me <//3

I actually really like the idea that the cars are flaming, spinning fire-balls. I think that's quite cool...
It would be, if the concept was even vaguely communicated. Even the spiel by Frazzle states "take a spin on the Dragon's fury and ride his fiery back"... Fiery back? What?

But, the cars are painted like fire balls. Doesn't that communicate this?

...is literally right in the sunlight and rain. NO escape. It's a horrendous tight mess...It's capacity is poor, so the queue is slow moving.

Sounds like a perfect description of Rita's queue to me.

Joey said:

It would have been far better communicated if the station was a giant dragon and you come out of the Dragons mouth :)

[/offtopicness]

With the photos I took yesterday, it seems that fan artwork may be right. At the moment, there are buildings there that lo like the ones in the fan artwork.

IMG_0296.jpg

What you can see from the path.

IMG_0297.jpg

Taken over the fence.

Is the ride going to be that riders are exported overseas in cargo boxes? That would be pretty terrifying.

WOOT! Finally back on topic! :D

For some reason, the shipping containers look very post-apocalyptic to me. Perhaps I'm just so used to seeing them in Merlin parks that the thought's stuck with me, but I don't know. lol :p

All that's going to be left after the Apocalypse are cockroaches, Cher and shipping containers.

This also ISN'T actually themed to an Apocalypse.

And that just looks awful, but, I'm going to take a stab at saying that's just the show building and it won't look like that from the guest point of view.

(hopefullly)

(maybe)

(if it wasn't a Merlin park it'd be certain)

Ohhhhhh enthusiasts...

Every single park in the world uses that EXACT type of building to house their dark rides... Disney do it, Universal do it...

The only difference is they hide theirs... Wait and see if that's going to happen with this...

Martyn B said:
A bit off topic, but I love the new look for the fast food place in X-Sector:

95708980.png

32849042.png

25557484.png

I really like the last photo, but the graphics on the walls in the first two photos are vile and tacky, blergh =/

And yeah, with regards to the shipping containers, has anyone ever seen the building for Duel?! It's pretty much a giant corrugated iron shed. So yeah, I think (hope) it'll be themed.

I like the photos for the new food place:
1) Don't look down, because you might see some flob or half-eaten food or some sick on the floor due to chavs. It might put you off your food.
2) I thought enterprise has gone bye bye. Perhaps someone should have told the art designers because they made that blueprint.

scw55 said:
2) I thought enterprise has gone bye bye. Perhaps someone should have told the art designers because they made that blueprint.

I was about to say that come 2013 that map will be outdated.

The blueprint has Energizer on it... Maybe Towers are just useless at life?

Or maybe Enterprise is (as Towers have stated) SBNO for 2012 only?

I was about to say that come 2013 that map will be outdated.

It's not a map though it's blue prints of the ride from when it was conceived. I think it's pretty cool, along with the other Oblivion stuff, kinda like a mini museum.

It's similar to what they did in the Fish & Chips place in the forbidden valley, where they have the entire backstory of Nemesis on the wall.

That's awesome!

2013 ride is blates going to tie in with Oblivion, just as this ties in with Nemesis.

Air related attraction for 2014?