What's new

Nagashima Spa Land | Hakugei | RMC I-Box Conversion of White Cyclone

Hutch

Strata Poster
Honestly, a few months ago I didn't expect this to open until late spring/early summer. Even now, end of March seems a bit early. Didn't they just finish installing the track like a few weeks ago?

Hutch

Strata Poster
It's just such a beautiful ride. <3

I'm not a huge fan of that middle portion with the two turns (in between the stall and zero g). Hard to tell if anything's gonna be going on there.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
This thing just looks great. Can't wait for a proper POV.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
It's just such a beautiful ride. <3

I'm not a huge fan of that middle portion with the two turns (in between the stall and zero g). Hard to tell if anything's gonna be going on there.
But one of these turns looks like a sort of Waveturn, similar to Outlaw Run's, if that makes sense.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Another video has popped up (shot by the same guy who caught the night run footage), again from the Ferris Wheel perspective:

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I'm still interested to see a POV as we lose a lot of sight line of the second half of the ride. It looks like it starts to slow down, but still keen on how those inner-support elements play out.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I think from the stall to the zero g will be the surprisingly best part of the ride. That turnaround reminds me a lot of Twisted Cyclone, and that's only a good thing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I guess, it's just we haven't seen an RMC IBox built before with 3 trains that doesn't have a mid-course/second lift.
This isn't unheard of though. I can think of Tatsu and Mystic Timbers off the top of my head that utilize three trains without a midcourse brake run. It isn't a flip a switch design decision since it pertains to a lot of ride length (physical and duration) nuances.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
There's just not enough trance/dubstep in POVs anymore. :p

Definitely doesn't look as off-the-chain as other RMCs, but it looks like it flows pretty well. I reckon it'll be a damn good ride, but probably not up there with the biggest and best. I'd be interested to see how those longer hills end up feeling - looks like flojector territory to me!

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Trying to avoid the Steel Vengeance comparisons...

It looks to be a hell of a ride! It has a pretty good flow and it'll surely have some good intensity. I can see exactly where @Snoo's, @tomahawk's, and my legs will get crushed with airtime next summer :p

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
If I didn't know this was on RMC, I'd think it was a Golden Horse knock-off. The lift hill, the catwalks, and some of the transitions look very in RMC-like to me. Doesn't look like one of the better ones either.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
If I didn't know this was on RMC, I'd think it was a Golden Horse knock-off. The lift hill, the catwalks, and some of the transitions look very in RMC-like to me. Doesn't look like one of the better ones either.

It all looks very RMC to me. And Japan have always had a weird thing with catwalks, there must be H&S based.

I think I need to see a better filmed video, it was like it was trying to stabilise itself and gave it abit of a weird feel. The layout is stella though! and those zero-g rolls look like they flow beautifully. Think it needs to break in a little more, the rails arn't even worn down yet! it's like they've bearly run it.