What's new

Music Recommendations

The Claw

Hyper Poster
Well, after quickly browsing through the last few pages of this topic I didn't see anyone recommend (and I apologise if anyone already did) The Prodigy's Invaders Must Die or The BPA's We're Gonna Need A Bigger Boat which are both fantastic albums.

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
The Prodigy always make fantastic albums ^

I always thought they were a bit of a "meh" band until recently and was pretty bored during their set opening for Slayer back in October but the new Mastadon album is absoloutley fantastic. It is very progressive. I only gave it a listen because it is getting rave reviews. but dig this for a concept album. It is messed up.

"There is a paraplegic and the only way that he can go anywhere is if he astral travels. He goes out of his body, into outer space and a bit like Icarus, he goes too close to the sun, burning off the golden umbilical cord that is attached to his solar plexus. So he is in outer space and he is lost, he gets sucked into a wormhole, he ends up in the spirit realm and he talks to spirits telling them that he is not really dead. So they send him to the Russian cult, they use him in a divination and they find out his problem. They decide they are going to help him. They put his soul inside Rasputin's body. Rasputin goes to usurp the czar and he is murdered. The two souls fly out of Rasputin's body through the crack in the sky(e) and Rasputin is the wise man that is trying to lead the child home to his body because his parents have discovered him by now and think that he is dead. Rasputin needs to get him back into his body before it's too late. But they end up running into the Devil along the way and the Devil tries to steal their souls and bring them down…there are some obstacles along the way."

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Yeah Yeah Yeahs' new album It's Blitz! is amazin', go buy it =D

yeah-yeah-yeahs-its-blitz.jpg

Lewis

Hyper Poster
After hearing it last night I've fallen in love with this song, it's just amazing.

The Enemy - No Time For Tears

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InivXpsIGwg[/youtube]

robbeal

Hyper Poster
I've got to be honest, I couldn't give a **** about what The King Blues' music stands for, and what their political stance is, its just sounds cool to me, and that is all i'm honestly looking for in music.

By rights it should be shameful, but I genuinely really love Calvin Harris' new track!

big john

Mega Poster
Rob again your the man i didnt know calvin had a new track i love his stuff iv seen him live 3 times hes awsom and the new one is superb also the tiesto remix is just so much win its beyond godd lol

Pierre

Strata Poster
Dizzee Rascals new tune is ****ing BONKERS

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0N5sfw94jQ[/youtube]

Almost

Hyper Poster
Neutral Milk Hotel
The National
Built to Spill
Camera Obscura
Animal Collective
Nick Drake
Iron & Wine
Fleet Foxes
Cut Copy

Seriously anything on that list is probably miles ahead of what you're listening to.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
^So if i'm listening to half that list, then what? Especially since i've had some Cut Copy for about 4 years.

Further to my post a few weeks back, there's a video for the Vlad the Impaler by Kasabian. It features Noel Fielding too, if that makes people watch it more.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM5YDI7ttME[/youtube]

Even better than that too, the OFFICIAL new single of theirs (seeing as they've decided Vlad the Impaler isn't, its just a bit of a promo) is called Fire, and its so much more ****ing cool than Vlad.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wd0Y1Sko7hA[/youtube]

Further to that as well, The Gossip have got a new song out. No matter how sick we all are of Standing in the Way of Control, and how sick we are of Beth Ditto taking her clothes off, just because she's horribly fat, this new song is awesome.

The Gossip - Heavy Cross
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZtFJQEdswo[/youtube]

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
Almost said:
Neutral Milk Hotel
The National
Built to Spill
Camera Obscura
Animal Collective
Nick Drake
Iron & Wine
Fleet Foxes
Cut Copy

Seriously anything on that list is probably miles ahead of what you're listening to.

Stop being such a snob. For your information I am quite familiar with Nick Drake.

tks

Strata Poster
Not sure if bob_3_ has posted this yet..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTDafjfxu5c[/youtube]

Absolute summer choon right here.

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
Gallows - Grey Britain

This is absoloutley fantastic. Easily the best album of the year in my opinion. The lyrics are 100% true and the delivery of those vocals is the most passionate thing I have heard in a while. It is a very uncomfortable listen but those things need to be said. Give it a listen and read the lyrics as you do.

Mastadon - Crack The Skye

I can't stop playing this album. I previously thought they were a rather dull band but this album never ceases to amaze me in how weird it sounds. It isn't a metal album by any means, more of a progressive art rock deal. The concept beind the music is a total mind warp as well. There are only 7 tracks but with some of them being 13 minutes long it is worth it. The most accesible song on the album is probably Oblivion. Give it a play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZkMEm6E96Y

Frank Turner - Love, Ire and Song

Brilliant. An album of witty, accoustic songs with a tinge of folk and punk. It is a really feel good record that I recommend to anyone. Why he isn't huge is a mystery to me.

The King Blues - Save The World, Get The Girl

This is fantastic and has fast become one my all time favourtie albums. The songs are just so easy to relate too and have a fantastic sing along quality to them. It is essentially punk stripped down to the bare attitude but done with reggae and ska and most importantly of course...ukalele's

Almost

Hyper Poster
danielfitzgerald99 said:
Almost said:
Neutral Milk Hotel
The National
Built to Spill
Camera Obscura
Animal Collective
Nick Drake
Iron & Wine
Fleet Foxes
Cut Copy

Stop being such a snob. For your information I am quite familiar with Nick Drake.

Your music taste sucks. Get over it.

robbeal said:
^So if i'm listening to half that list, then what? Especially since i've had some Cut Copy for about 4 years.

You've always had a good music taste. I'm sure you're listening to good stuff.

Lewis

Hyper Poster
^ Wow.. I've never known someone go from a complete asshole to a complete kissass in one post :|

Anyhoo.. I bought The Enemy's new album Music For The People last week, needless to say, it's very good and has progressed from their last album but it just doesn't quite live up to it, I mean I really like the direction their going in, but it's a complete tangent from where they've come from (well Coventry :lol:).

4/5 (the album cover is awesome too!)

Lain

Giga Poster
Almost said:
danielfitzgerald99 said:
Almost said:
Neutral Milk Hotel
The National
Built to Spill
Camera Obscura
Animal Collective
Nick Drake
Iron & Wine
Fleet Foxes
Cut Copy

Your music taste sucks. Get over it.

Yeah man. People who listen to bands that people have actually heard of are sooooo lame.

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
Gorjira's drummer is pretty damn amazing.

Anyway I have recently been listening to Johnny Cash, The Smiths and my old favourite The Cure. I zoned out and listened to Disintergration in it's entirety last night. Awesome.