What's new

Music Recommendations

A

Anonymous

A Perfect Circle and Tool. Unfortunately, I haven't heard as much APC as I have Tool, so I can only recommend Tool songs. Here's a few:

- The Pot
- Lateralus
- Eulogy
- Stinkfist
- Sober
- Prison Sex
- Schism
- Parabola
- Vicarious

etc etc.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Lain said:
ELP_-_Brain_Salad_Surgery.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain_Salad_Surgery

Legendary.

LOL!

I bought this on the strength of the cover (look away NOW Ian)

DebbieHarry-KooKoo.jpg

Dreadful album, so it always put me off buying the E,L&P album thinknig I'm being fooled by love for H.R. Giger. One of my odd psychological failings - we all have them :D

Aerith

Mega Poster
furie said:
peep said:
I heard they were re-releasing it (re. Nightmare revisited review). I got a special edition last year so I'm happy with that, I think the only difference is mine is 2 discs (sounds like your copy Furie) but with a 3D type cover (which I am led to believe is rare).

That's the one I got :) Can't be that rare, as I got it in August this year off Amazon for a fiver :p

The biggest problem I have is that the original is so good, you need to really work the songs differently to make them worth listening to. Too many covers of "This is Halloween" which only works if you're doing all the parts.

Yes the original songs are very good indeed, i would have to say that marilyn manson and amy lee did the songs which they performed alot of justice =]

To behonest i was very unhappy with Korn's version of kidnap mr sandy claus, i was not amused. :cry:

Slash

Giga Poster
If you guys haven't already, go out and buy the new GNR CD "Chinese Democracy". It is immense, it has a new style to it, it might no be classic GNR but it's great. I find the solos weird, how they go out of tune. Bring back Slash's melodic solos! But apart from that, epic album. Should be bought by you... Yes YOU!

Ollie

CF Legend
I'm starting to really like Weezer now. Never really listened to them. But listening to their Red Album right now and it's pretty good. :)
Also downloaded In Silico by Pendulum today. They're still my favourite band and this is a collection of some of their new songs as well as some of the best ones they have done.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Ollie said:
Also downloaded In Silico by Pendulum today. They're still my favourite band and this is a collection of some of their new songs as well as some of the best ones they have done.

Pendulum = AMAZING! Was lucky enough to see them live in the summer :D

Richie

Hyper Poster
^ I've seen them twice and I think they're pretty crap to be honest. They are like the McFly of drum and bass. If that makes sense.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Richie said:
^ I've seen them twice and I think they're pretty crap to be honest. They are like the McFly of drum and bass. If that makes sense.

:eek: They were great when I saw them at Projekt Revolution.

Martyn

Giga Poster
Richie said:

CORRECT!

Pendulum are rubbish. All their songs are the same pop tripe.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I've just been listening to Imperial Leisure. Their album The Art of Saying Nothing is great.

The songs Untouchable, Man on the Street and The Landlord's Daughter are the best three but the others are pretty good too.

This is Man on the Street
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQXG6X5xRf0[/youtube]
Turn it up really loud, it sounds great.

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
Aerith said:
furie said:
peep said:
I heard they were re-releasing it (re. Nightmare revisited review). I got a special edition last year so I'm happy with that, I think the only difference is mine is 2 discs (sounds like your copy Furie) but with a 3D type cover (which I am led to believe is rare).

That's the one I got :) Can't be that rare, as I got it in August this year off Amazon for a fiver :p

The biggest problem I have is that the original is so good, you need to really work the songs differently to make them worth listening to. Too many covers of "This is Halloween" which only works if you're doing all the parts.

Yes the original songs are very good indeed, i would have to say that marilyn manson and amy lee did the songs which they performed alot of justice =]

To behonest i was very unhappy with Korn's version of kidnap mr sandy claus, i was not amused. :cry:

I wasn't sure about that either. It seemed a bit poppy compared to their usual stuff.

I love Flyleaf's song on there though http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Hyi7ACjpFQY

Ben

CF Legend
I got Britney Spears - Circus at last...

I'm not that impressed, if I'm honest. It hasn't wowed me yet, but I will repeat listen, obviously.

If U Seek Amy is still an amazing song, however.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Just finished listening to the whole of Pendulum's current album In Silico and I'm reasonably pleased with it.

Now, for those who don't know Pendulum, they are a drum and bass band. Don't let that put you off though, they have a certain edge that other D+B bands don't have. They have the 'Dance' edge to them, which is hard to get in D+B. Think The Prodigy and your about there.

So, on to the album. 10 songs. Propane Nightmares is simply amazing, and the best song on the album by far. The Other Side is also very good. One I may use on my next RCT3 or No Limits video :p The other songs are OK, with some which seem to go on for too long and take a while to get into. Good nonetheless. Hold Your Colour, I have to admit is better.

So overall, a good album, and if you go to HMV now you can snap it up along with another album on offer fo a tenner :D

7.5/10

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Double post, but oh well :p

Finished listening to Noah & The Whale's album Peaceful, The World Lays Me down.

Firstly, a bit of background on the band. N&TW are a folk/pop band who are recently new on the block, but have been making music for a while.

I'm not usually one for folk music (Except for a local band Togmor who are great :D) but I was drawn to this album after loving one of their singles, Five Years Time back in the summer. So, I picked this up and listened to it intentively.

At first, I was not sure if I liked it or not. It's soppy, romantic and dreamy and quite folky. Not really my type, so I was left a bit bitter, but as the album is so short (It took about 30 mins to listen to it all) I put it on again. And it grew on me...slightly. I liked some of the songs lyrically, and others rhythmically, but only one other than Five Years Time worked: Mary.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great album, but somehow I feel it's not grabbed me as I had hoped. Perhaps me buying this was an older, more mature part of me reaching out. Therefore, I'm going to keep it, and it may just be great in Five Years Time :p

6/10 (And it may grow in time)

Lewis

Hyper Poster
ciallkennett said:
Just finished listening to the whole of Pendulum's current album In Silico and I'm reasonably pleased with it.

Now, for those who don't know Pendulum, they are a drum and bass band. Don't let that put you off though, they have a certain edge that other D+B bands don't have. They have the 'Dance' edge to them, which is hard to get in D+B. Think The Prodigy and your about there.

So, on to the album. 10 songs. Propane Nightmares is simply amazing, and the best song on the album by far. The Other Side is also very good. One I may use on my next RCT3 or No Limits video :p The other songs are OK, with some which seem to go on for too long and take a while to get into. Good nonetheless. Hold Your Colour, I have to admit is better.

So overall, a good album, and if you go to HMV now you can snap it up along with another album on offer fo a tenner :D

7.5/10

As much as I love Pendulum, In Silico is too mainstream compared to Hold Your Colour, that's probably why more people like it.

Another song off the album worth listening to is The Tempest, I love it!

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Lewis said:
As much as I love Pendulum, In Silico is too mainstream compared to Hold Your Colour, that's probably why more people like it.

Totally Agree. I did buy HYC last year but seem to have lost it :? Need to get a replacement :p

Lewis said:
Another song off the album worth listening to is The Tempest, I love it!

It's one of the best on the album :D

scotlandrulz

Roller Poster
^I've seen Pendulum live recently, and I must say they were UNBELEIVEABLE :shock:

The atmosphere was incredible, and the bass was ooooh so good!

If you ever get a chance to see them I advise that you take it lol.

Anyways...Been listening to some Chinese Democracy and there are a good few songs, especially This I Love...it's not your usual GnR as it heavily involves a piano! :--D

Johnny

Hyper Poster
"Freedom" by Akon.
6536422m.jpg

Just listened to this recently, and I'm pleasantly surprised. Konvicted was a let-down, so I wasn't expecting this to be better, but it is!

There are some really good tracks like Right Now, Beautiful, Holla Holla, I'm So Paid, Birthmark and Be With You. The rest aren't amazing, but still listenable.

7/10.

Untitled album by Nas.
5980585m.jpg

I was told this was rubbish, but I just listened to this also, and it's really good. As for the name, it isn't actually called "Untitled", but that it literally has no name.

Best tracks - Hero, Breathe, N.I.*.*.E.R., America, Make the World Go Round. The others are pretty good too.

8/10.