What's new

Music Recommendations

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
I've just become a fan of The Gaslight Anthem.

I'm not into the indie scene at all, and this is so much softer than what I'm used to, but for some reason I just can't get enough of it! They describe themeslevs as soul/punk/blues. I suppose the only way of knowing what they truely are is by giving them a blast!

peep

CF Legend
Britney Spears - Circus

Its an ok album, some great tracks on there. Obv Womanizer is like the best track on there but If U seek Amy and Mannequin are quite cool too.

Mark

Strata Poster
peep said:
Britney Spears - Circus

Its an ok album, some great tracks on there. Obv Womanizer is like the best track on there but If U seek Amy and Mannequin are quite cool too.

Personally I think Circus is wayyyyy better. I love the album, but i've always loved electro style stuff anyways.

Great album.

A

Anonymous

bezzzzzer said:
I've just become a fan of The Gaslight Anthem.

I'm not into the indie scene at all, and this is so much softer than what I'm used to, but for some reason I just can't get enough of it! They describe themeslevs as soul/punk/blues. I suppose the only way of knowing what they truely are is by giving them a blast!

I saw them live in Virginia Beach. They have a really great sound, and they are very good live. I love them.

As far as recommendations go...Polar Bear Club is a group of guys I think you check out if you're looking for a powerful punk rock sound.

Mit deLuxe

Hyper Poster
Britney Spears- Circus
A great album, not so good as Blackout but still a must buy!
The best songs are.....
Circus
Out From Under
Kill The lights
Ah **** it, all the songs are great! However they have put Radar on this album which was on Blackout and it sounds exactly the same! hmmm

Blaze

Hyper Poster
I love Coldplay, easily my favourite band, but worried about them right now, Viva La Vida and Prospekts March are not Coldplay, VLV is fantastic, don't know about PM yet, but they just arn't Coldplay. They are a completly different style, They are more Keane (BTW well don on Spiralling-deserved best single 2008 award) style than CP style.
Viva La Vida is my favourite song by CP, but not my favourite CP song, if you get what I mean.
And Lost+ ft Jay-Z. Oh dear, Chris Martin, I don't care about your obsesion with hip-hop, CP are not a hip-hop band, and you are going to ruin the world biggest (official) and best (oppinion) band in the world right now.
Bring back songs like Clocks (my fave CP style CP song)
Beautiful)

But doesn't mean I dont like VLV(album)-Violet hill and VLV (song) are amazing

peep

CF Legend
Coldplay are so lame its silly. Not a fan.

I am currently listening to the ok go album 'Oh no'. Its so good, I think its currently on its third repeat this evening :p

Last weekend I saw a beatboxer type peep performing on Carnaby Street in London. He was ace, really amazing live, got crowd going etc. Anyways his mate was selling a CD with a few tracks he made. It is amazing, the best £5 I have spent this year.

Ben

CF Legend
I'm gonna make some enemies for saying this, but HOLY CRAP... Miley Cyrus is actually... GOOD.

I've never heard her before, but 7 Things... I LOVE IT. It's like a good version of Avril...

And my Britney album STILL is not here. Someone at the post office is going to die.

Jer

Strata Poster
Because between the britney suggestions there has to be something we haven't heard before

90486.jpg

See this? This is Hellfire by 1349. I don't know exactly what to make of this album. It blows me away in both a good and confusing way. THe songs are intense and energetic, but at the same time I can help but sit back and think, what the hell am I listening to? It can bescribed as Genghis Tron - the keyboards + another guitar + Bass. The guys voice is brilliant, and it's easier to listen to than msot other black metal albums (maybe thats why I like it). So in the sea of brtiney if you looking to try something a bit (JUST a bit XD) diffrent, don't hesitate to download this, or give it a quick listen.

Aerith

Mega Poster
Im a huge Jack skellington fan! and i do say this new album is worth buying =]!

Nightmare Revisited!

888367_CD_L_F.JPG

No. Title Artist
1 Overture - Devotchka
2 Opening - Danny Elfman
3 This Is Halloween - Marilyn Manson
4 Jack's Lament
5 Doctor Finkelstein/In The Forest Amiina
6 What's This
7 Town Meeting Song
8 Jack And Sally Montage
9 Jack's Obsession
10 Kidnap The Sandy Claws
11 Making Christmas
12 Nabbed
13 Oogie Boogie's Song - Rodrigo Y Gabriela
14 Sally's Song - Amy Lee
15 Christmas Eve - Montage RJD2
16 Poor Jack
17 To The Rescue
18 Finale/Reprise
19 Closing - Danny Elfman
20 End Title

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I goy the official soundtrack for my birthday. It came with a second CD of cover versions. Some are great, others not so great :lol:

peep

CF Legend
I heard they were re-releasing it (re. Nightmare revisited review). I got a special edition last year so I'm happy with that, I think the only difference is mine is 2 discs (sounds like your copy Furie) but with a 3D type cover (which I am led to believe is rare).

Aerith

Mega Poster
furie said:
I goy the official soundtrack for my birthday. It came with a second CD of cover versions. Some are great, others not so great :lol:

The cover of this is halloween and sally's song were amazing ( Amy Lee FTW!)

however flyleafs version of whas this. . . . . . omg bd to the extreme i was so angry i could have cried about it!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
peep said:
I heard they were re-releasing it (re. Nightmare revisited review). I got a special edition last year so I'm happy with that, I think the only difference is mine is 2 discs (sounds like your copy Furie) but with a 3D type cover (which I am led to believe is rare).

That's the one I got :) Can't be that rare, as I got it in August this year off Amazon for a fiver :p

The biggest problem I have is that the original is so good, you need to really work the songs differently to make them worth listening to. Too many covers of "This is Halloween" which only works if you're doing all the parts.

peep

CF Legend
^Lol, fine then.

I got the latest Hed Kandi yesterday. Not listened to much of it yet but there are some excellent remixes on it.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
Oooh, there's a Rodrigo y Gabriela track on the Nightmare album, i'm intrigued!

I don't recall at any point seeing MGMT getting a mention in this topic, so its about time they did!

Basically they're two blokes from New York who make very psychadelic, very poppy electronic music. If you've not heard one of the singles, then you've probably been living under a rock, because all three singles have received a large amount of airplay. Its proper party music, really catchy, and just a departure from most music around at the moment. Every single song on their 2nd album 'Oracular Spectacular' is very listenable, and wouldn't be out of place in most of the nation's clubs. There's nothing that springs to mind as a decent comparison, but if you like a bit of psychadelia, give it a try.

Electric Feel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtUI5MC9tVM

Time to Pretend
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnXRfhIDLtA

Johnny

Hyper Poster
0x0_667325.jpg

Release Therapy by Ludacris

Yeah, he's just released a more recent album, but this only came out in 2006. Just listened to pretty much all of it, and it's a great listen. End of the Night is amazing, as is Tell It Like It Is, Money Maker and Mouths to Feed, and others are quite good too.