What's new

Most Obscure Coaster you've ridden

Peet

Giga Poster
I made a brave effort to bag a seriously obscure cred yesterday - Montanha da Leba at Parque Ulengo in Angola (1 rider on coaster count). Unfortunately the whole park was closed; from what we could gather it only opens for special occasions and pre-booked large groups at the moment. Hopefully it will return to normal operations at some point.
View attachment 3848
The cred looks to me like a Beijing Shibaolai Amusement Equipment "Single loop double spiral" coaster, although rcdb doesn't list a manufacturer.
I expect I'll be back in Angola soon enough (it's work not pleasure!) to try again.
Got it!

thepoweroften

Roller Poster
Probably Cliffhanger at Blackgang Chine. Only rode it once or twice on a school trip about ten years ago. Ironically I now live about 30 minutes away from the park on but haven't been back, although I did pass it on the bus the other day. They've repainted it a sort of rust-brown colour. I miss the horrible shade of green it used to be.

On an extreme technicality it's probably not as rare as some random mine-train-y kiddie creds on the UK travelling circuit, but I don't remember what those were called or even consider them part of my count really, lol.

EDIT: Never mind, boredom prevailed and I found the travelling mine train on CC as you do. John Woodward's Wild West Mine Train. Good times.

Last edited:

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Got it!
I think it’s safe to say that just about everyone here has ridden that one but we just didn’t bother to check it on coaster-count as it’s too obvious.

cocoa

Mega Poster
According to coaster-count, my most rare coaster is the (older, now gone) rakevet harim at luna park in tel aviv, israel, with 3-5 riders, which was some pinfari model. I've also got the anaconda and kumba credits in israel, which seem a bit rare too.

I've also got the old go-gater from loudon castle in scotland from when I was five, although I don't usually count powered coasters. I actually miss that park- m&d's has nothing on it.

I did some wandering around Shenzen last time I was there, so I also have one of those city-park credits: outer space flying car. I found a couple parks when I was there but only one with an operating coaster unfortunately.

Other than that, the chimelong ocean kingdom rides seem to have relatively low ridership.

Nothing like angola though! Although when I was in sri lanka, my bus passed a couple unknown kiddy coaster creds but I never went back to check them out (could have been exciting) but I'm not enough of a goon I guess.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I guess I could update this now. Last time I had this:
If we take rare to mean "ridden by fewest number of people" I'm the only person registered with CoasterCount to have ridden Dragon Coaster in Kathmandu.
lL84J9m.png

Some proof, for what it's worth:
KgSUJ8m.jpg

Ggh2QtB.jpg

Looking beardy after a few weeks in the mountains, too!
NdnR4WG.jpg

Got a couple of others in the 20 riders or fewer according to CoasterCount:

Loop Coaster - SkyRanch Pampanga - 5 riders
Dream Coaster - SkyRanch Pampanga - 5 riders
Star Flyer - Star City Manila - 13 riders
Jungle Coaster - Chakazoolu Indoor Theme Park - 10 riders (I'm surprised by this, thought this was super basic by now!)
Jungle Trailblazer - Oriental Heritage Wuhu - 14 riders (again, surprised by this...)
Wacky Worm - Star City Manila - 13 riders
Dragon Express - Star City Manila - 13 riders
Four other buggers have been to Kathmandu now, so that's gone from the top of the list. But, mercifully, I've got to another one now.
8yVSlEj.png

AUKwirH.png

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Four other buggers have been to Kathmandu now
I know the feeling. Since I last posted in this thread I've now lost rare points despite gaining 370 creds.
Nothing is sacred any more.

48822223961_da25e32b90.jpg

Funnily enough my rarest now is the one I just discovered/added myself...

Ben

CF Legend
I know we were like, the second riders on Corgi Dog at Fantawild Wuhu earlier in the year, so that must be up there!

For major coasters I feel like Heaven’s Wing at HB World is fairly obscure? The most obscure coaster people actually give a **** about is probably Soaring With Dragon?