What's new

Most Obscure Coaster you've ridden

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
I just went to check and because the coaster was moved to Blue Bayou Dixie Landin' in Baton Rouge where it's had 97 further riders, I now get zero rare points.
I got it at BB/DL <3 slowest boomerang lift...EVER.

Although Pteranodon Flyers is a pretty spiteful cred, it’s still at a very major, highly visited park and enough people will have been with kids and/or been a lucky bastard, so that won’t be rare..
Got that coaster back in 2000, before I lived across the street from it, and then again a few years ago when they started letting "anyone ride after 8pm" something that lasted all of a week <3

The Fun Spots (even Kissimmee) are still not obscure enough, because they’re still in the very popular general Orlando area of Florida. The only rare cred I have in Florida (1 point) is way up in Jacksonville, so quite out of the way of anything interesting really
That stupid JAX Worm took me two visits to catch it open. The first try was in 2008, while driving back to Boston from Orlando. It had rained earlier in the day so the coaster was closed... it hadn't rained in the few hours leading up to my stop... but they had a dumb rule about not running it if it was 'wet'. I got it a few years later when I went to visit the Jacksonville Zoo. And Fun Spot, while both in the middle of a tourist mecca, I feel still are somewhat 'off the beaten path' (even if I had been to both... multiple times prior to living here ((I can see the Orlando locations Sky Coaster from my pool!)) Just because they are here, doesn't mean everyone who comes here go to them. 192 maybe not so much, but Orlando is definitely more like a "locals" park, but thats not to say vacationers don't still go there as well.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
^ I also got that one this year, on the way to Dollywood. The final helix was surprisingly fast I thought, haha.

Fun Spot, while both in the middle of a tourist mecca, I feel still are somewhat 'off the beaten path' (even if I had been to both... multiple times prior to living here ((I can see the Orlando locations Sky Coaster from my pool!)) Just because they are here, doesn't mean everyone who comes here go to them. 192 maybe not so much, but Orlando is definitely more like a "locals" park, but thats not to say vacationers don't still go there as well.

Yeah, I’d agree Kissimmee is still out of the way a bit, and the Orlando one is obviously far from a major destination park, despite its more convenient location. I was just going by what Coaster Count determines as “rare” and postulating as to why that might be.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
I got 22 rare points altogether, most of 'em stem from being an old git and having creds that have been defunct since before most of you crazy kids were born. Drayton Manor's Python is my rarest cred - think that went in the 80's! When I first posted in this thread it was worth 6 points but it's only worth 5 now, so either we've got a bunch of time travellers on our hands or some people are just plain fibbing.
Few of the old Rhyl coasters earn me some points, and the 4 Man Bob from Alton Towers.
And you're gonna love this - me and Tom both picked up some rare points for getting the Python Pit kiddie cred in Kansas City this summer. @DelPiero - get the picture! :D

@Matt N - the spinner at Cannon Hill Park in Birmingham is currently worth 3 points, that might be an easy-ish one for you to pick up... but be quick before every goon in the Midlands nabs it.

Matt N

CF Legend
I got 22 rare points altogether, most of 'em stem from being an old git and having creds that have been defunct since before most of you crazy kids were born. Drayton Manor's Python is my rarest cred - think that went in the 80's! When I first posted in this thread it was worth 6 points but it's only worth 5 now, so either we've got a bunch of time travellers on our hands or some people are just plain fibbing.
Few of the old Rhyl coasters earn me some points, and the 4 Man Bob from Alton Towers.
And you're gonna love this - me and Tom both picked up some rare points for getting the Python Pit kiddie cred in Kansas City this summer. @DelPiero - get the picture! :D

@Matt N - the spinner at Cannon Hill Park in Birmingham is currently worth 3 points, that might be an easy-ish one for you to pick up... but be quick before every goon in the Midlands nabs it.
Thanks @Howie; although I'm not sure if my parents would want to take me there...

rideguy70

Mega Poster
Mine is the Bobsled coaster at Santa's Village in Lake Arrowhead, California. It was a kiddie coaster, and I probably rode it in the late 70's or so. Got 10 points for that one, the park closed in 1998. (It's reopen now-sort of--but it's more of an "adventure park" than the campy Santa's Villege it was back then. I mean, how can you not love a bumble bee monorail or Christmas Tree Ornament Dumbo-style ride?)

With 6 points I have the Mountain Express at SFMM (a Wildcat) and the Whizzer at Marriott's Great America. The Whizzer is Chicago is still going, but the one in CA closed many, many years ago. Even so, I'm a bit surprised more people haven't ridden those, especially the SFMM one, because, well, it's SFMM.

I have others, but the next most rare I'm proud of is Spellbreaker at Legoland, CA. While its wasn't much, it was very unique.

jayjay

Giga Poster
Mine are mostly from the south west cred run, with top rarity being the wacky worm at Animal Farm near Brean. Aside from those, there's one or two defunct things I picked up as a kid.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Picked up this last week in the middle of nowhere.
I was there last June on my way to Kings Island, when I found out Lightning Rod was actually up and running....so I left the park immediately and drove through the Smoky Mountains to get my redemption credit haha. (I had swapped Dolly for Santa since Rod had been reportedly down the two weeks prior to my road trip)

RLB500

Roller Poster
I think it'd be the Green Dragon Coaster in Greenwood Forest Park, haven't been for about 10 years but my family always went to North Wales around May for some reason. I'd presume it'd be my first custom coaster, but this is going off memory.
I do remember it Was pretty cool with the lift to get down.a Can't imagine many people have been that far for one cred, but the park was pretty nice and had some other stuff.

Other than that probably a few out of the way wacky worms, and the runaway timber train at Landmark. That was NOT a good day :rolleyes:

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Currently 3 rare points for this bad boy;

yQsRcpml.jpg

My best still only has 2 riders, a random Dragon cred in Turkey. 10 points right there.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Mine is the Bobsled coaster at Santa's Village in Lake Arrowhead, California. It was a kiddie coaster, and I probably rode it in the late 70's or so. Got 10 points for that one, the park closed in 1998. (It's reopen now-sort of--but it's more of an "adventure park" than the campy Santa's Villege it was back then. I mean, how can you not love a bumble bee monorail or Christmas Tree Ornament Dumbo-style ride?)

With 6 points I have the Mountain Express at SFMM (a Wildcat) and the Whizzer at Marriott's Great America. The Whizzer is Chicago is still going, but the one in CA closed many, many years ago. Even so, I'm a bit surprised more people haven't ridden those, especially the SFMM one, because, well, it's SFMM.

I have others, but the next most rare I'm proud of is Spellbreaker at Legoland, CA. While its wasn't much, it was very unique.
Jesus, I probably rode that Arrowhead coaster!! But I can’t be sure, so no check.

Mountain Express, on the other hand, was an absolutely beloved coaster of mine. We kids used to marathon it until closing.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
Anyone else here ridden this cheeky little thing on the UK travelling circuit? ;)

42603809590_a55ac576c7_k_d.jpg

43504461185_3b029ff21a_k_d.jpg

I saw it for the first time in Milton Keynes where it was all closed off, but then I found it open in Northampton. I took a journey deep inside my soul but eventually decided to count it XD

(It’s called Apple Ride.... showman: AJ Simons)

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I picked up a few rare travelling creds in Italy last week, this is the rarest apparently and wasn't as bad as your usual spinner and had a bit of airtime in the cat's mouth.
Yes, you read that right.

6601.jpg

TilenB

Strata Poster
I picked up a few rare travelling creds in Italy last week, this is the rarest apparently and wasn't as bad as your usual spinner and had a bit of airtime in the cat's mouth.
Yes, you read that right.

6601.jpg
Sorry for being a bit nosy and checking your coaster-count site, but I don't think you've ticked off the correct Grand Canyon coaster on coaster-count, considering that this one is still supposed to be in Bibione. You've very likely found a coaster that isn't even on coaster-count yet, surely that must qualify as the rarest?

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
upload_2018-9-4_13-20-0.png

Quite proud of my current Coaster Count rare selection, especially lucky on that 10 pointer as is currently at the Maryland State fair so assumed numerous people would have it.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Sorry for being a bit nosy and checking your coaster-count site, but I don't think you've ticked off the correct Grand Canyon coaster on coaster-count, considering that this one is still supposed to be in Bibione. You've very likely found a coaster that isn't even on coaster-count yet, surely that must qualify as the rarest?
giphy.gif

I'll remove that one and do what exactly? :confused:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
You're no fun.

That truly is an excellent collection of rare coasters, good work!