What's new

Mopping up UK credits- Great Yarmouth, PWH, Oakwood, Brean, West Midlands and more

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
Well, I suppose I should wrap this up with the final part of the trip report. With West Midland Safari Park in the rear-view mirror, it was time to pick up our final cred in nearby Stourport-on-Severn. After finding a nearby street on which to park, and wandering down to the park, located right next to the River Severn and Stourport basin, we made our way inside in search of rides.

Treasure Island has a single coaster (a super dragon), plus a few flats that looked like they could be interesting. Unfortunately, things weren’t exactly going our way. The coaster initially had no ride op in site, but fortunately it turned out that he was just taking a break, and once he returned, we were all able to get our +1.

We weren’t as successful on the flat ride front. If you’ve been following the report, you’ll know that I’m a fan of KMG afterburners, and Treasure Island has a Freak Out, which is the more compact version with fewer seats. I was also intrigued by the possibility of riding a roundup, so that I could complete the set of the three “spin you in a circle whilst pinning you to the wall” rides. Unfortunately, the Freak Out wasn’t operating, and the roundup had been stripped out for maintenance. Annoyingly, I had a quick look at the park website to check a couple of things when writing this report, and it looks to have been refurbished, and is operating again now. Oh well, some other time, some other place, I guess.

All in all, it seemed like a weird place, packed with kids rides and strange, decorative junk in places, and yet with really smartly dressed, polite and talkative ride ops in others.

We’d been considering a sit-down meal somewhere after the final park visit of the weekend, but having stocked up mid-afternoon on surprisingly good food at WMSP, we really weren’t feeling up to another large sit-down meal, so instead agreed it was time for us to go our separate ways. Goodbyes were said, and the journeys home began.

So there you have it: Two awesome weekends, making up the high point of my 2020 park season! A big thanks once again to everyone who made those two trips so enjoyable and memorable. Here’s hoping that, once the 2021 season gets properly rolling, we can start to meet up safely again, and get some more awesome park trips under our belts!

Last edited: