What's new

Mitch Hawker's Polls (Steel Results - Page 7!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ollie

CF Legend
I don't think this poll is as reliable as it used to be. Every year the results seems to get worse with coasters that deserve to be in the top 10 down in the 70's.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Kyle keeps reminding me that had I ridden I305 when it opened, I may think differently of it... But I still find it hard to believe that it's 3rd place worthy. But then, EGF is far from 2nd place worthy.

Stil...

RotM in 73? :/

Just. What?

Do people forget about RotM cuz of where it is?

I'm going to look at the rider comparison thing and see wtf is going on.

Snoo

The Legend
LiveForTheLaunch said:
I305?!?!?!?!?!

WHAT?!

Crap results.

Remember.. we didn't ride it in it's prime. Honestly.. without those trims.. 305 would have been in my top 10.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Snoo said:
LiveForTheLaunch said:
I305?!?!?!?!?!

WHAT?!

Crap results.

Remember.. we didn't ride it in it's prime. Honestly.. without those trims.. 305 would have been in my top 10.
The only way I can describe how BAD that drop was when we rode it was... it felt powered. It felt like a down hill bit on a mack powered coaster. It didn't feel like it picked up speed, then hit trims, it felt a constant speed all the way down to me. So it's hard to imagine what it would be like without trims, because it didn't show any sign of what it was about to become before the trims grab it, like all other coasters I've ridden with trims do. Did you find the same?

Thing is as well, MF's first drop is the best bit of the ride, but it's still not that great. There is no sense of speed on coasters that tall, no passing scenery to compare to, and no rapid increase in speed to define force. Just a gradual build up.

The uncomfortability of I305's whiting out also makes me wonder if, had I ridden it before, I'd actually be less impressed with it. But I really like the ground hugging section of Intimidator, and it makes me wish they'd concentrated on that instead of all this tall bollocks.

Snoo

The Legend
Joey said:
Snoo said:
LiveForTheLaunch said:
I305?!?!?!?!?!

WHAT?!

Crap results.

The only way I can describe how BAD that drop was when we rode it was... it felt powered. It felt like a down hill bit on a mack powered coaster. It didn't feel like it picked up speed, then hit trims, it felt a constant speed all the way down to me. So it's hard to imagine what it would be like without trims, because it didn't show any sign of what it was about to become before the trims grab it, like all other coasters I've ridden with trims do. Did you find the same?

Thing is as well, MF's first drop is the best bit of the ride, but it's still not that great. There is no sense of speed on coasters that tall, no passing scenery to compare to, and no rapid increase in speed to define force. Just a gradual build up.

The uncomfortability of I305's whiting out also makes me wonder if, had I ridden it before, I'd actually be less impressed with it. But I really like the ground hugging section of Intimidator, and it makes me wish they'd concentrated on that instead of all this tall bollocks.

Agreed. Some trims catch for a little then let go.. 305 held the WHOLE drop.. and you didn't even get any pleasure out of it.

As far as for how it would feel.. having been on so many similar drops (MF, Toro, Mavvy kinda).. I could estimate how epic it would be.. but still not the exact feeling.. as you pointed out. The ground portion of the ride felt a lot like Maverick and.. had it actually been a COMPLETE ride.. as I noted.. it would have been Top 3.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I didn't vote this year (was away for the two weeks before the poll closed, so it was just crap timing really), so I'm not going to moan too much.

Except for the continuation of the absolute bull **** method of grouping coasters. The same complaints come out every year, and every year nothing changes.

Clones should be grouped together.

Coaster types with unique layouts should not.

The one that annoys me the most is the "favourite loopscrew". Why not just have "favourite B&M Invert" or "favourite B&M Hyper"? The loopscrew coasters have as much, arguably more actually, variety amongst them.

I know what the comeback will be: "It's because there's not enough space to list them separately blah blah blah".

Stick the clones together, and you've freed up space right there. I'm looking here, as others have mentioned, at the Megalites (IDENTICAL coasters). And how about the 3 Backlot Stunt Coasters? Why the actual hell are they listed separately. They are the exact same ride, even down to the theming!

Martyn B

CF Legend
Does seem very odd to list the likes of Fury, Spinball and Crush as clones...?

However, good to see so many European coasters in the top 10, though a bit surprising to see GeForce up there, dont really hear much of it nowadays, and I do hear is kinda bad!

nadroJ

CF Legend
^Yes, especially seeing as Dragon's Fury **** all over the other two, you might as well group Whirlwind at Camelot in with them as well!

leocruz

Roller Poster
Pipe Hangers

In development work or say while developing structures, it is very considerable that people should give more interest about pipe hangers to assist their pipe system maintaining it making it secure without allowing colliding with each other or with the walls. Well, if you look into this then you can recognize it that, the value of such improvements is necessary a lot, because if you do not consider it seriously then it can purpose certain injuries. Hence, you should take additional care to your pipe techniques and let these to have assistance from pipe hangers to keep everything elegant, and secure.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I've been saying that we NEED to pay more attention to pipe hangers for YEARS. Finally, someone agrees with me!

How many of us are guilty of not taking enough care with our pipe techniques? I know I am. For the love of God, use pipe hangers people!

Oh, and locked (at least until we all start showing more care and respect with our pipe hangers).

Status
Not open for further replies.