What's new

Mitch Hawker's Polls (Steel Results - Page 7!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
Wow. I mean it's my favorite ride, but I'm floored that I305 is that high. It had some pretty awful trims on the first drop for all but about 1 1/2 months last season, so assuming that most of these voters ended up riding it in that state, I can't believe they still rated it that high. It might deserve that praise the way it is now, after they re-worked the first curve and nixed the trims, but even I thought the trimmed version was too tame.

And Carowinds' Intimidator at 21? Not even close!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
iSpeed at 10?

Atlantis Adventure moves from 21 to 12, while losing 6 riders?

Millennium Force moves up from 10 to 7, while losing 66 riders?

These polls move in mysterious ways. :drinking:

andrus

Giga Poster
Yeah! My favourite ride is at place 75! :lol: And I still can't figure out why people fancy EGF?? A mediocre ride imo, but second best in the world according to the poll...

I do think it's nice though for a little park like Mirabilandia to have two coasters in the top 10 of the world! Really amazing!

marc

CF Legend
I am so happy that I305 did not win, I mean how can a coaster win that had trims added removed and then a track change.

Bit shocked Geforce is still up there, seems to be the seem top 2 year after year.

There is nothing really new this year that can knock them off the top 2 spots.

Good to see Megalites doing well :) see Alton you should have got one :)

peep

CF Legend
andrus said:
I do think it's nice though for a little park like Mirabilandia to have two coasters in the top 10 of the world! Really amazing!

Little park? The place is HUGE. However I'm surprised to see iSpeed on there. However why is Katun so low? Clearly should be number one. I've never really been a fan of these polls anyway (don't even take part) so I'm not too fussed but the results just look odd.

marc

CF Legend
I am not shocked as there were a number of coaster groups that went to Italy last year and iSpeed was very hight rated. The same happened with the Denmark parks the year before.

andrus

Giga Poster
peep said:
andrus said:

Little park? The place is HUGE. However I'm surprised to see iSpeed on there. However why is Katun so low? Clearly should be number one. I've never really been a fan of these polls anyway (don't even take part) so I'm not too fussed but the results just look odd.
Little in terms of visitors/popularuty. There are loads of more known parks in Europe like Europa Park, Alton Towers, Park Asterix, Port Aventura etc where reckon it would be more feasible two have two world class coasters! If you get what I mean? :p

Edit: Haha! I just scrolled through the poll and realized that Lisebergsbanan is ranked higher than Stealth (my number one), Oblivion and Fahrenheit (among others)!! :lol:

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I voted Lisebergbanana highly (I always do), but it was below Oblivion for me. Yeah, it was above Stealth and Fahrenheit though, a long way above them.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I forgot to vote, so I have no real right to comment, but I disagree with most of the results too.

What is Nemesis still doing in 5th? I thought people had realised that there is far better out there by now?

As for I305 in 3rd.

:/

What.

The.

I had NO idea opening year overeating was THAT bad. I had no idea that many people where.... dumb enough to vote things up so much in their first year. They will all look so stupid when that thing plummets next year. Thing is, I305 is overrated a lot because OMG ITS INTENSE. No one actually stops to wonder if they actually like that intensity or if it's really a good thing, because it's not. It's horrid. And I do not believe for one second that that many people genuinely enjoyed that experience. Especially on a hot day.

Maverick and Apollo's Chariot should be way way higher in my opinion.

And, and... Where the **** is Revenge of the Mummy FL? SEVENTY THREE? ARE YOU **** SERIOUS.

I genuinely hate everyone right now and hate myself for not voting. RotM is clearly the best steel in the world, or at least it should be in anyone's top 5.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Joey said:
RotM is clearly the best steel in the world, or at least it should be in anyone's top 5.

Quoted for truth...

Yeah I disagree... But then again that's what happens... There are so many trends in this poll over the years that I just stop caring about it...

Are Mega-Lites actually so good that there's two in the top 10 in the world with the exact same layout?

Besides the fact that Expedition GeForce and Millenium Force are both over-rated...

A

Anonymous

^ About the Mega-Lites then I can't understand why he haven't made a "Favorite Mega-Lite" of it that he have done for every other clone...

Not counting "Favorite Wooden" and Eagle Fortress (too few riders...) then my 3:rd entry is on the 127:th place :p ...

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Wouldn't have been that hard to write that now would it? ;)

Brookes

Giga Poster
Not sure how much I agree with this year's results. It's nice to see Nemesis high, but not sure how it's managing to go up in rankings. Intimidator 305 doesn't look that good to be third in my opinion, but I guess I can't really judge without riding it.

In comparison to my poll, would have thought X2 may have been a little higher as I loved it. But California Screamin' at #87 and Everest at #91 doesn't correlate with mine at all as I rate them quite highly.

Also seems Thirteen didn't do too well. :lol:

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
loefet said:
^ About the Mega-Lites then I can't understand why he haven't made a "Favorite Mega-Lite" of it that he have done for every other clone...

Not counting "Favorite Wooden" and Eagle Fortress (too few riders...) then my 3:rd entry is on the 127:th place :p ...
Exactly what I was wondering as well. Lump-summing the Mega-Lites would help free up more space, and allow for other coasters to have better representation.

marc

CF Legend
That is what really puts me off the poll, he has put coasters like Spinball and Fury in a group with clones and yet they are not, but Crush is a clone and that is not in a group.

I agree that the Mega-Lites should be grouped together.

nadroJ

CF Legend
I don't really get it, how it suddenly goes into groups half-way down the list? Whatever, one year I'll figure out this damn thing and vote.

And I thought more than 440 people would vote? The votes are skewed, definitely. Like we've argued before, you get this group mentality about certain rides. For instance of say, 300 of those voters were from CF then a coaster that CF rates highly would end up higher on the list than others that are arguably more deserving of a higher place on the list.

Group mentality and voting = why Black Mamba isn't as high up as it should be and why Bizarro remaining in the number 1 spot for, 6 years is it now? I've not ridden it but considering it barely gets a mention on these boards compared to the absolute worship the thing gets on other forums says a lot to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.