What's new

Millennium Force vs Steel Vengeance

Millennium Force vs Steel Vengeance?

• Total voters

ThemeParkHistorian

Roller Poster
which is the better coaster and more deserving of being the best coaster of Cedar Point. Which would be more likely to make in a top 10 rides in the world?? Based on all factors, thrill, queue, and overall experience. Which is the better ride?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I haven't been on Steel Vegence/Vegnance/Vagnece/Vagine, but it's that. Clearly it's that. Why even pretend it's open for discussion?

Howie

Donkey in a hat
^Steel Vagine :D :D
Yeah, obviously it's Steel Vengeance. You could put it up against anything and it would still win. It's the greatest coaster in the world. Fact.

PeteA

Roller Poster
If it was between Maverick and Steel Vengeance then I would probably have voted differently, but against Millennium Force, its SV. Although saying that, over two days I had more rides on Millennium and probably enjoyed it more.... For me, SV is good, but its not the best coaster at Cedar Point. :)

Pear

Strata Poster
If it was between Maverick and Steel Vengeance then I would probably have voted differently, but against Millennium Force, its SV. Although saying that, over two days I had more rides on Millennium and probably enjoyed it more.... For me, SV is good, but its not the best coaster at Cedar Point. :)

I don't understand how Maverick can even come close to SV but to each their own I guess

Snoo

The Legend

It's ok, we can't all be right. :p

PeteA

Roller Poster
It's ok, we can't all be right. :p

As you very well know in thinking how good Steel Vengeance is :p

I don't understand how Maverick can even come close to SV but to each their own I guess

In all seriousness, I just had less pain and more fun on Maverick than I did Steel Vengeance. SV is a great coaster, but when it gets to the point where the poorly designed restraints coupled with the insane amounts of Airtime are causing me physical pain, that then detracts from my enjoyment, making a potential world class ride only become a great ride. RMC in my opinion are just producing ejector for the sake of ejector and not actually thinking if the ride needs it or not. Sometimes less is more and therefore actually better. :)

Last edited:

Snoo

The Legend
In all seriousness, I just had less pain and more fun on Maverick than I did Steel Vengeance. SV is a great coaster, but when it gets to the point where the poorly designed restraints coupled with the insane amounts of Airtime are causing me physical pain, that then detracts from my enjoyment, making a potential world class ride only become a great ride. RMC in my opinion are just producing ejector for the sake of ejector and not actually thinking if the ride needs it or not. Sometimes less is more and therefore actually better. :)

No worries bud. I feel the same about SkyRush. Stand firm in your beliefs!.. no matter how wrong they may be. :p

codeman94

Mega Poster
I'll recuse myself from voting. I've only ridden Steel Vengeance twice. It maybe, just might be a better ride, but I think Millennium force is still my favorite.

Snoo

The Legend
I'll recuse myself from voting. I've only ridden Steel Vengeance twice. It maybe, just might be a better ride, but I think Millennium force is still my favorite.

See.. my thing about Millennium Force.. the drop is phenomenal.. stood the test of time and then some. The sense of speed is great too but.. it doesn't really do much else? The airtime ranges from decent to mediocre (cold/wet/windy). The forces are.. ok? Doesn't blow you away. It's far from the complete package so I never understand what people like about it so much to rank it higher then other rides.

I do know some fanboys who like it intensely (not pointing fingers.. even though you do have CP as your favorite), but I do know some well traveled vets who still love it as well with little to no explanation. I've always found the "well it blew me away the first time" argument as null as I've had plenty of rides that did that fall as more complete rides rose after the fact.

I do find it funny people love Millennium Force and hate on TTD yet they really are both.. kinda one trick ponies in a sense. It's hard to do alot once you go past 90+ but still.

I will note that, like some, I was once a major CP fanboy but once I started venturing farther from the sanctum of noses up butts, I found far superior and complete rides out there. It's a shame the ride and the park in general have many people who thumb their nose at the rest of the community as well as the ride and park are both a good time, just not the Jesus Christ saviors that many make it out to be.

/endrant.. sorry.. had that built up. :p

Pear

Strata Poster
Millennium Force is really fun but that's about it. It is in no way the best steel coaster on earth anymore and it's not even close to being the best giga coaster.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Even beyond the first drop and great speeds, Millennium Force has some solid elements that all come together to make it a really fun ride. Each airtime hill gets better than the last, finishing off with that awesome bunny hop by the station (which is honestly one of my favorite airtime hills ever). The bottom of the first drop and the overbank turn is actually quite forceful without being too much, and I even find the rest of the overbank turns to be pretty fun, probably thanks to the speeds. And of course the whole ride is very smooth. It all just kind of works for me which is why I still rank it high.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
I did both this season as a newbie to CP so everything was new. I enjoyed MF more. Yeah. lol. It just glides along and maintains it's speed for ages whereas Steve faffs around more, especially towards the end. Steve is still fab, they both are.

I feel like a lot of fanboys/girls who are local are bored of MF so will pick Steve, but with a fresh opinion on doing both on the same day for the first time I just enjoyed MF more. I quite liked that I was able to ride all the coasters new in one day so that I could compare them properly rather than give in to the hype for SV. I had already done twisted timbers before so knew what to expect with Steve. (My trip report explains it more, but yeah.) I'd rate Maverick and TTD above Steve too so make of what you will of that.

Last edited: