What's new

Millennium Force vs Steel Vengeance

Millennium Force vs Steel Vengeance?

• Total voters

Snoo

The Legend
I did both this season as a newbie to CP so everything was new. I enjoyed MF more. Yeah. lol. It just glides along and maintains it's speed for ages whereas Steve faffs around more, especially towards the end. Steve is still fab, they both are.

I feel like a lot of fanboys/girls who are local are bored of MF so will pick Steve, but with a fresh opinion on doing both on the same day for the first time I just enjoyed MF more. I quite liked that I was able to ride all the coasters new in one day so that I could compare them properly rather than give in to the hype for SV. I had already done twisted timbers before so knew what to expect with Steve. (My trip report explains it more, but yeah.) I'd rate Maverick and TTD above Steve too so make of what you will of that.

Well that just makes you wrong. :p

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Steel Force.

3567906_orig.jpg

Y. Kim

Mega Poster
I chose Steel Vengenance

"Millenium Forceless"
Just drop is good but not much airtime.
So SV has more better airtimes, and fun layout

codeman94

Mega Poster
With Millennium Force nearly 20 years old, I cant keep believing it will always be the best ride ever built.

With both of these rides, they were built to give the people what they wanted at the time. Back in the 90s, people wanted height records, and speed records. MF Delivered in a way that blew everyone's minds.

Same with Steel Vengeance. People wanted Airtime records, and RMC records. Minds blown again.

Snoo

The Legend
With Millennium Force nearly 20 years old, I cant keep believing it will always be the best ride ever built.

With both of these rides, they were built to give the people what they wanted at the time. Back in the 90s, people wanted height records, and speed records. MF Delivered in a way that blew everyone's minds.

Same with Steel Vengeance. People wanted Airtime records, and RMC records. Minds blown again.

Yeah.. but.. that doesn't mean MF is STILL the best though, even if feelings have changed. I known people who've GUSHED over new rides but still put MF over others because "OMG! IT CURED MY CANCER THEN CUDDLED ME NAKED WHEN I FIRST RODE IT! IT'S JUST STARES AT ME NOW AND GIVES ME HERPES BUT THAT FIRST TIME THO!!"

rideguy70

Mega Poster
I haven't yet been on SV, but I've been on many other RMCs. They're a very wild ride, but sometimes they can almost be TOO forceful to the point that they can be a bit painful to ride (especially if marathoning).

While I can see the arguments that MF is not particularly forceful and lacks air time, what it does do for me is sustained, intense speed (without any brakes) for a VERY long time. I really can't think of any other coaster that maintains that level of speed for that long. It's really quite a rush on that level. And in a strange way, the fact it's forceless works to it's advantage in that it makes it very comfortable and re-ridable.

Snoo

The Legend
I haven't yet been on SV, but I've been on many other RMCs. They're a very wild ride, but sometimes they can almost be TOO forceful to the point that they can be a bit painful to ride (especially if marathoning).

While I can see the arguments that MF is not particularly forceful and lacks air time, what it does do for me is sustained, intense speed (without any brakes) for a VERY long time. I really can't think of any other coaster that maintains that level of speed for that long. It's really quite a rush on that level. And in a strange way, the fact it's forceless works to it's advantage in that it makes it very comfortable and re-ridable.

I do think those speed freaks among us definitely play a roll in the hype train but they are more niche in the general community in comparison to other factors, mostly airtime here on CF in general.

And I do agree, that is one of the best, outside of the drop, parts of MF. You don't slow down. At all. Until the brakes. Phenomenal.

The best part about those who "hate" MF is that the ride is still ranked rather high in most cases. Yeah, they don't rank it #1 like some, but they still like the ride.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I do think those speed freaks among us definitely play a roll in the hype train but they are more niche in the general community in comparison to other factors, mostly airtime here on CF in general.

And I do agree, that is one of the best, outside of the drop, parts of MF. You don't slow down. At all. Until the brakes. Phenomenal.

The best part about those who "hate" MF is that the ride is still ranked rather high in most cases. Yeah, they don't rank it #1 like some, but they still like the ride.
I'm by no stretch a hater, and MF doesn't get into my Top 20, but it is an incredible ride. For a ride that does so little in layout terms, the speed that it keeps throughout that layout and the way it just ****ing GOES is pretty special.

I understand the love, I do really like it. Not many coasters like that, really.

But Steel Vengeance dominates it.

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
Honestly both are great rides in my opinion, but Steel Vengeance, like many have said, dominates Millennium Force in nearly every way. That "Millennium Forceless" :emoji_poop: is a garbage claim, though, as I've seen stars many times around the first turn, and my sister has, according to her, "Fallen over in her seat and not able to get back up", which I would believe to be blacking out, but she said she was still conscious. I may never know. Both are fantastic rides though!

Snoo

The Legend
I'm by no stretch a hater, and MF doesn't get into my Top 20, but it is an incredible ride. For a ride that does so little in layout terms, the speed that it keeps throughout that layout and the way it just :emoji_zipper_mouth:ing GOES is pretty special.

I understand the love, I do really like it. Not many coasters like that, really.

But Steel Vengeance dominates it.

Without a doubt. I really think the more rides you get on and the more you refine your tastes for what you really love in a coaster, the more it may rise or fall. Obviously everyone is a lovely snowflake and have their own feelings but you find more and more often that strong airtime and unique elements win over speed. As a 'fanboy' myself, I do still love MF and I still think it's in my Top 20-25 or so but, like TTD, it is slowly falling as I tend to gravitate towards rides like.. well my Top 10.. or as I like to call it.. Murder Wood? Yes. That sounds perfect. Woodies or converted woodies that murder you in all the right ways. Love it.

Hutch

Strata Poster
I've definitely gone through that phase of being a bit of a Cedar Point fanboy back when I was a young, amateur enthusiast ('round 2011-2013), so naturally I loved Millennium Force when I first rode it when I was 13. Since then of course I've expanded my horizons and ridden a good number of creds, but MF is one of the few rides in my Top 10 that hasn't really fallen (think it's always been in my Top 5), even after I rode it again in 2016. It's just a really fun ride and with some really solid moments, and I've gotten a couple of really great night rides. Seeing fireworks go off as I'm going upwards of 80 mph was quite a surreal moment. I've also greyed out multiple times on the bottom of the first drop and up into the overbank turn, so it's definitely not "Millennium Forceless."

I do wonder how well it will hold up as I continue riding it. But for now I haven't ridden it enough to the point where I start to get bored of it, but I have a feeling it may start to slip in my rankings in the future.

Steel Vengeance, though, can't wait to try that. That'll be interesting going in as everyone and their mother are essentially saying it's the best ride in the world.