What's new

Millennium Flyers or Timberliners?

Millennium Flyers or Timberliners?

  • Millennium Flyers, GCI

    Votes: 14 73.7%
  • Timberliners, GG

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Undecided - They're both great!

    Votes: 2 10.5%

  • Total voters
    19

gavin

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Moderator
Social Media Team
^ No, you wouldn't. They're going to kill the ride, assuming they still haven't been put on already?
 

Youngster Joey

Well-Known Member
gavin said:
^ No, you wouldn't. They're going to kill the ride, assuming they still haven't been put on already?

From what I've read they were going to put them for this past season but didn't have time to test.
 

Hyde

I Lied About My Age!
Staff member
Moderator
Social Media Team
I've only ridden Millennium Flyers, still working on that visit to Holiday World for Voyage. They are the most comfortable set of seats and restraints. And as far as looks go, their old school appeal is very pleasing.

Millennium Flyers are the best train I have ridden, so the Timberliners have some stiff competition.

Either way, it is with joy that I see the roller coaster industry FINALLY moving away from the evil that is Philadelphia Toboggan Company trains.
 

bmac

Active Member
Hyde244 said:
I've only ridden Millennium Flyers, still working on that visit to Holiday World for Voyage. They are the most comfortable set of seats and restraints. And as far as looks go, their old school appeal is very pleasing.

Millennium Flyers are the best train I have ridden, so the Timberliners have some stiff competition.

Either way, it is with joy that I see the roller coaster industry FINALLY moving away from the evil that is Philadelphia Toboggan Company trains.

PTCs are good, they're just not meant for twisty layouts (Roar, Wildcat, etc.). They work wonderfully on Phoenix and they still work great on Grizz and company. I couldn't imagine the PTCs on something like Lightning Racer, that'd be death!
 

Hyde

I Lied About My Age!
Staff member
Moderator
Social Media Team
^ Exactly. PTCs are the equivalent of putting Arrow trains on an Intamin Mega. The ride is destroyed by the train type.
 

Jake

Well-Known Member
I haven't ridden anything with Timberliners, but I just can't get past how disgusting they look. They just look so plastic and gross, yet manage to look like they're trying really hard to be cool. Vom.

LOVE MFs though. They're just generally sleek and modern without being obtrusive. The restraints on Timberliners have that X car look about them too which makes me shudder.
 

Mike

Active Member
gavin said:
^ No, you wouldn't. They're going to kill the ride, assuming they still haven't been put on already?

Well, the new Timberliners must SURELY be an improvement on the original Voyage trains, no?
Even the Raven train that Voyage has nicked is a massive improvement over its original train, so I can't see how the new trains could be worse than the originals. :?
 

Intricks

Well-Known Member
The PTCs are fine on Voyage til you hit the Spaghetti Bowl turnaround...then they show why they suck for the coaster.

The Timberliners are HOPEFULLY going to be on for next season (as said from talking to Dan and Family). They wouldn't elaborate why the wait til next season, but most are elaborating that they had to reform parts of the track (the spaghetti bowl last season and final turnaround bit before the brakes this off season) for even better navigation or possible less stress on the trains (just guesswork and rumor talk, so take it how you want it).
 

gavin

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Moderator
Social Media Team
Mike said:
Well, the new Timberliners must SURELY be an improvement on the original Voyage trains, no?

No.

They will be smoother, but the pinning around the waste is going to ruin the ride. Imagine a smooth X-car. Does anyone really want that on a wooden coaster? Anyone who would prefer that to any other coaster train, regardless of roughness, is an idiot.
 

Mike

Active Member
Well, we'll see when the new trains actually get used, but I'm still not convinced that anything will be THAT much worse than the original train.
 
Top