What's new

Liseberg | Luna | Vekoma Family Boomerang | 2023

Christian

Hyper Poster
2.5 months since last update. Construction of Luna is stilled stopped. I am certain that it is because they are waiting for Blader to be able to close Lisebergsbanan.

20220819_135544.jpg

Regarding Balder. The crane is still there but there doesn't seem to be any missing track. All track seems replaced. Found a worker but unlike previously he had no heavy tools with him and was walking around touching all the bolts. I believe he was carrying out some sort of inspection. This could indicate that opening might be near. It might take another couple of weeks to finish up and remove the crane and then testing could start. Though I don't expect Balder to open this summer season. We will probably see it open for Halloween, coinciding with Lisebergsbanan closing.
20220819_143121.jpg
20220819_143119.jpg

Christian

Hyper Poster
There has to be some issue with the Balder retrack. It makes no sense for a woodie retrack, especially one where the track is already made, to take over 6 months. From what I have seen, all track has at some point during this year been removed. The new track looks like new wood but it could also be sanded down and oiled old track. I doubt it as they especially empathised that it's rotten. Installing already rotten wood or wood that has a tendency to rot is not a good idea.

Also does anyone know who makes this track? Does Intimin have anything to do with this retracking?

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
There has to be some issue with the Balder retrack. It makes no sense for a woodie retrack, especially one where the track is already made, to take over 6 months. From what I have seen, all track has at some point during this year been removed. The new track looks like new wood but it could also be sanded down and oiled old track. I doubt it as they especially empathised that it's rotten. Installing already rotten wood or wood that has a tendency to rot is not a good idea.

Also does anyone know who makes this track? Does Intimin have anything to do with this retracking?
The track is made by Cordes Holzbau who also built Mammut at Tripsdrill and the other pre-fabs.

Trax

Hyper Poster

Heidepark took 3 years, of which 2.5 years had seen work. It doesn't matter how slow you are, there is always a Merlin park slower than you :)

Peter Immelmann

Mega Poster
This is a picture of the metro station construction site I did about two weeks ago when visiting the park:
LiserbergSt.png

The restaurant "green room" to the right of the shown frame is still in place. (BTW, they offer pretty good food! 😋)

Does anyone know what this construction side (on the other side of the hill) is about?
LiserbergH.png
Looks fancy

Christian

Hyper Poster
Does anyone know what this construction side (on the other side of the hill) is about?
View attachment 19845
Looks fancy

It is a visualisation dome, basically a modern day planetarium. It is being build by the nearby science/nature museum "Universeum". It has nothing to do with the Universites or Liseberg. I highly recommend a visit to this science museum if you come with kids to Liseberg, It's a pretty good one.

Here is an inside and outside render of the visualisation dome.
wisdome_1920x1200-1024x640.jpg
expansion_vy-sodra-vagen_788x480.jpg

Last edited:

Libby_Liz

Roller Poster
It is a visualisation dome, basically a modern day planetarium. It is being build by the nearby science/nature museum "Universeum". It has nothing to do with the University. I highly recommend a visit to this science museum if you come with kids to Liseberg, It's a pretty good one.
Ah yeah, I knew uni was wrong but couldn't quite remember what is was. Museum should have been my next guess really... 🤦‍♀️

Christian

Hyper Poster
Heidepark took 3 years, of which 2.5 years had seen work. It doesn't matter how slow you are, there is always a Merlin park slower than you :)

Whenever something goes wrong in the theme park world there is always a worse Merlin example. Bless their soul.

Christian

Hyper Poster
This POV shocked me. Lisebergsbanan should be running right over and next to the station. It is not rendered.

Is this just because they only render rides that are part of the Luna Park area? No, Flume Ride is there.

So this is legitimately scary if Lisebergsbanan ends up removed. Luna will never be able to replace that iconic ride.

The_bullgod

Mega Poster
This POV shocked me. Lisebergsbanan should be running right over and next to the station. It is not rendered.

Is this just because they only render rides that are part of the Luna Park area? No, Flume Ride is there.

So this is legitimately scary if Lisebergsbanan ends up removed. Luna will never be able to replace that iconic ride.
Like you've already said. This is only on onride video for Luna and the Luna Park.
So don't expect any other rides outside this park area inside the video.

Peter Immelmann

Mega Poster
I'd also not consider this as an indicator for Lisebergbanan leaving the park. Maybe it would have disturbed too much the visuals (as opposed to the Log Flume which does not appear very prominently in the POV).

cookie

Giga Poster

You're overthinking a janky, throwaway animation. Helix isn't on there either, even though it should be emerging from underneath AeroSpin.

Not to mention, Lisebergbanan got new trains just a couple of years back. What reason would they have to remove it, especially since it'd likely be a logistical nightmare to do so?

Last edited:

Christian

Hyper Poster
I sincerely hope I am wrong. The render looks like something out of Planet Coaster. But on the other hand I can't ignore that Lisebergsbanan is not there. Afterall, that is the ride which will have most interaction with Luna, not Flume Ride.

I also can't ignore that Lisebergsbanan and Luna have the same thrill level and kind of overlap. It is also hard to ignore that if Liseberg ever want a hyper (which they have been talking about for atleast 15 years), they can only build it on the hill. The train station plot at the entrance is too small for a hyper, even if they use the garden across the midway. Lisebergsbanan takes up loads of space and has an absolutely brilliant station building that can be reused. Lisebergsbanan is still a popular coaster but it never has the hour long queues it used to have before Helix opened. Luna will further pull from it's appeal as it targets the same crowd. On the other hand Liseberg are investing heavily on families. They might want two good family coasters to attract guests for their family hotels.

Personally I would be willing to loose Lisebergsbanan for a truly breathtaking hyper which I know Liseberg could pull off.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I sincerely hope I am wrong. The render looks like something out of Planet Coaster. But on the other hand I can't ignore that Lisebergsbanan is not there. Afterall, that is the ride which will have most interaction with Luna, not Flume Ride.

I also can't ignore that Lisebergsbanan and Luna have the same thrill level and kind of overlap. It is also hard to ignore that if Liseberg ever want a hyper (which they have been talking about for atleast 15 years), they can only build it on the hill. The train station plot at the entrance is too small for a hyper, even if they use the garden across the midway. Lisebergsbanan takes up loads of space and has an absolutely brilliant station building that can be reused. Lisebergsbanan is still a popular coaster but it never has the hour long queues it used to have before Helix opened. Luna will further pull from it's appeal as it targets the same crowd. On the other hand Liseberg are investing heavily on families. They might want two good family coasters to attract guests for their family hotels.

Personally I would be willing to loose Lisebergsbanan for a truly breathtaking hyper which I know Liseberg could pull off.
It's not going anywhere; I think you're just being overly paranoid tbh. Like other people have said, they just chose not to render other rides out of convenience.