What's new

Liseberg | Luna | Vekoma Family Boomerang | 2023

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I'd say the standard etiquette here is if you've found documents which you shouldn't have seen yet, and you've been asked to not post them, simply don't post them. Don't make any further reference to them. Don't include screenshots or drips and drabs of details.
Just hold your hands up and go "Sorry, I've been asked not to share them, and I'll respect that wish".
Obviously you don't have to, if you've found them in a public / perfectly legitimate way, but if nothing else, it's the polite thing to do...

If you haven't been told to not post them, then surely just go ahead and post them.

Drip feeding information with a "I know something you don't" sort of vibe just feels tiresome.

TIAAGI

Roller Poster
I'd say the standard etiquette here is if you've found documents which you shouldn't have seen yet, and you've been asked to not post them, simply don't post them. Don't make any further reference to them. Don't include screenshots or drips and drabs of details.
Just hold your hands up and go "Sorry, I've been asked not to share them, and I'll respect that wish".
Obviously you don't have to, if you've found them in a public / perfectly legitimate way, but if nothing else, it's the polite thing to do...

If you haven't been told to not post them, then surely just go ahead and post them.

Drip feeding information with a "I know something you don't" sort of vibe just feels tiresome.

Wasn't my intention at all. I got told to hold the documents after what I wrote and the discussion was already in motion.
Sorry bout the "I know something you don't" I don’t like it myself and it wasn’t meant to come out like that.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I’m sorry, but there’s no excuse for it!!!

If you can’t share something, or are ‘unsure yet’ whether you can share something, then just keep ya friggin gob shut about it…

Why even mention it? If you can’t share it you’re left looking to most people here (and believe me this is true right now) like you’re a billy bull*******! and you get absolutely nothing from it!

Keep it to yourself, until you CAN share, and just be happy knowing what you know…

TIAAGI

Roller Poster
I’m sorry, but there’s no excuse for it!!!

If you can’t share something, or are ‘unsure yet’ whether you can share something, then just keep ya friggin gob shut about it…

Why even mention it? If you can’t share it you’re left looking to most people here (and believe me this is true right now) like you’re a billy bull*******! and you get absolutely nothing from it!

Keep it to yourself, until you CAN share, and just be happy knowing what you know…
Point taken

JoshC.

Strata Poster
So it will be a... Vekoma Family Boomerang?
luna1920x1080.jpg

Stats:
Manufacturer: Vekoma
Height: 33.5 meters
Length: 242 meters (the ride is 484 meters)
Speed: 68 km / h
Number of passengers: 20 people
Capacity: approx. 720 people / hour
Length limit: 95 cm

Two new rides next year as part of a new area, called Luna Park, with the new coaster, called Luna, opening in 2023. The coaster will be themed to reaching for the moon.

And here's a visual of the new area:
FB_IMG_1640074330511.jpg

TIAAGI

Roller Poster
Luna, Tempus and Turbo
In a new area of the park called Luna Park.

As you can see its where Virvelvinden was located and Aerospin still is.

Turbo Tillverkare: Technical Park Höjd: ca 8meter hög Antal passagerare: 24 personer Kapacitet: ca 600/timme Längdgräns: 90cm med medföljande vuxen, annars 130cm

Tempus Tillverkare: Zamperla Höjd: ca 7 meter Hastighet: tornet roterar 2 varv/minut (rpm), armarna 13 v/m (rpm) Antal passagerare: 32 Kapacitet: ca 500 personer/timme Längdgräns: 105 cm

Luna Tillverkare: Vekoma Höjd: 33,5 meter Längd: 242 meter (Åkturen är 484 meter) Hastighet: 68 km/h Antal passagerare: 20 Kapacitet: ca 720 personer/timme Längdgräns: 95cm

Luna.jpeg

Joelpagett

Mega Poster
It looks a great addition for families, and will give that entire area some cohesion which I think it always needed. I'm not the target audience, and it's certainly not something I would rush back for, but with their other lineup of coasters, it will fit perfectly.

TIAAGI

Roller Poster
Okay so as most major parks who buy vekoma boomerangs lately seem to receive another bigger vekoma in several years to come. (Tayto, Tripsdrill, Phantasialand, Energylandia duh, Farup, etc) Would this also be the case for Liseberg?!
Haha, I was thinking exactly the same and if you look at one of my earlier posts with the tender sent by Liseberg they are looking to invest 50 million euros in "coasters" to 2029.

My honest guess is that this is fully possible

JoshC.

Strata Poster
It's a nice addition to the family coaster line up at the park (which really is only Lisbergbanan at this stage), but I wonder how it will cope given it has quite a low throughput.

But yeah, area looks nice and everything, but this feels a little underwhelming in some sense I guess.

Peet

Giga Poster
The height of 33.5m is interesting; that's 110 feet which is *much* taller than any existing family boomerangs (Raik is the tallest at 25m). It will be the longest too at 242m, although only just (Volldampf is 238m).

Matt N

CF Legend
Surely a 110ft coaster would hit 50mph or more, though; this coaster will only be hitting around 43mph.

Could it be a typo, and they meant 23.5m? 33.5m does seem awfully tall for a Vekoma Family Boomerang… 23.5m would be more par for the course with others of the ride type.

TIAAGI

Roller Poster
Surely a 110ft coaster would hit 50mph or more, though; this coaster will only be hitting around 43mph.

Could it be a typo, and they meant 23.5m? 33.5m does seem awfully tall for a Vekoma Family Boomerang… 23.5m would be more par for the course with others of the ride type.
In the PR material Liseberg says this:

Med sina 33,5 meter höjd blir Luna den högsta och snabbaste av sin sort i världen.
With its height of 33.5 meters, Luna will be the tallest and fastest of its kind in the world.

So they height seems correct.

You are right with the speed, have not thought about that.