What's new

Liseberg | Luna | Vekoma Family Boomerang | 2023

dcxs

Roller Poster
I discovered this about a month ago. It just has to be mistake, using the ride names as the project name. The rest of the protocol is censored except for the names, which give everything away! I was hoping for more leaks and therefore didn't post anything ;)
Hopefully we get Luna news soon!

TIAAGI

Roller Poster
I discovered this about a month ago. It just has to be mistake, using the ride names as the project name. The rest of the protocol is censored except for the names, which give everything away! I was hoping for more leaks and therefore didn't post anything ;)
Hopefully we get Luna news soon!
Or was it a mistake on purpose to start the hype of what’s happening?

I mean look at Luna, that’s well protected and there is no documents except from the name and year for the attraction. No official tenders, right to build or anything.

The only signs is some spray paint and sticks in the park. What they mean is a guess….

TIAAGI

Roller Poster
So there have been an offical procurement out for some time with the name

"Sweden-Gothenburg: Playground merry go rounds".

To be able to read it in full you need to have a special account on a website, which I now have.
The title of the document is the most interesting.
What's smart from Lisebergs side is that it reaches from 2020 to the end of 2029 and therefore includes more than one investment.
All of a sudden it got harder for us to get information on what they are buying.

As I read the document it means that Liseberg has a plan until 2029 to invest 50 Million Euro in Amusement Rides "COASTERS".
If that investment only is for coasters or other rides remains to be seen.

Could Luna have to do with this :eek:

"Amusement Rides "COASTERS" for Liseberg AB"

Description of the procurement:

This procurement, dynamic purchasing system, encompasses amusement rides such as ‘Coasters’ for Liseberg AB.

Duration of the contract, framework agreement or dynamic purchasing system End:
31/12/2029
This contract is subject to renewal: no

Estimated volume The total volume throughout the DPS is estimated to 50 Million Euro.
However, this DPS is without any volume commitments for Liseberg.

1.1.1 Invitation to application Liseberg AB, hereinafter referred to as Liseberg, is conducting a Dynamic purchasing system (DPS) regarding "COASTERS". Liseberg invites tenderers, hereinafter referred to as Tender applicant, to submit applications in accordance with this Procurement document.

1.1.2 Definitions LOU - Swedish Public procurement law
COASTERS - A Roller Coaster refers to attractions at amusement parks that employs a form of elevated railroad track designed with tight slopes, and sometimes inversions. The guest ride along the track in open cars.

Invitation to application: The first stage in the DPS, during wich Liseberg invite suppliers to apply to participate in the DPS.
Dynamic purchasing system (DPS): This procurement.
Procurement documents: The produrement documents include a main document (request documentation) and attachments.
Tender applicant: Supplier applying for participation in the DPS.
Tender application: Applications received from suppliers to participate in the DPS.
Supplier: Tender applicant who are qualified in the DPS.
Specific procurement: Procurement done within the DPS (stage 2).
Tender invitation: Invitation to tender for the specific procurement made within the DIS during (stage 2).
Tenderer: Supplier who is part of the DPS and who has tendered for the specific procurement.
Contract: The contract signed with the winning bidder that is awarded the Contract in the specific procurement (stage 2).

Matt N

CF Legend
So Luna is likely to be a roller coaster? Interesting!

I wonder what type? And where it could go? I haven’t really heard any rumours, so I’m unsure…

TIAAGI

Roller Poster
So Luna is likely to be a roller coaster? Interesting!

I wonder what type? And where it could go? I haven’t really heard any rumours, so I’m unsure…
Could be a coaster
There’s two factors here.

One is this document which states “COASTER” but for a time frame of 10 Years. we could get a coaster now or at any point until 2029 or maybe more than one coaster? 🤷🏼‍♂️
And in theory this document could include other rides than just coasters.

The second is that there is another document stating that Liseberg have ordered a water ride from Intamin.

What kinda coaster the procurement doesn’t state since it’s for 10 years.
Where in the park is just guessing but again there are some spray paint in selected places in the park. Which could mean anything to be honest.

As a bonus there’s a study made by a third company on the impact a bigger coaster would make in the park. That study uses the before leaked pictures of a hyper in a expansion of the park. (Think many years ahead, not 2023)

Rupert

Mega Poster
The second is that there is another document stating that Liseberg have ordered a water ride from Intamin.
Thanks for sharing the info! I’d be a bit gutted if the great old-school flume went (great interaction with Helix and Lisebergbanan), but the idea of a Liseberg version of Chiapas could be incredible…

TIAAGI

Roller Poster
Thanks for sharing the info! I’d be a bit gutted if the great old-school flume went (great interaction with Helix and Lisebergbanan), but the idea of a Liseberg version of Chiapas could be incredible…
Of course :). Yes that would be sad of course but a new one is needed I guess. I think they have their reasons. As you say, the interaction with the other rides is amazing. But lets think about that for a second. Where would they put a new flume? According to the document the investment is quite large so a Liseberg version of Chiapas is definitely not out of the question.

Tbf the original rumour about Liseberg for 2023 was a Chiapas-style flume ride to replace the original flume ride for 2023, so wouldn't be surprised if it is an Intamin Flume Ride. This was the video I found the info from (note: this was released 2/3 years ago):

TIAAGI

Roller Poster
Tbf the original rumour about Liseberg for 2023 was a Chiapas-style flume ride to replace the original flume ride for 2023, so wouldn't be surprised if it is an Intamin Flume Ride. This was the video I found the info from (note: this was released 2/3 years ago):

As I have written here before that was the most likely and I've seen this video too. But, think like this. If they where to open a Chiapas style flume by 2023 shouldn't the original FlumeRide be closing after this last Halloween week? Liseberg have done this before, tell everyone that a ride will be closing last days of the season so plausible. To build that kinda ride from now november 2021 to april 2023 could work.

Another but, Flumeride is so popular that people will be furious if they close it in this short time-span. Another parameter is that the park is fully booked for the rest of the season. Imagine to get the news now and you can't go even if you wanted to. That's why my guess is that the Flume will the in operation even next year and the Intamin Flume Ride is for the future.

TIAAGI

Roller Poster
Good morning CF.

Took a stroll through Liseberg yesterday since it was the last day of the Halloween season.
Quite interesting to be honest.

First I found that theres a small crane standing inside the old Virvelvinden building. I expect that building to be taken down starting today.

I also took some photos for you from some of my finds in the park. Look closely.

I'll be back in the park as soon as it opens again for Christmas with some updates for you.

DSC03279.JPG
DSC03522.JPG
DSC03519.JPG
DSC03521.JPG
DSC03518.JPG

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Do you want me to spoil it or not? I just found official documents of Luna. I do have the drawings/foundations of the ride and the manufacturer.
Spoil away! If people didn't want to know, they probably wouldn't come here in the first place.

Please make sure that you don't get into trouble by posting it, though. If you and/or your source have signed an NDA it might be a good idea to keep it to yourself.

TIAAGI

Roller Poster
I have not sign an NDA. For this one I have not used a source except from my own ways of finding documents.
Turns out that I have found the documents where I shouldn’t t have been able to found them. So please bare with me a few days before I release them. Sorry for that.

The press release is probably happening very soon.

The sticks and the markers from my previous pictures are for Luna though.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I have not sign an NDA. For this one I have not used a source except from my own ways of finding documents.
Turns out that I have found the documents where I shouldn’t t have been able to found them. So please bare with me a few days before I release them. Sorry for that.

Is it a coaster? Just tell us that much 🙈 🤣

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster

Can you DM me the deets? Just so I know you aren't another @Intamin Forever.

TIAAGI

Roller Poster
Can you DM me the deets? Just so I know you aren't another @Intamin Forever.
Tell me more about this Intamin Forever. Sounds interesting.

Im not going to DM you the deets.

The documents have a date stamp.
Look at the document name and information and I will share the same document when I can so you can guys can compare.

That document is from the manufacturer.

I have plenty more when its time.

Skärmavbild 2021-11-09 kl. 15.54.00.png