What's new

Linnanmäki | Taiga | Intamin LSM Launch Coaster

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I've said from the outset that I reckon this ride will be spoken about as being at the same level of Taron and Helix. It might not necessarily end up being as divisive and I reckon both Taron and Helix will be generally viewed as 'better', but I still see this being talked about as a top tier European coaster.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I've said from the outset that I reckon this ride will be spoken about as being at the same level of Taron and Helix. It might not necessarily end up being as divisive and I reckon both Taron and Helix will be generally viewed as 'better', but I still see this being talked about as a top tier European coaster.
Since I first saw this, I thought of it as a love child of Taron and Helix. Not sure it will be AS good as each of those 2 at what they do best, but it seems to have been designed to try and pull in the best elements of both, and so the overall ride experience itself, not counting theming etc, could end up being better than both, we’ll see.

Edit to add, from what I’ve seen though, it seems shorter than I’d hoped it would be.

bernatc22

Mega Poster
I believe that if the pacing is as expected and the g's are what one would expect from a layout like this, the ride shall be put in the same level as Taron and Helix. It might be shorter but it has better elements IMO.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

PetskuC

Mega Poster
Some pictures of Taiga the day before opening. I will update later today more pictures of the que etc., since I will be attending the media-day event & first rides!
e0003e86ddb5e05f50d5a0125231e12f.jpg
a3ed75cbe67db74791e2396ec7a3cdb3.jpg
ae5cc4dfa57f07018952d5d8fcb659a4.jpg
d4970a9a50a97315e25dc746cc053f0a.jpg
28cbeb2bffe3f834f5c60608a12af541.jpg
d5fcf064a9ff1969e159ada6e78e024d.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
That's looking pretty great for the most part. There are some awesome looking elements in there, but unless they've redesigned the train, I suspect the S-hill at around 47 seconds is going to be really uncomfortable on the upper body. I have a nasty suspicion that's going to stop it being a really top tier ride for me. It's a shame, really, as everything else looks amazing.

PetskuC

Mega Poster
Just got off Taiga in the back row, and my goodness was it a blast! I got ejector airtime over almost every hill. The twisted dive loop was insane, and the top hat was awesome too. It felt like we got a rollback after both launches, both of which had a suprising amount of force to them! The que-line was well themed and the station was awesome.

bc2dca8b82b0cea81b4a9b8dea6f60a7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
I rode the Taiga today and I have to say... 10/10! Really smooth, fast and few really nice airtimes.
Out of interest, what was your favorite element(s) on Taiga? Have you ridden any other Blitz Coasters by Intamin to compare it to?

PetskuC

Mega Poster
Out of interest, what was your favorite element(s) on Taiga? Have you ridden any other Blitz Coasters by Intamin to compare it to?
I have not ridden a blitz coaster before, but I really liked the launches, the 360 degree twisted dive loop (extreme airtime) and the last in-line twist (was similar to the last inversion on Wildfire at Kolmården)

TMCoasters

Mega Poster
That looks even better than expected!
The stall seems absolutely awesome and I'm surprised by what seems to be some good punch on that first launch.
Really need to make it back out to Scandinavia!

Anac0nda

Mega Poster
I rode Taiga today as well. It is now my #1.

In the backrow, every airtime is ejector, and every element is more intense than previous one, yet it remains smooth and very enjoyable (e.g. almost no lats). Theming is also very highly detailed, and the queue is very nice.

I can't wait to ride it again!

Emica

Roller Poster
The comments from all of you who rode it today made me so excited about tomorrow! It sounds amazing!

Seems like a few weeks ago the whole project was quite unknown to ppl who are not very much into rollercoasters, but now that the major newspapers have written about this and lots of footage is already available, let's see how the crowd turns out tomorrow... Yey! Can't wait!

By the way, if you haven't seen yet, this commercial clip is beautiful:

PetskuC

Mega Poster
The comments from all of you who rode it today made me so excited about tomorrow! It sounds amazing!

Seems like a few weeks ago the whole project was quite unknown to ppl who are not very much into rollercoasters, but now that the major newspapers have written about this and lots of footage is already available, let's see how the crowd turns out tomorrow... Yey! Can't wait!

By the way, if you haven't seen yet, this commercial clip is beautiful:
I totally agree! I do however wish that the crowds aren't too bad, since I wanna marathon this bad boy again after today!