What's new

Linnanmäki | Taiga | Intamin LSM Launch Coaster

PetskuC

Mega Poster
Great update thanks, is the park still open? Or you just went and looked from the outside?
It's closed. There is a road next to the constructionsite where all the pics are taken.

the thing is that the same road is used for the crew when they transport stuff, so it's really small and filled with stuff.

Pear

Strata Poster
IMG_20181118_005057_998.jpg

TMCoasters

Mega Poster
That first inversion looks incredible! It will have some really interesting forces and it uses the terrain really well. Looks like it will have a great sense of height.

PetskuC

Mega Poster
Just look at this:
View attachment 4132
Tweeted by @_lucagiacobbe
Nice pic!
It seems like they have finally started installing the second launch (it's still cut off where they are still working on the ground, where the launch will go over the pedestrian path). They have also installed some pieces for the turn-arounds next to it, and we can see the path where the next ones are going thanks to the footers.
It's also nice to see that they are starting to remove the wooden parts of the footers, the construction area looks very clean! Intresting to see where they will build the queue and exit.
Also that one support just laying on the ground all dirty XD

SBS

Roller Poster
I heard that the top speed of the track is going to be on the bottom just before the massive immelman due to landscape. ( it is very steep downhill from the inversion before immelman )Not on the second launch.

PetskuC

Mega Poster
I heard that the top speed of the track is going to be on the bottom just before the massive immelman due to landscape. ( it is very steep downhill from the inversion before immelman )Not on the second launch.
That seems logical, since that is also the lowest point in the ride.

PetskuC

Mega Poster
Just look at this:
View attachment 4132
Tweeted by @_lucagiacobbe
When I look more closely at the picture, I do believe that the woodwork being done between the launches and the house (thats the dark ride called Köypelinvuoren hotelli) is the shop.
I believe it is that since it is close to the station, and the exit for köypelinvuori is also right there they might combine the two exits. That area is also where the main ticketbooths are, so it would be dead-centre in the park.
It could also be the station itself, but it's some building for sure since the work looks like it has a large area=floor.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Here is another angle taken of the site:-
46512117_1971872109562576_3115583132082896896_n.jpg

Photo by Wonder World.

Thanks for the update @CrashCoaster

This is a little off-topic, however I would like to emphasize that Wonder World is rarely the original source for coaster construction news. I occasionally see this news blogger credited here on the forums, but to put things straight Wonder World has the unfortunate habit of hiding the actual source or deliberately miscrediting where he got his pictures or info from.

For instance, the Taïga construction pic actually comes from Linnanmäki's official Instagram account:

http://instagr.am/p/BqhZCOEBs9H/
Note that I am not a neutral bystander in the Wonder World situation. As reporter for CoastersWorld.fr, our website was at repeated offenses victim of his debatable approach. I am fine with other blogs and social media reusing my or CoastersWorld.fr's content as long as due credit is given. Wonder World on the other hand doesn't follow this practice in most cases.

The bottom line is: if you see something on Wonder World, it is most likely not originally coming from him.

----- [Rant over] -----

Now back on topic, the first inversion looks very exciting. Just like with Steel Dolphin's outward-banked turn, we can definitely see Intamin going for funkier shapes and more sideways airtime elements. This is not your regular corkscrew or Zero-G by the looks of it, we could be in for a really fun mix of lats and airtime :D

Last edited:

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
That low to the ground turn looks very intense. Here is a repost of the layout so it is easier to tell which part of the layout is which:-
Screen%2BShot%2B2018-03-23%2Bat%2B6.36.15%2BPM.png

JoshC.

Strata Poster
That second photo shows exactly why I'm so excited for this. Just an absolute mess of track which looks so damn fun

PetskuC

Mega Poster
Thanks for the update @CrashCoaster

Now back on topic, the first inversion looks very exciting. Just like with Steel Dolphin's outward-banked turn, we can definitely see Intamin going for funkier shapes and more sideways airtime elements. This is not your regular corkscrew or Zero-G by the looks of it, we could be in for a really fun mix of lats and airtime :D

Wonder what they will be naming that inversiono_O

Took a couple of pictures today:

20181125_160122.jpg

20181125_154509.jpg

20181125_155144.jpg

Love how you can see the frost on the trackpieces, making the blue much more intresting. Also, wow they have been fast with installing track lately. In a week, they have intalled some pieces next to the second launch and now all this. :eek:

PetskuC

Mega Poster
Linnanmäki released the POV they showed in the park back in october.

Too bad they used that purple-ish filter on the video as it makes the video seem little bit unclear and messy (At least to me).
YES! They finallt did it! So excited!:D
I didn't remeber the last airtime hill after the trick-track being that unusual. It will be so cool!