What's new

Lightwater Valley - Future?

Where did they buy that Rocket coaster?
They could have gone to Poland. Legendia has one SBNO for a couple of years now.

Where did they buy that Rocket coaster?
They could have gone to Poland. Legendia has one SBNO for a couple of years now.
Ran in Bulgaria for a few years before being sold to Camel Creek, where it then ran for around three years before the park decided they were sick of it, then Lightwater bought it off them. Allegedly Camel Creek said the ride was "beyond economical repair", could only have one car on the track at any time, and ran terribly too.

Given the parks questionable reputation for the operation of single car coasters, I won't be surprised if this thing collapses at some point.
Well, not only is it up for sale, it's closed for the season now. I have seen card towers with more structural integrity. It's horrible seeing the park killed by apathy and stupidity.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Well, not only is it up for sale, it's closed for the season now. I have seen card towers with more structural integrity. It's horrible seeing the park killed by apathy and stupidity.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
I climbed this coaster back in June and honestly, the thing really shook. It's the only coaster I've climbed where I was nervous.

I really wish a decent investor would buy this park and put it back on the theme park map. The land they have is beautiful but the ambition is... well you know where I'm going with this.

I climbed this coaster back in June and honestly, the thing really shook. It's the only coaster I've climbed where I was nervous.

I really wish a decent investor would buy this park and put it back on the theme park map. The land they have is beautiful but the ambition is... well you know where I'm going with this.
I totally agree that this place has a lot of potential however it was ruined by the previous ownership.

I feel that if Looping Group or another operator bought it out before the pandemic, the Ultimate would still be operating and possibly had a major refurbishment.

I'm hoping that the park goes upwards however buying Airbender from Camel Creek and then selling it a year later with lots of downtime isn't promising. I'd have rather they got a similar coaster from SBF Visa in that case.

It's so depressing whats happened to this park. It's in a beautiful location. Has so many nice things going for it. But so many years of bad management and lack of investment has left it a husk of what it once was.

I totally agree that this place has a lot of potential however it was ruined by the previous ownership.

I feel that if Looping Group or another operator bought it out before the pandemic, the Ultimate would still be operating and possibly had a major refurbishment.

I'm hoping that the park goes upwards however buying Airbender from Camel Creek and then selling it a year later with lots of downtime isn't promising. I'd have rather they got a similar coaster from SBF Visa in that case.
I remember when Mellors was gonna buy the place back in 2017 but Livingstone Leisure got to it first & then seasons later ruined it and sold it on.

I remember when Mellors was gonna buy the place back in 2017 but Livingstone Leisure got to it first & then seasons later ruined it and sold it on.
Mellors could've been fantastic for the park

They would've had a rotating line up of rides like at Fantasy Island however the decline you've seen wouldn't have happened.

We could've have had the Ultimate and Raptor Attack still here if it happened.