What's new

Legoland Windsor Future Developments

Niles

Giga Poster
More plans have been filed for the dueling coaster, permission to install olive/black coloured metal canopies above the station area & sections of the queue line.
FqUt4O9WAAAx2Ys.jpeg
FqUt4NaXwAEESw2.jpeg

The plans also make references to a 'Red Ride' and 'Blue Ride', this sounds like the concept released by Zierer last year, wonder if the final ride will be themed similar.
FqUxDukWcAM3XRH.jpeg

The site itself has had loads of trees and shrubs removed along with Raft Racers old queue.
FqVU1AXWYAAGADZ.jpeg
FqVU0_AWwAERj2W.jpeg
Source
Source

Bowser

Mega Poster
Went to Legoland today, there were some diggers working on the site next to the Duplo rollercoaster. Is this where the new duel rollercoaster is going? Seems like such a small spot and right next to the mansion, i can't envision how it's going to fit.

Niles

Giga Poster
Quite a lot is happing at Legoland, first the coaster. Ground leveling at different heights is well underway with walls blocking the area and posters going up.
legolandwindsor2024coaster-6.jpg
legolandwindsor2024coaster-3.jpg

The building for the crazy golf is up, yet inside nothing much appears to be built, its meant to open 29th of July 😅
legolandwindsorminigolf-05.jpg
legolandwindsorminigolf-11.jpg

Loads of work has also happend on the Enchanted Village, the hotel check in building is vertical, roads are going in and foundations for cabins are appearing.
legolandwindsorvillage-01.jpglegolandwindsorvillage-13.jpglegolandwindsorvillage-18.jpg

Source

Also the new Ferrari building has opened, considering how much is coming its a nice little addition for this year.

Niles

Giga Poster
We have an update on the duelling coasters, ground pins have started to appear on site with metal rebar being spotted in the Lego Adventure Golf compound. The big drill that was on site to drill space for the foundations has now gone hopefully meaning we will start to see foundations going in soon.
1.jpg
4.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
Source

The Woodland Village is progressing well with more lodges being delivered to the car park. The main building expected to be the reception area, bar, restaurant and entertainment centre is currently being cladded and made watertight. A few of the lodges towards the back of the site have already been installed.
6.jpg
5.jpg
Source

Lego Adventure Golf is still under construction with an aim to get it open for October.
7.jpg
Source

With the amount of investment coming to the park I'm hopeful that it wont be to long for the recently closed rapids to be replaced with something in a couple of years or so.

Peet

Giga Poster
Looks like you took that from onboard Duplo Dino. Please don't take your phone out on rides. Sincerely, a former Legoland ride op. 🙄
Hi there. We don't know each other, so please don't give me a ticking off based on assumptions about where a photo was taken from, who took it, what device was used, what authority they had etc. Sincerely, a fellow former Merlin employee.

Ps. Apologies to everyone viewing this topic hoping for another update and having to read this instead 😅.

Dan?

Roller Poster
Hi there. We don't know each other, so please don't give me a ticking off based on assumptions about where a photo was taken from, who took it, what device was used, what authority they had etc. Sincerely, a fellow former Merlin employee.

Ps. Apologies to everyone viewing this topic hoping for another update and having to read this instead 😅.
I was primarily in Duplo Valley, the sightlines match up, that fence forms the perimeter of the Dino ride area. I can say with 99% confidence that you were on the left side of the train coming off the lift hill :)

Niles

Giga Poster
Merlin love their "worlds firsts", coming in spring 2024 is Legoland windsors fastest coaster (56kph), Minifigure Speedway, worlds first lego dueling coaster.

IMG_20231115_201916.jpg
Source

The new mini golf is coming along well.
IMG_20231115_202417.jpg
IMG_20231115_202440.jpg
IMG_20231115_202451.jpg

Also a few days ago the park did a public consultation with plans they want to double the size of their Woodland village going from 150 units to 300.

Source

Niles

Giga Poster
Track has made its way to the site and has started to go up with the red side first.
1.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

And more supports continue to go up.
2.jpg
6.jpg
5.jpg

For loads more pictures of the site see Source

While no where near the scale of Hyperia or as interesting as Drayton's coaster I'm really looking forward to this, love dueling coasters and its looking surprisingly big. Also nice to see they are doing some TLC on the manor.

Last edited: