What's new

Legoland Windsor Future Developments

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Only reason I'd lean towards Zierer (Apart from the track in the plans being clearly Zierer) is that the layout is very very un-Vekoma. The design is pretty by the numbers 90 and 180 degree turns. It reminds me a lot of the figure of 8 layouts on Zierer Tivoli coasters.

The Vekoma junior boomerangs are almost all designed by Fraser Ross and this layout is very un Fraser.

The park haven't got any Vekoma coasters - Duplo Dino is made by ART and the other two are WGH.
I think they mean the one at Wildlands Zoo

Last edited:

Peet

Giga Poster
The park haven't got any Vekoma coasters - Duplo Dino is made by ART and the other two are WGH.

Pretty sure (s)he's referring to this:

All Vekoma family boomerangs have spines along the track, the planning docs show track without a spine, so the possibilities are:
- Planning docs show different style track to what will be built in reality
- Vekoma are changing their track stlye for this one
- It's not Vekoma, Zierer's track is the closest match to what's shown, hence the speculation that it's a Zierer

Personally I think we should be focusing on the views you'll get from the top, and bunny hop out of the station and down the hill, it's going to be great whoever builds it!

Matt N

CF Legend
If I were in a speculative mood, I’d guess that Merlin may well have some kind of bulk deal with Zierer, or at very least an incredibly solid relationship with them for building Legoland coasters.

A substantial percentage of new Legoland parks are building/have built Zierer Force Five models as their Dragon coasters, Legoland Billund’s Flying Eagle was a Zierer Force, Legoland Billund’s Polar X-Plorer was a Zierer… Merlin does seem to gravitate towards Zierer quite heavily for building coasters in Legoland parks.

By comparison, Merlin doesn’t seem to have much of a relationship with Vekoma. Apart from Haunted House Monster Party, I’m struggling to think of any Merlin projects that Vekoma manufactured, and they certainly haven’t installed any Vekoma roller coasters, as far as I’m aware.

With that in mind as well as the other evidence (the track design looks very Zierer, and I also heard someone say that the airgate design looks very Zierer as well), I would not be at all surprised if this was Zierer building their first ever shuttle coaster. In fact, I’d argue it’s possibly more likely than Vekoma, in my opinion.

EDjanaika

Mega Poster
Only reason I'd lean towards Zierer (Apart from the track in the plans being clearly Zierer) is that the layout is very very un-Vekoma. The design is pretty by the numbers 90 and 180 degree turns. It reminds me a lot of the figure of 8 layouts on Zierer Tivoli coasters.

The Vekoma junior boomerangs are almost all designed by Fraser Ross and this layout is very un Fraser.

I think they mean the one at Wildlands Zoo
Yh I meant Wildlands Zoo sorry I should have referenced it but I'd forgotten the name of the park 😂

Jared

Hyper Poster
Just to add to the manufacturer discussion. I’ve got images of a proposed Zierer Family Boomerang for Chessington. Sadly, I can’t share them, but it was 100% Zierer based on the train design, so it’s highly possible this is them.

Matt N

CF Legend
Just to add to the manufacturer discussion. I’ve got images of a proposed Zierer Family Boomerang for Chessington. Sadly, I can’t share them, but it was 100% Zierer based on the train design, so it’s highly possible this is them.
Was this an alternative proposal for Project Amazon, by any chance?

Jared

Hyper Poster
I wouldn’t say alternative. Usually parks put together a few ideas, some never make it off the drawing board. They put them to focus groups to see which is most appealing. So sometimes these things get drawn up in nice fancy artwork, but never actually go any further.

cookie

Giga Poster
How come it wouldn't be a Gerstlauer family shuttle?
It’s not their track design on the plans. Gerstlauer has additional diagonal cross-ties on their family coaster track, whereas this has only straight ties that bend inward like on the Zerier Force coasters.

Matt N

CF Legend
Don’t Gerstlauer family shuttles also have a turn that connects both lift hills together? Or am I imagining that?

Matt N

CF Legend
Danny on TowersStreet Talk has made an interesting discovery within Zierer's IAAPA product magazine that arguably drops a heavy hint towards Legoland's new coaster being a Zierer family shuttle rather than a Vekoma Family Boomerang, and also provides an insight into a potential theme for the new ride:
Zierer-Brochure-1.png
Zierer-Brochure-2.png

I don't know about any of you, but that "Dueling Reverse Coaster" looks exactly like Legoland's proposed layout to me, and the cops and robbers type trains in the left image could possibly hint towards a Lego City theme, in my view. That would certainly suit both Lego and a duelling roller coaster, so would work well, in my view.
P.S. Here's Danny's TowersStreet post: https://towersstreet.com/talk/threads/legoland-windsor.67/page-77#post-382844

Niles

Giga Poster
Land clearing has started on the site for the new dueling coaster.
IMG_20221220_192739.jpgIMG_20221220_192751.jpg

However more work is taking place round the park, growing up going here two structures i consider iconic have gone, the dinosaur on the hill has been taken out.
IMG_20221220_192807.jpg

Also the lighthouse for the stunt show has also gone.
IMG_20221220_192818.jpg
Source

Niles

Giga Poster
More news from Legoland, planning permission has been granted for the indoor adventure crazy golf that will be built near the entrance to the park.
1.jpg2.jpg

The Divisional Director for LEGOLAND Windsor also stated that the Holiday Village is due to commence construction on-site in the coming weeks, one of the car parks has been fenced off with diggers spotted on the site.
3.jpg1.png

Around the rest of the park work continues with a new rumoured lighthouse to be installed, Imagination area update, rollercoaster groundwork and a nice little addition of water fountains being added.
1.png1.png
1.png1.png

1.png

Great to see so much investment coming to the park.

Source & Source