What's new

Kumali's second train?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Don't get all caps lock on me. I didn't know they'd "NEVER" used the second train. I'd assumed they'd have at least used it for a time. Not really THAT bad a thing to guess... :roll:

dj-fireball999

Mega Poster
They seemed to dispatch the train pretty damn slowly anyway on my last visit... To be honest, it just seemed like they didn't care that the queue was building up. There was a lot of waiting around before someone finally went "Oh yeah, you can dispatch the train if you want. Or not, you know, whatever."

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Mackem Lad said:
Ian said:
They only run it on one train so you can enjoy the amazin' station music a little longer.

And to give the staff a break.

True story.
Is that because they tire themselves out pinning people all the time? They're terrible for it. Ohh, there's a new topic I can begin. Off to General Discussions I go!

dj-fireball999

Mega Poster
CoasterCrazy said:
Is Kumali seriously unpopular or something? Blue tornado runs virtually all the time with three...

Do they run all three simultaneously? If so, then that's quite impressive for an SLC!

Mackem Lad

Mega Poster
CoasterCrazy said:
Is Kumali seriously unpopular or something? Blue tornado runs virtually all the time with three...

Nope. Flamingo Land's operations are just that dire.

They have absolute zero urgency when it comes to shifting queues, which is one of the biggest in a long list of frustrations I have with the park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
^^Yep, blue tornado does run 3 trains at once (or at least it did when I was there this summer)

Train one=on the lift hill
Train two=in the station
Train three=on the brakes

There are two sets of brakes on that ride you know...

Ben

CF Legend
^Yeah, that's pointless... Why just stack without fail when the block system only ALLOWS two to really run at anytime...

And yeah, Flamingo just have dire operations. Velocity only has one train too, and Mumbo Jumbo is run slower than an Englishman in the 100 meter sprint.

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
Flamingoland's load/offload ethos is horrendous!

The staff literally swan around, push a harness down, do a little dance about how they love not being efficient, put another harness down, go for a poo break, close another bar, then 10 minutes later you get dispatched.

But seriously, the worrying thing is that I'm only exaggerating a little bit!!

OH! and last time I went, they had introduced an even more obscene policy, whereby when the train arrives back at the station, the staff push down on every restraint before they're unlocked. I mean, yes this will release any bars that could possibly not be released, but WHY THE **** do they need to spend an extra 30 seconds doing it to all bars before they've even been unlocked.

it winds me up that place, efficient operations make me excited.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Danzibarr said:
it winds me up that place, efficient operations make me excited.

I totally understand you. There's nothing that bothers me most than staff wandering around doing nothing with no reason. C'mon, it's not that hard to operate a coaster; push/pull restraint, check belt (if there's any), off you go!

Lofty

CF Legend
dj-fireball999 said:
oriolat2 said:
C'mon, it's not that hard to operate a coaster; push/pull restraint, check belt (if there's any), off you go!

You'd be surprised.

Um, you do realise he's been a ride op/dispatcher at a park for a while now?

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Ok, sorry to resurrect and old thread but I just queued over an hour in Kumali's queue that only had about 200 people in it. There were only allowing the main queue to board every other train, and using the fast pass queue for the rest. Utterly pathetic. I did politely ask a ride op asking if this used to run two trains, and just laughed at me along with his co-worker and gave me a load of bull**** excuses just to cover up the fact they're a bunch of lazy pricks.

I should also mention that I have had staff on multiple occasions be outright ride to me and my party, not just this one. If I'm being honest, I actually want Merlin to take the park over and replace all the management and staff. That should solve quite a few issues.

I mean I knew the ops weren't great but **** me...

Furiustobaco

Mega Poster
Honestly not looking forward to going to Flamingo if the ops are that bad. I actually swore off Portaventura due to the incredibly awful ops as of recent so if Flamingo is the same i will get the credits and run as fast i can to the exit. Operations are a huge thing for me hence why i love Europa Park so much.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I actually
Honestly not looking forward to going to Flamingo if the ops are that bad. I actually swore off Portaventura due to the incredibly awful ops as of recent so if Flamingo is the same i will get the credits and run as fast i can to the exit. Operations are a huge thing for me hence why i love Europa Park so much.
I actually didn't find too many problems with PA's ops when I visited last month. Dispatches and train numbers were above satisfactory.

Ah yes, I forgot to mention that at FL today most of the thrill coasters broke down multiple times, with Kumali being down most of the day.

Last edited: