What's new

Knott's Berry Farm | HangTime | Gerstlauer Infinity

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
^ this exactly. It’s why row 2 on the Smiler is the roughest row, it doesn’t have the independence that the others do, and I’d suspect it’s why you see more movement in the dummies.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
The first 2 rows are able to move vertically, but on the unbanked sections (horizontally), the first 2 rows are always completely parallel from the side.

Matt N

CF Legend
Just found some new testing footage on YouTube, and row 2 doesn't look to be rattling as much in this footage, which is reassuring! Looks really good and quite smooth in this footage! See for yourselves:

Pear

Strata Poster
Strange that this was posted on the site:

25a3b89522016935d06b189fb711acb4.png

In other news Xcelerator is back open!

Matt N

CF Legend
Well, this is opening tomorrow. Has anyone heard any reviews from people who might have ridden early?

Matt N

CF Legend
Sorry for double posting, but this has now been delayed to the 1st June, apparently. They must be experiencing some sort of major setback behind the scenes, because it's been testing since early February, I believe?

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Well, this is opening tomorrow. Has anyone heard any reviews from people who might have ridden early?

Could it be that the June 1 opening was planned all along, and the April 1 announcement of opening the day after was, well, a typical April 1 announcement?

Matt N

CF Legend
Could it be that the June 1 opening was planned all along, and the April 1 announcement of opening the day after was, well, a typical April 1 announcement?
Maybe so! But 1st June does seem slightly late considering the completed state of the track in my eyes, though.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I've seen some sporadic tweets that the ride has opened for passholder previews and riders have been saying that the ride is really fun. I'm not at all surprised to hear the positive reviews.

I've also seen a few night photos and every one shows a different lighting mode. I'll echo those praising KCL for their lighting package - they look completely stellar!

Snoo

The Legend
I'd love an offride version. I looked on YT but couldn't find one. Does look like an interesting ride.