What's new

Knott's Berry Farm | HangTime | Gerstlauer Infinity

Matt N

CF Legend
This looks like a really fun ride! Gerstlauer really know how to make use of a compact space, and this is no exception! I can't even spy any potential jolty moments in that POV! Apparently Gold Rush at Slagharen is very smooth, so maybe Gerstlauer's track profiling skills are improving!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
You can proper see the jolt in the corkscrew at 0:20 and 1:27 in that TPR video. Same with the cobra roll at 0:32:-
Thank God it has lapbars, they will definitely dampen the roughness. If it had OTSR's, It would probably be like The Smiler.

It will likely still be an infinite (pun intended) number of times better than the old Boomerang.

Last edited:

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Double post, but I found a behind the scenes construction tour, which is rather interesting, and contains a lot of interesting info about the ride:-
Video by Parks and Cons.

I think the trains look nicer on the ride. I'm still not a huge fan of the front car design, but each train will have a different coloured front.

Last edited:

Dar

Hyper Poster
It looks more like the dummies are wobbling, more than the train? I'm totally on board with a bit of Gerst bashing, but it seems odd that only one row is shaking?

Offical_Pitchnoir

Roller Poster
04_16.jpg

06_18.jpg

08_15.jpg

SOURCE

Lofty

CF Legend
They're really fab. The colours work well together, don't know what people are talking about? They literally work perfectly together.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
The fronts work with the rest of the trains, but they look like **** by themselves. But the trains as a whole are sexy as ****, and work nicely with the ride structure.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
I've just watched that clip on a big HD screen, and I still can't see any wobbling. Looks fine. Fun, in fact.
Tell you one thing though; that ride is sooooo gonna stall.

Matt N

CF Legend
I love the trains, and I think the ride looks like great fun too! It doesn't look very jolty either, so maybe Gerst have turned a corner in terms of their profiling skills, as apparently Gold Rush at Slagharen and Madagascar at Motiongate are both pretty smooth. There definitely don't seem to be any Smiler's cobra roll exit moments in the ride!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I love the trains, and I think the ride looks like great fun too! It doesn't look very jolty either, so maybe Gerst have turned a corner in terms of their profiling skills, as apparently Gold Rush at Slagharen and Madagascar at Motiongate are both pretty smooth. There definitely don't seem to be any Smiler's cobra roll exit moments in the ride!
Did you not see that jolt in HangTime's corkscrew?

MakoMania

Mega Poster
How can people not see the row 2 jolt!? It's massive!

I hope it's a fixable train issue rather than a track issue, I'm sure it will be.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I've watched over that jolt numerous times. It's 100% the dummies not being fully secure. The chassis doesn't move, the other rows don't move, it's only the dummies shuffling relative to the seats they're in. This ride might have a few jolty moments, we don't know. But that one section is definitely the dummies, not the ride.

Dar

Hyper Poster
Aren't rows 1 & 2 fixed together to make the zero car? So row 2 can't shuffle independent of row 1?