What's new

Knightmare is now scrap metal, y'all can stop wondering

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I need the cred but until I see it being constructed on site then I can't get even slightly excited. Obviously I'll go when/if it does reopen.

rob666

Hyper Poster
More of a lukewarm winnet than an actual turd.
Amusingly different coaster, but not worth waiting more than ten minutes for.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
I'm quite surprised that this isn't generating more of a buzz on here, especially among some of our more <cough> mature members.
Even if the thing is in a bit of a state, just the fact that something is happening should be sending the 'Old Skools' into a bit of a tizz.
I for one am really rather excited by the prospect of a written-off Schwarz' coming back to life, especially on home turf. If it does actually reopen in 2018, could make for a vintage year in the UK coaster calendar.
Perhaps I'm extra excited because I don't have the cred. Funny story; I very nearly 'did a Griswald' trying to get this coaster. Was literally at the point of leaving the house, keys in hand, but decided to check the opening times online, just to be sure. Wait... Whaaaaat? Closed for good?? Was not a happy bunny.
Anyway, back on topic; Yay for Knightmare at Southport :)

I'm excited. I need the cred.

Will

Strata Poster
While I don't remember it being all that great, driving past it's rusting sculpture for the last decade or so has been saddening, and there's so few Schwarz's left that it'd be worth another go.

At the risk of sounding like a stuck record, I wish they'd get their bloody pinfari looper open though; it'd be SUCH an easy cred to grab... And whilst they're struggling with that, it makes me wonder if they're really up to the challenge of resurrecting Knightmare.

rob666

Hyper Poster
Had a snoop round the outside of Camelot yesterday, Knightmare rotting nicely, absolutely no sign of anything changing, guard dog was nice though!
I just cannot see Knightmare going anywhere at all, let it rust in peace.

spicy

Giga Poster
Had a snoop round the outside of Camelot yesterday, Knightmare rotting nicely, absolutely no sign of anything changing, guard dog was nice though!
I just cannot see Knightmare going anywhere at all, let it rust in peace.

I thought it had already been deconstructed and started moving to Southport? Due to this pic..?

19884420_268532866957210_4785779068482624955_n-jpg.1518

Robbie

Hyper Poster
From my limited view, it looked like the whole ride was still fully standing.
Nah, there's definitely track gone. Until the news of the refurbishment and then it turning up in Southport I had thought it was an attempt to stop people climbing up by removing the pieces that are easiest to reach.

rob666

Hyper Poster
I stand corrected.
From about a hundred yards away, I followed the track round as best as I could, but the lowest bits were obscured by the storage yard stuff.
I really hope this happens, I actually used to get paid a fair amount of money to ride this ride at weekends through its time at Camelot!
I just can't see it actually making it though, sand foundations at Pleasureland, and all the cost of renovation and relocation, it's not exactly a small coaster, and is in very poor nick.

Peet

Giga Poster
(Bump) These were posted a few days ago on Twitter by Attraction Images (@attractionimage) - the only sections of track removed are basically those making up the brake run, not much sign of activity, it seems that if a move to Southport was planned it has fallen through for some reason.Camelot Knightmare air 1.jpg
Camelot Knightmare air 2.jpg

Lofty

CF Legend
It’s always such a shame seeing pictures of Camelot, even though the park was a dump it a massive part of my childhood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thought the exact same when looking at those photos.

I highly doubt Knightmare being moved now - refurb alone would put most future owners out of the equation.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
If Knightmare is melted down for nails, one of them might end up in a picket fence or tool shed or something at Southport. Would that count?